Download

boothmanboothman Posts: 87
edited September 2012 in The Porch
A friend of mine who knows somebody that works for Livenation has just told me Pearl Jam will play next year along with Iron Maiden & Rammstien
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    :wtf:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    where??????????????????????/
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    The topic of this thread suggest the Download Festival?
  • nigelnigel Posts: 267
    I assume this means Download Festival - so UK if true....

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/line-up/

Would be amazing if it happens! :D
  • milanmilan Posts: 447
    Would be AWFUL if it happens.
    Hyde Park x 10.
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Certainly not an ideal location for PJ but Iron Maiden and Rammstein as the other headliners would seal the deal for us for sure!! I can see Maiden being true as they are on the Maiden England tour in the US just now and widely tipped for festivals and winter arena gigs next year... :? Never been to Download before but there's a first time for everything! ;)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    If true, the festivals continue.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    milan wrote:
    Hyde Park x 10.

Remind me again how PJ playing ANY show would be "awful" :?

That aside a show in the UK (speaking personally) would be great and I think in particular they would be great at Download (or even better Glastonbury, but that's another topic).

Also gigs at Hyde Park are becoming a bit of joke what with strictly enforced curfews and volume constraints.
  • milanmilan Posts: 447
    nigel wrote:
    milan wrote:
    Hyde Park x 10.

That aside a show in the UK (speaking personally) would be great and I think in particular they would be great at Download (or even better Glastonbury, but that's another topic).

Also gigs at Hyde Park are becoming a bit of joke what with strictly enforced curfews and volume constraints.

Hyde Park was the one show that I have attended that really doesn't count. I was down the front from the gates opening and was the last of the early arrivers to say "fuck this I'm off" - over 30 of the people at least there early went over the barrier or just retreated because of the drunken mob that rushed to the front and ruined it. Expect the same mob at Download. I have travelled the world to see this band but would never ever go to Download to see them.
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
    milan wrote:
    nigel wrote:
    milan wrote:
    Hyde Park x 10.

Hyde Park was the one show that I have attended that really doesn't count. I was down the front from the gates opening and was the last of the early arrivers to say "fuck this I'm off" - over 30 of the people at least there early went over the barrier or just retreated because of the drunken mob that rushed to the front and ruined it. Expect the same mob at Download. I have travelled the world to see this band but would never ever go to Download to see them.

Sorry to hear about your experience at Hyde Park. I heard that a lot of the "PJ family" down the front that day had a bad time with some drunken idiots. Your post makes sense now!

It's not a given that this would be repeated at Download though. I went to Sonisphere last year (a very "Metal" crowd) and had a brilliant time. Everyone I saw over that weekend was there to watch great music and have a good time.

Indoor headline shows still win hands down for me (O2 in London again please!) - but a couple of festival slots would also be fine.
  • UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    Well Iron Maiden have been officially announced as the first headliner tonight, so there would appear to be some legs on this rumour! Second announcement is coming tomorrow night, not sure if it'll be another headliner but it'd make sense. I hope that poster with the line up is fake as the supporting bands are awful. Going on previous years i think it likely is fake as there's always fake posters doing the rounds.

http://forums.downloadfestival.co.uk/m5447062-p11.aspx
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    It'll happen. Just like this rumor that has been spreading many weeks ago.

http://i.imgur.com/LCMTG.jpg .

Where ever there's a festival shindig happening, especially in Europe, Pearl Jam will be there!!!
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    I really hope they don't play Download, they really wouldn't fit in with the kind of bands that are usually there. I know they played after Slayer and Bullet For My Valentine at Reading in 06 but a metal festival would be weird for them.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 990
    I was at Hyde Park & i agree totally that some of the crowd there carried like right idiots from charging to front with no care for anyone else to throwing full bottles(luckily plastic) of beer or whatever they put in it. Meanwhile Ed is asking us all to look after each other & take two steps back. It only takes a few people to go down & set off a chain reaction & we all know how that can end up!! Over outdoor shows & just want to see their own shows indoors from now on.
    milan wrote:
    nigel wrote:
    milan wrote:
    Hyde Park x 10.

Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
    demetrios wrote:

Where ever there's a festival shindig happening, especially in Europe, Pearl Jam will be there!!!

Indeed it has, hence my post in this thread. I've not seen them mentioned for Sonisphere festival though as per the link you posted. That defo seems a fake though as Download and Sonisphere are two different festivals and Iron Maiden have been confirmed for Download and since the festivals are around the same time I can't see them playing both.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
    maiden and pearl jam..at the same festival..im going camping from tomorrow till the day comes..

whooohooo...

sign me breast brucie!!!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Rammstein have been officially confirmed as the 2nd headliner, so that's 2 out of the 3 rumoured headliners confirmed! It's looking pretty good for PJ to be the 3rd!! I guess it's possible as the new album should be out by then?!
    My PJ shows:
    Rammstein have been officially confirmed as the 2nd headliner, so that's 2 out of the 3 rumoured headliners confirmed! It's looking pretty good for PJ to be the 3rd!! I guess it's possible as the new album should be out by then?!
    awesome.................lets hope!
  • would rather PJ didn't play download but if they do then at least it would mean other euro dates
    would rather PJ didn't play download but if they do then at least it would mean other euro dates
    i prefer something than nothing! :)
  • would rather PJ didn't play download but if they do then at least it would mean other euro dates

agree but judging by recent years weekend festivals will also have midweek PJ shows they wont come just for download :)
    would rather PJ didn't play download but if they do then at least it would mean other euro dates

agree but judging by recent years weekend festivals will also have midweek PJ shows they wont come just for download :)
    true! :)
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    sod download lets talk about glastonbury ...........guy ducks out of room fast :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • hostishostis Posts: 441
    I'm sure it wont happen but I would love it if it did.... donington racing and download can be heard from my garden :)
    guypjfreak wrote:
    sod download lets talk about glastonbury ...........guy ducks out of room fast :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm not that enamoured by Download either, especially given the line ups being banded around! I'd probably only go if there were some other good bands supporting them, otherwise I'd sooner fly to Europe to see them play their own show.

As for Glastonbury I can't see them playing their anytime soon as they're not commercial enough and big enough in the UK to headline and I can't see them playing unless they're headlining. Maybe one day with a few more high profile festival slots like download, perhaps a stadium show or something.
    My PJ shows:
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    demetrios wrote:

Indeed it has, hence my post in this thread. I've not seen them mentioned for Sonisphere festival though as per the link you posted. That defo seems a fake though as Download and Sonisphere are two different festivals and Iron Maiden have been confirmed for Download and since the festivals are around the same time I can't see them playing both.

I could. It's in their nature now to play & book these festival show's.
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    guypjfreak wrote:

I'm not that enamoured by Download either, especially given the line ups being banded around! I'd probably only go if there were some other good bands supporting them, otherwise I'd sooner fly to Europe to see them play their own show.

As for Glastonbury I can't see them playing their anytime soon as they're not commercial enough and big enough in the UK to headline and I can't see them playing unless they're headlining. Maybe one day with a few more high profile festival slots like download, perhaps a stadium show or something.
    how can you say there not big enough in the uk dont get it old son :fp: i STILL think that if it wasnt for the Olympics and Jubilee which made glastonbury have a fallow year pj would have played glasto and the IOW but hey ho we may just have to wait a while like you say :D
  • veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260

If Download is indeed true it fits in well with some of the main festivals around that time. Usually a PJ tour is now about 13 dates or so. It's easy to speculate where they could play but they wouldn't surely just come over for Download when other festivals are paying big bucks! Here's my shot in the dark guess at how a Euro 13 tour would look.... 8-) The TBC shows could be Verona, Milan, Dublin, Glasgow, Madrid, Lisbon, Budapest Athens!! :D See you all on tour!!! :mrgreen:

04-06-13 TBC (Verona)
    05-06-13 TBC (Milan)
    07-09-13 Rock Im Park
    09-06-13 Rock Am Ring
    11-06-13 TBC (Dublin)
    12-06-13 TBC (Glasgow)
    14-06-13 Download
    16-06-13 Pinkpop
    18-06-13 TBC (Madrid)
    19-06-13 TBC (Lisbon)
    22-06-13 Hurricane Festival
    24-06-13 TBC (Budapest)
    25-06-13 TBC (Athens)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • veddertown wrote:

If Download is indeed true it fits in well with some of the main festivals around that time. Usually a PJ tour is now about 13 dates or so. It's easy to speculate where they could play but they wouldn't surely just come over for Download when other festivals are paying big bucks! Here's my shot in the dark guess at how a Euro 13 tour would look.... 8-) The TBC shows could be Verona, Milan, Dublin, Glasgow, Madrid, Lisbon, Budapest Athens!! :D See you all on tour!!! :mrgreen:

04-06-13 TBC (Verona)
    05-06-13 TBC (Milan)
    07-09-13 Rock Im Park
    09-06-13 Rock Am Ring
    11-06-13 TBC (Dublin)
    12-06-13 TBC (Glasgow)
    14-06-13 Download
    16-06-13 Pinkpop
    18-06-13 TBC (Madrid)
    19-06-13 TBC (Lisbon)
    22-06-13 Hurricane Festival
    24-06-13 TBC (Budapest)
    25-06-13 TBC (Athens)
    must admit gary, i love your idea of Glasgow on the 12th, we can hope.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • dufferduffer Posts: 135
    Can you buy day tickets for Download ? Maiden have been a joke band for years and I dont get Rammstein at all,can someone explain how you can listen to lyrics you dont understand ?musically they sound ok but I like LYRICS ! :fp: not sure if you can get day tickets,be nice to go back there though not been since 91ish. As for Glastonbury..... Id be ashamed if PJ did that .....its a festival for people who like to say they have done a festival !just the one ! How about T in the park ?? (just to placate the guy in another post asking for Scotish dates )
    Sat drinking wine