Options

Matchbox Twenty - North

illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
edited February 2013 in Other Music
I am not the only f*cking person on this forum who bought this album.

Someone else fess up.

It's not bad. It's not good. But it's not bad.

Insert tumbleweed.
wah
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I like them but I have not bought any artists' stuff anymore
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    nostackedvinylnostackedvinyl Maine Posts: 857
    i like matchbox 20 a lot. seen them twice actually. i didn't realize they had a new album out though.
    it's a fragile thing, this life we lead.

05/24/06, 06/28/08, 06/30/08, 05/17/10, 09/07/11, 09/11/11, 09/12/11, 09/14/11, 09/15/11, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 05/05/16, 05/08/16, 08/07/16, 09/02/18

ev: 06/15/11
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    Yeah, I really like them a lot too, but I didn't realize they had a new album either. Saw them live once & they were awesome.
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Pop at its best
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    i see, they snuck under the radar with this? it has debuted here in Australia at number 1, not bad.

i will see the live show. it will be good.

much rather prefer their stage act than studio output.
    wah
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,938
    I prefer Hot Wheels 21 :corn:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    i see, they snuck under the radar with this? it has debuted here in Australia at number 1, not bad.

I've been too obsessed with listening to your Aussie guy Wally de Backer (Gotye, The Basics) to listen to the radio, so maybe it's all over the radio & I just missed it.
  • Options
    i like matchbox 20 a lot. seen them twice actually. i didn't realize they had a new album out though.

I've actually seen them live twice as well... and don't even like them. I didn't actually set out to see them, the first time they were part of the lineup at a music festival, the second time they were one of 3 opening bands (the others being DMB and Smashing Pumpkins) for the Rolling Stones. I don't really have anything against them (I did in high school though when you couldn't escape those "Yourself Or Someone Like You" tracks) they just aren't up my alley.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    _ wrote:

I've been too obsessed with listening to your Aussie guy Wally de Backer (Gotye, The Basics) to listen to the radio, so maybe it's all over the radio & I just missed it.

Wally is doing quite well yes,we have some interesting mutual friends.. :lol:

radio? on my 5 minute drive to work i listen to talk back radio :oops:
    wah
  • Options
    Not really sure about the new record, I love Parade, and there were a couple of others that stood out, I'll probably go back and give it a proper listen at some point.

I saw them live back when their first record came out, it was at a very muddy Glastonbury Festival, and they were INCREDIBLE. Seriously, I wasn't expecting too much, but Rob Thomas' voice was really impressive - I remember thinking at the time that the only other singer I had seen/heard sing with that kind of intensity was Eddie Vedder - he was that good. Now I'm not saying MB20 hold a candle to Pearl Jam, but they are good at what they do.
  • Options
    Wally is doing quite well yes,we have some interesting mutual friends.. :lol:

That sounds like an interesting story. :)
    Not really sure about the new record, I love Parade, and there were a couple of others that stood out, I'll probably go back and give it a proper listen at some point.

I saw them live back when their first record came out, it was at a very muddy Glastonbury Festival, and they were INCREDIBLE. Seriously, I wasn't expecting too much, but Rob Thomas' voice was really impressive - I remember thinking at the time that the only other singer I had seen/heard sing with that kind of intensity was Eddie Vedder - he was that good. Now I'm not saying MB20 hold a candle to Pearl Jam, but they are good at what they do.

Yes, I've had similar thoughts about Rob Thomas. I'm really impressed by his intensity & by the rhythm of his lyrics. (I can't remember what that's called.) I think what he dies with his voice is often very clever.

Damn! Now I want to see Matchbox 20 again!
  • Options
    _ wrote:

Me too - the annoying thing is that they are playing a small show in London next week, but I only found out about it after it had sold out :evil: They are however playing the itunes festival (a month of free gigs by loads of big bands in a small London venue) and I've entered the draw for tickets, so I have hope!
  • Options
    _ wrote:

Me too - the annoying thing is that they are playing a small show in London next week, but I only found out about it after it had sold out :evil: They are however playing the itunes festival (a month of free gigs by loads of big bands in a small London venue) and I've entered the draw for tickets, so I have hope!

Good luck!! I just looked & saw that they're not scheduled to play the U.S. any time soon. :( Looks like they're mostly playing Australia. (More & more, I'm starting to think I need to go to Australia!)
  • Options

I was at glastonbury that year it was 1998, i also was very impressed with them and have seen them live a few times since. As for the new album its ok their worst but still worth a listen
  • Options
    _ wrote:
    Good luck!! I just looked & saw that they're not scheduled to play the U.S. any time soon. :( Looks like they're mostly playing Australia. (More & more, I'm starting to think I need to go to Australia!)

Cheers! Yeah they seem to love it over there!
  • Options
    prodacake wrote:
    I was at glastonbury that year it was 1998, i also was very impressed with them and have seen them live a few times since. As for the new album its ok their worst but still worth a listen

Yeah that was it, same year as Foo Fighters I believe.

I just listened to the song The Way from the new record, the lead guitarist sings on it, I'm quite impressed - he could eaily front a band himself.
  • Options
    prodacake wrote:

Yeah that was it, same year as Foo Fighters I believe.

I just listened to the song The Way from the new record, the lead guitarist sings on it, I'm quite impressed - he could eaily front a band himself.

Thats one of the best songs on the album, some are just a bit to much like maroon 5 for me.
  • Options
    prodacake wrote:
    some are just a bit to much like maroon 5 for me.

My thoughts entirely!
  • Options

_ wrote:
    Yes, I've had similar thoughts about Rob Thomas. I'm really impressed by his intensity & by the rhythm of his lyrics. (I can't remember what that's called.) I think what he dies with his voice is often very clever.

agree with both of you there.

i really really like the song parade, a handful of others, but the rest is poppy radio fillers.

someone mentioned they loved kyle's voice? his side project didn't take off, but i have and love their ep.

http://www.myspace.com/thenewleft
    wah
  • Options
    JibitiJibiti Posts: 264
    Went to the Milwaukee show tonight and they played PJ's "Ghost" during the house music!!!
    6.30.06 - Marcus Ampitheatre (Summerfest),
    9.03-04.11 PJ20!!!
    7.19.13 - Wrigley!!!
    10.19.14, 10.20.14 (Yield!!)