Options

My Holy Grail Story

Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
edited August 2012 in Lost Dogs
With all this holy grail stuff going on, i've been finding myself donating towards all kinds of great people and their quests for their personal grails. In the meantime some super PJ friend of mine has been secretly trying to obtain my holy grail, the Dusseldorf poster. I'm well aware that he is well known on this forum but I met him in New York and we've been friends ever since. He has single handedly helped me through some funny shit during the MSG I and II concerts. He is truly a great guy!

I know him as Tim (my brotha), on here he is infamous. Release1980 is the man. So, i've had a number of friends helping me find a dusseldorf to buy, no luck. Little did I know that Timmy had already secured one for me. Now fast forward until yesterday.....I get home from work and on my porch is a poster tube!!! I open it up and find an immaculate pristine print of Dusseldorf!!!! I don't even know how to thank him....but i'm in the process of doing my best.

Now, to all of you guys who do this Holy Grail thing.....Keep up the good work. But, to Timmy, who did my Grail all by himiself, there are no words to describe my thanks...except I love you like a brother!!

We all know Timmy is a great guy, but I've experienced his kindness in many ways. I will never forget the great time we had together at the MSG shows, and now I will never forget the gift he has given me!

So a BIG cheers to my main man, and my brother.....Timmy!

Love ya!!

Dirty Tom
http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    Dirty Tom wrote:
    With all this holy grail stuff going on, i've been finding myself donating towards all kinds of great people and their quests for their personal grails. In the meantime some super PJ friend of mine has been secretly trying to obtain my holy grail, the Dusseldorf poster. I'm well aware that he is well known on this forum but I met him in New York and we've been friends ever since. He has single handedly helped me through some funny shit during the MSG I and II concerts. He is truly a great guy!

I know him as Tim (my brotha), on here he is infamous. Release1980 is the man. So, i've had a number of friends helping me find a dusseldorf to buy, no luck. Little did I know that Timmy had already secured one for me. Now fast forward until yesterday.....I get home from work and on my porch is a poster tube!!! I open it up and find an immaculate pristine print of Dusseldorf!!!! I don't even know how to thank him....but i'm in the process of doing my best.

Now, to all of you guys who do this Holy Grail thing.....Keep up the good work. But, to Timmy, who did my Grail all by himiself, there are no words to describe my thanks...except I love you like a brother!!

We all know Timmy is a great guy, but I've experienced his kindness in many ways. I will never forget the great time we had together at the MSG shows, and now I will never forget the gift he has given me!

So a BIG cheers to my main man, and my brother.....Timmy!

Love ya!!

Dirty Tom

:clap::clap: Timmy is the man!
  • Options
    Released1980Released1980 Posts: 1,790
    Well aw shucks Tom..Since our love affair is no longer private, I guess we should just finally tell our significant others and go tour the globe together ;)

You da mfkn man brother! Anybody here that's been to an east coast pre oarty, should Damn well know that they wouldn't be the awesome time that they are without you at one of the tables ;) (same goes for a ton of others, elwayvedder comes to mind ;) ) I'm just do sorry it took me so Damn long to get this to you :( , let's just say shipping clusterfuck..
    Can't wait to see ya again my man..

"I got memories, I got shit" so much id rather just give it away..It makes me "smile"
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Gettin' Grails.... "Like A Boss!!"
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    barger395barger395 Posts: 855
    Nice work Timmy!! :nono: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup:

Cheers,
    Barger
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Timmmaah!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMbVwOxUOMIF5ER2GH_lZz4LSWGOX0iaW7HsVJN_0rD63izPZCDw

Congratulations Dirty Tom!
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Nice work Released1980!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Well aw shucks Tom..Since our love affair is no longer private, I guess we should just finally tell our significant others and go tour the globe together ;)

You da mfkn man brother! Anybody here that's been to an east coast pre oarty, should Damn well know that they wouldn't be the awesome time that they are without you at one of the tables ;) (same goes for a ton of others, elwayvedder comes to mind ;) ) I'm just do sorry it took me so Damn long to get this to you :( , let's just say shipping clusterfuck..
    Can't wait to see ya again my man..

"I got memories, I got shit" so much id rather just give it away..It makes me "smile"

I will never forget this Timmy!!!

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Nice work, Timmy!!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,894
    Cool story! Dusseldorf is a beauty. A few years ago I got rid of my posters but recently traded for this one and I still have my Hartford 2008. The only two posters I have now.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    Timmy rocks! Great story!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,488
    Suziemay wrote:
    Timmmaah!

:lol::lol: , but really great job Timmy
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Good on ya, Timmy!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Timmmaah!

Su May, this guy sits proudly on my desk and makes me smile everyday! ;)

Su Mayyyyhhhhhhh :)
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Very Nice!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    awesome story!!!!wow!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    Timmy is a good dude. I cannot count the number of people that he has helped out on the boards.
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    Timmy is the most generous guy ever ;)
  • Options
    :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: This is so embarrassing, lol.

Honestly, there are a whole lot more people on this board that do and have done for others much more than me. Years back when I joined this forum I did mainly to just stay in the loop with whats going on in the PJ world.ie, tours, rumors, merch ;) . Once I did I was hooked to these forums, I would randomly post on the Porch, sometimes chirp on stupid comments and also make some myself. But then I got "lost" and ventured into the Lost Dogs forum. Its changed my life incredibly to say the least. I have made SO many friendships and contacts through trades, purchases, sales but they all seem to come down to one thing..Likeminded people and good conversation. Dirty Tom and I are friends for a million reasons outside of this forum first and can honestly say he is someone that I will be in contact with till the day I die, but to give you all another example, and there are more than 1 but it would be White Discussion. Robley and I have spoken damn near everyday without fail for over a year now, I can say with certainty that if I needed anything he would be there, and the same goes me for him. But here's the kicker..WE HAVE NEVER MET. Like Tom and many others on here and within the pj community we treat one another as FAMILY. And in my opinion thats all a result of what Pearl Jam has given us ALL over these 20 something years, have love, give love, get love. And dont be an asshole ;)

Countless people in this club have given much more than me and are never rewarded with an appreciation thread, shit.. some of the most generous members of this club dont even post in these forums. I just really enjoy making other people happy. It's something I think of daily, along with my addiction to music on vinyl and merchandise :mrgreen:

Thank you everyone for the kind words, they really mean alot and make me feel great. Hence the reason I will continue to give shit away, contribute to grails and continue to reap the rewards of it which comes in the form of amazing rock concerts, kick ass preparties, and new friendships for a lifetime. Plan on starting some new ones this weekend in Philly as a matter of fact mofo's!! But I aint wearing no damn name tag so just look for the guy blowing all his money on raffles!

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Well said, Timmy. :)

Robley's all right, I guess. ;)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Robley and I have spoken damn near everyday without fail for over a year now
    Uh, do your wives know? :wtf: :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Robley and I have spoken damn near everyday without fail for over a year now
    Uh, do your wives know? :wtf: :lol::lol::lol:

I make an attempt to talk to my wife at least once a day as well Su May ;) Besides, she's got 500 friends on Facebook that she don't fkn know either :lol::lol:

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    Very well said Tim! Almost brought a tear to my eye ;)

Right now i'm scrambling to go to philly this weekend to see my boys!!

Honestly, PJ is now a second hand perk i get to see after I go to these cities to visit my friends!