Options

Penn State Insurer trying to bail out

Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
edited July 2012 in A Moving Train
http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/25/us/pennsy ... ?hpt=us_c2

in BMX racing all UCI coaches have to have...what we call pervert insurance,it's pretty cheap about $150 a year per coach and each coach has to pay for it, but ain't just like a insurance company to try and dodge out on their responsibalitys....scum bags.,

Godfather.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    bmx racing?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    chadwick wrote:
    bmx racing?
    totally radical!
  • Options
    antares434antares434 Posts: 110
    The insurer is in the right here. It's an act of fraud to fail to disclose a potential claim. Penn State knew what was going on for years and had a duty to disclose the potential claim to the insurer. This is basic insurance law, not a "scumbag insurer."
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:
    bmx racing?
    bicycle moto cross, my some races.
    check this out, a little info on BMX
    http://www.bmxmania.com/

Godfather.
  • Options
    antares434 wrote:
    The insurer is in the right here. It's an act of fraud to fail to disclose a potential claim. Penn State knew what was going on for years and had a duty to disclose the potential claim to the insurer. This is basic insurance law, not a "scumbag insurer."

o.k, can't argue that man, thanks.

Godfather.
  • Options
    Looks like PSU was trying to pass the buck to the insurer. The best they should get from the insurer is a refund of premiums paid and then charge the board with insurance fraud.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • Options
    Looks like PSU was trying to pass the buck to the insurer. The best they should get from the insurer is a refund of premiums paid and then charge the board with insurance fraud.

how many people at the school knew about the crimes ?

Godfather.
  • Options
    London BridgeLondon Bridge USA Posts: 4,733

I would think all the scenerios/reasons of filing a claim with the insurer would be covered in the policy. If not, I don't see the courts siding with PSU on this. I also doubt there would be any refund in premiums. The insurer most likely has paid some minor claims throughout the years of coverage. My thinking is the insurer will not renew the policy.
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    It's ok, they had liar's insurance as well. There is insurance for everything at the end of the day.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    just because obama rides bmx racing motorcycles does not mean anyone else should, even those at penn state. those are to fast and strong for penn state bikers. now stop it before something silly happens!
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,923
    Godfather. wrote:
    antares434 wrote:

o.k, can't argue that man, thanks.

Godfather.
    they should then refund all premiums paid by PSU and its employees.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Godfather. wrote:
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/25/us/pennsylvania-penn-state-insurer/index.html?hpt=us_c2

in BMX racing all UCI coaches have to have...what we call pervert insurance,it's pretty cheap about $150 a year per coach and each coach has to pay for it, but ain't just like a insurance company to try and dodge out on their responsibalitys....scum bags.,

Godfather.
    Who.. huh... WHA?!?!?
    You need... "PERVERT INSURANCE" in BMX Racing? Really?
    How about FIRING Pervert Coaches and IMMEDIATELY reporting them to the POLICE... instead of using all of your clout to cover up the Pervert in your midst for 20 years?
    The Insurance Company isn't 'scum'... The Penn State Top Brass, including Joe 'Burn in HELL' Paterno who allowed the abuse to continue are the 'scum'.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    All sports leagues should have this. In Washington State every adult involved in Little League baseball has to have a background check through the State Patrol and the League HAS to have this insurance policy.
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
  • Options
    All sports leagues should have this. In Washington State every adult involved in Little League baseball has to have a background check through the State Patrol and the League HAS to have this insurance policy.
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
  • Options
    I sort of guess it has become a necessary evil in our society... but, I think it is to prevent the local little league from going bankrupt in case of a lawsuit against it.
    That said... if the league officials knowingly allow a child molestor to contually commit criminal acts in order to protect its reputaion... then, it deserves to go bankrupt and its officials whom knowingly allowed criminal activity to continue need to go to prison.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/25/us/pennsylvania-penn-state-insurer/index.html?hpt=us_c2

Godfather.
    Who.. huh... WHA?!?!?
    How about FIRING Pervert Coaches and IMMEDIATELY reporting them to the POLICE... instead of using all of your clout to cover up the Pervert in your midst for 20 years?
    The Insurance Company isn't 'scum'... The Penn State Top Brass, including Joe 'Burn in HELL' Paterno who allowed the abuse to continue are the 'scum'.

uhhh boy....let me splain mang, I was already informed about the insurance companys and I said quote; no argument from me and as far a pervert insurance I guessing that other spoerts that envolve kids also are required to have it..it the friggin law , my opinion on kiddie perv's....something a baseball bat could fix.

Godfather.
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:
    Godfather. wrote:

Godfather.
    Who.. huh... WHA?!?!?

uhhh boy....let me splain mang, I was already informed about the insurance companys and I said quote; no argument from me and as far a pervert insurance I guessing that other spoerts that envolve kids also are required to have it..it the friggin law , my opinion on kiddie perv's....something a baseball bat could fix.

Godfather.
    I never knew that there was such an insurance requirement.
    Also... read the message just above the one you had just posted... for clarification.
    Thank you.
    Hail, Hail!!!