FS: Sealed Benny - SOLD

tali cakestali cakes Posts: 8
edited September 2012 in Lost Dogs
Hate to do it but I NEED to let my Benny go :( . Still sealed, pretty low number 48?/2000. The only time it's been out of the shipping box was for me to look at the number just now. $1400.00

Item has sold. Enjoy!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    *****whiiiiiiiiislte***** Some luck fan's going home with an expensive Benny!
    :D
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • That's a good deal!!?? :corn:
    107 Shows and counting
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    sweet jesus...i'll never own one of these. :shock:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • You and me both! I got to think this would be the highest one has gone.
    mfc2006 wrote:
    sweet jesus...i'll never own one of these. :shock:
    107 Shows and counting
  • tali cakes wrote:
    Hate to do it but I NEED to let my Benny go :( . Still sealed, pretty low number 48?/2000. The only time it's been out of the shipping box was for me to look at the number just now. $1400.00

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!! :o :shock: :?

This drives me crazy that these Benny's are sitting around still sealed. Not to knock anyone who gets stuff to sit on a shelf but man OPEN THAT SUCKER UP AND PLAY IT!!! I may be guilty of having stuff I don't wear or use but as a vinyl addict, this is my holy grail that I can never justify getting for how much they go for. To know that some own this and its sits never played. :fp: I would have this vinyl worn out already having been played so many times. I have seen some just go for $850 but they may have been opened or something to justify the price.

I am jealous :mrgreen: on whoever gets this or has a copy. Good luck with the sale. Some lucky bastard will listen to this and melt their brain. I would love to hear this spinning! 8-)

not a vinyl snob either. :roll: :lol:
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    One went the other day on the bay..sealed for $1576.. so maybe OP's price is about in line.
  • RYANPB999RYANPB999 Coventry, Rhode Island Posts: 542
    Im getting a huge settlement in November and if this still up for grabs its mine. I doubt it'll still be here tho.
    Having tasted, a life wasted, I'm never going back again!
  • southpsouthp Posts: 265
    Seems to be the right price for a sealed copy.
    Opened should be considerably less.
  • southp wrote:

Not disagreeing with you or the price quoted here. Couldn't care less. But why would someone pay the going rate for a sealed one? To say you have one? If you're going to play it why pay that much more just to get a sealed one? And if you're not going to open it, why have a vinyl? Why not just build yourself a box that looks the same and wrap it in plastic?

I dunno. I guess I will never understand this collecting unopened vinyl concept.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • LoveBoatCaptainDaveLoveBoatCaptainDave san antonio,tx Posts: 461
    southp wrote:

Not disagreeing with you or the price quoted here. Couldn't care less. But why would someone pay the going rate for a sealed one? To say you have one? If you're going to play it why pay that much more just to get a sealed one? And if you're not going to open it, why have a vinyl? Why not just build yourself a box that looks the same and wrap it in plastic?

I dunno. I guess I will never understand this collecting unopened vinyl concept.
    couldnt have said it better myself! :thumbup:
    san antonio tx 2003
    austin tx 2009
    EV san antonio tx 2011
    dallas tx 2013
    austin tx 2014
  • southp wrote:

right. buy vinyl. spin vinyl. it good. 8-)
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    southp wrote:

Guarantees the condition? If you're throwing around that sorta loot anyhow, maybe you just go whole hog to know it's mint?
  • pjl44 wrote:
    southp wrote:

Guarantees the condition? If you're throwing around that sorta loot anyhow, maybe you just go whole hog to know it's mint?
    Totally agree. I trust buying opened vinyl from the folks here, but not so much for opened on other sites. They don't stay sealed long, let them breathe, spin them, enjoy them.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    DocHinchy wrote:
    Totally agree. I trust buying opened vinyl from the folks here, but not so much for opened on other sites. They don't stay sealed long, let them breathe, spin them, enjoy them.

I took the plastic wrapping off so the Benaroya Hall LP case could be signed by the band...worth the trade-off.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • 100 Pacer wrote:
    DocHinchy wrote:

I took the plastic wrapping off so the Benaroya Hall LP case could be signed by the band...worth the trade-off.
    Abso f@##%kin lutely
  • Bump
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,971
    I never understand why people get so upset when people keep their vinyl sealed. It's their vinyl - they can do what they want with it. I'm sure the majority of the people that come to Lost Dogs are collectors that keep other things sealed/unused. What's the difference? Not everyone owns a record player.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • LukinFan wrote:
    I never understand why people get so upset when people keep their vinyl sealed. It's their vinyl - they can do what they want with it. I'm sure the majority of the people that come to Lost Dogs are collectors that keep other things sealed/unused. What's the difference? Not everyone owns a record player.

Completely agree Roger!!!! There are all kinds of collectors. I wouldn't pay top dollar for a sealed album just to open it and greatly diminish it's value. Each to his own - why judge???
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • LukinFan wrote:
    Keeping them sealed may warp the vinyl, then you may want to sell it as mint, and it isn't?
  • love-boat-captainlove-boat-captain Essex. UK Posts: 476
    I open my vinyl and play it too on my record player, but the 'leaving vinyl sealed warps it' is a total fabricated myth. You should open it and play it and look at it. But if you keep it sealed it will be fine. The problem use to be when shrink wrap was around then LP cover too tight and could bend the vinyl because it was so tight. you don't have that problem with box sets.

that's my view anyway
    London 29-10-96, London 29/30-5-00, London 20-4-06, Reading 27-8-06, London 18-6-07, London 11-8-09, London 18-8-09, London 25-6-10, Berlin 30-6-10 / PJ20 3/4-9-11, Manchester 20-6-12, Amsterdam 26/27-6-12, EV-London 30/31-7-12, EV-Orlando 27-11-12
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    I open my vinyl and play it too on my record player, but the 'leaving vinyl sealed warps it' is a total fabricated myth. You should open it and play it and look at it. But if you keep it sealed it will be fine. The problem use to be when shrink wrap was around then LP cover too tight and could bend the vinyl because it was so tight. you don't have that problem with box sets.

that's my view anyway
    I agree with you....but I did buy a sealed Yield about a year ago....my copy was old..so I wanted a new one to play....opened it up and it was warped as hell...still plays...but I was VERY pissed off... :evil:

I think thats why a lot of vinyl are now packaged in the loose fitting plastic..less warping
  • MedozK wrote:

that's my view anyway
    I agree with you....but I did buy a sealed Yield about a year ago....my copy was old..so I wanted a new one to play....opened it up and it was warped as hell...still plays...but I was VERY pissed off... :evil:

I think thats why a lot of vinyl are now packaged in the loose fitting plastic..less warping
    Loose fitting probably does help for sure
  • MedozK wrote:

that's my view anyway

Exactly the same thing happened with my Riot Act - the first disc is really warped. Plays ok, but can't shut the lid on my turntable otherwise the disc scrapes along one edge where the warping is
  • bump.
  • Yes, yes and yes! I am recently one of the fortunate few to own this beauty. Received early in the week and I am making myself wait until the weekend to drop the needle. Wasn't sealed, but never played and as sticky as the inner sleeves were...proof positive. I have and always will be a collector, and I have learned that as such I don't purchase with the intent to ever sell; just enjoy. Collectors keep, brokers and investors buy and sell. I admit I have paid top dollar to purchase sealed PJ vinyl, but only for that kid on Christmas feeling of tearing into it the first time. I paid top dollar for my Benaroya set, but I figure if I stick five bucks in a jar every time I spin those platters, I'll have my money back long before I'm sick of listening!

Incidently, I picked up #360/2000...can't help but be pleased with the number...360 degrees in each of those deep red circles and I'm gonna spin every one!! Cheers
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    brain of k wrote:
    Yes, yes and yes! I am recently one of the fortunate few to own this beauty. Received early in the week and I am making myself wait until the weekend to drop the needle. Wasn't sealed, but never played and as sticky as the inner sleeves were...proof positive. I have and always will be a collector, and I have learned that as such I don't purchase with the intent to ever sell; just enjoy. Collectors keep, brokers and investors buy and sell. I admit I have paid top dollar to purchase sealed PJ vinyl, but only for that kid on Christmas feeling of tearing into it the first time. I paid top dollar for my Benaroya set, but I figure if I stick five bucks in a jar every time I spin those platters, I'll have my money back long before I'm sick of listening!

Incidently, I picked up #360/2000...can't help but be pleased with the number...360 degrees in each of those deep red circles and I'm gonna spin every one!! Cheers

Congrats! Added your name to the Benaroya Hall LPs owner list:

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=179409
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Sale pending.
  • Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    Congrats to the buyer!
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg