Options

Please help: ISO EV Evel Knievel pick for a friend

samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
edited September 2012 in Lost Dogs
Posted this on The Porch also, thought maybe here could be helpful, too. Just a short preface that I so am not a person to go out and make a thread like this, and was even debating doing so, but I just felt so terrible when I saw this happen, so I'm gonna throw it out there. Also apologies for the length.

One reason why I love being a PJ fan is the community. The way people look out for one another not only at shows but on here- it makes me proud and happy to be a PJ fan. At MIA Sunday, I was all the way up front, around 2nd 'row', and became friends with a lovely woman from LA via Brazil who went to the show alone. Couldn't have been a nicer woman and talking PJ with her made the hours waiting go faster. As PJ approached we became more and more excited, and once they took the stage it was amazing to share the moment with someone just as passionate about PJ and their music as me. We jumped and screamed our lungs out, she was even crying of joy the entire night. PJ live is powerful stuff, as we all know! Well, fast forward to the end of the show. The nice woman next to me spots an EV pick right next to the foot of the friend (and roommate) who accompanied me's foot. As she's reaching for it, a tall man sees it as well, and completely and rudely pushes a couple people out of the way to go for the pick as well. Realizing what's going on, my roommate goes to put her foot on the pick so the woman next to me can have it, but the tall man shoved her hard enough that she lost her balance. Then, he grabbed the pick. Everyone around us was saying 'Come on, man, give it to the girl, it was hers!' At this point, my new PJ friend is in tears. The tall man could not have been more rude, saying it was totally his and too bad, he got it. It was so blatantly rude, and it all kinda left me in a shock. It all happened so fast, and I felt absolutely terrible.

SO: ISO an EV Evel Knievel pick, which would be more than appreciated for my new friend (it's also her birthday tomorrow!). I more than wish I had something to trade for it, as I gladly would, but I am not a PJ collector and do not have anything really more than studio albums and a poster from a show that I attended. So I'm hoping the kindness of others will come through here.

Now I know 'such is life', and I definitely know that hey- there are assholes out there, and I know something like this has more than likely happened before. And if this post and this request are out of line, I genuinely don't mean it to be as such. But what I saw just completely rubbed me the wrong way, and it was absolutely heartbreaking to see. Just wanted to pay it forward to someone who enhanced my PJ experience and was so kind to me!
"Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
~not a dude~
2010: MSGx2
2012: Made In America
2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
2015: Global Citizen Festival
2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Hey "samjam", I just bid on the pic. If I win it I will give it to you to give to the lady you met. I don't really collect pics so I dont care about it as much as a fan who was at the show (wish I was there). I do collect vinyl and posters so if you feel like paying me back of whatever (not that I want you to, just saying) that would be something I would like. I just want to help right the wrong so to speak. I believe in paying things forward as well and its always good karma. Anyway, hope I win it so I can help. I am a firm believer that we are all in the same "family" when it comes to PJ and if I have the means, I will always do what it takes to help my family members. What kind of piece of shit shoves a woman anyway? :x I blame their parents :) PM if you are interested in keeping in touch. Good luck to you and yours.....and me i guess :lol:

Benny
  • Options
    I was there, and didnt see all of it, I saw them on the floor. What a major douche bag.

LET'S GET HER THIS PICK! It would mean the world to her. You're a great person, Sam.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    I won the pic :thumbup: :wave: :clap: When I get it I will send it to you.
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,488
    Bennyorr4 wrote:

Thats awesome and very generous of you :clap:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    BLACK35 wrote:
    Bennyorr4 wrote:

Thats awesome and very generous of you :clap:
    Indeed, Benny, you are the man!!! Can't even begin to thank you enough.

You got some good karma headed your way! :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Ok, my girl just told me that the pick has arrived! However; I work out of town and wont be able to send it til Tues. Oct 2, 2012. That is all I have as far as an update.