Options

75% off custom framing?

Not_4_YouNot_4_You Posts: 140
edited September 2012 in Lost Dogs
I just got my Sunday paper and in the Michaels flyer is a 50% off custom framing coupon. Then there is an another coupon for an additional 25% off custom framing. I am a bit high right now but I am pretty sure that adds up to 75% off custom framing.
Just wanted to let everyone know. I figure if you have that special poster that you just haven't been able to afford to get framed.........this might be the week.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    "I am a bit high right now but I am pretty sure that adds up to 75% off custom framing."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    :mrgreen:
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    Not_4_You wrote:
    I just got my Sunday paper and in the Michaels flyer is a 50% off custom framing coupon. Then there is an another coupon for an additional 25% off custom framing. I am a bit high right now but I am pretty sure that adds up to 75% off custom framing.
    Just wanted to let everyone know. I figure if you have that special poster that you just haven't been able to afford to get framed.........this might be the week.

That's not what it usually means though... They will take 50% off then 25% off the new price... It works out differently then 75% off...
  • Options
    mookieb10 wrote:
    Not_4_You wrote:

That's not what it usually means though... They will take 50% off then 25% off the new price... It works out differently then 75% off...

Works out to 62.5% off, but they write 'coupon cannot be combined with other offers' in the fine print. so it will work out to 50% off
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    "I am a bit high right now but I am pretty sure that adds up to 75% off custom framing."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hahahahaha that's the post of the day right there. I love it.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    yeah,
    It says "This week only, get an extra 25% off sale price" and now that I have come down a little the original 50% off isn't a coupon.
    So it is 50% off and then another 25% off that price.
  • Options
    The first and only time I took stuff to Michael's for framing, I had a 50% off coupon, and it was STILL almost double what the independent guy down the street charges for full price.
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    The first and only time I took stuff to Michael's for framing, I had a 50% off coupon, and it was STILL almost double what the independent guy down the street charges for full price.

Same here. I know in AZ it comes out to about the same price as if u took it to some one who frames for a living.

With some posters its worth it to pay a little extra.

Im also not fond of the quality of thier glass & frames
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    Another issue with michael's, is that the price is always the same whether you have this deal or not. It's almost like they increase prices for the sale to look like you are getting a great deal
  • Options
    UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,382
    edited September 2012
    dwhite76 wrote:

Same here. I know in AZ it comes out to about the same price as if u took it to some one who frames for a living.

With some posters its worth it to pay a little extra.

Im also not fond of the quality of thier glass & frames

Anyword on a new CJMST3K framing sale coming up? He's your best option!!
    Post edited by Umbertotamba on
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    For those of you A) considering taking them up on their generous "discount" or B) finding it too incredible to believe, you may find this very interesting:

http://www.ag.ny.gov/press-release/ag-s ... -consumers

It is much cheaper for M's to mislead consumers and pay fines, rather than do business more honorably. ...aside from quality issues, which a number of board members have told me about, as well as I've taken apart and seen personally what they've done to art they're framing, as well as knowing someone who worked at one too.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    wow,
    sorry I brought it up.
  • Options
    Screw Michaels. Their "cost" charges are significantly higher than local framing shops. I had a Vedder print framed at Michaels last Christmas during one of their sales. It took almost 2 months to get my print back I was overcharged even after the "discounts".

Do yourself a favor....support your local framing shop!