Any Kate Bush Fans?

curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
edited July 2012 in Other Music
LOVE her! I don't personally know any other fans. Not for everyone; Totally bizarre, and what a voice. One of these days I'm going to get lyrics from Hounds of Love tattooed somewhere 8-)

Hounds of Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VerK4zwMRQw

Running Up That Hill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp43Odt ... re=related

Babooshka
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xckBwPdo1c

Wuthering Heights (I prefer the alternate vocal version better, but can't find it on Youtube)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o18uc4k ... ure=fvwrel
Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Greatest female artist of my lifetime.....the second side of "Hounds of Love" is totally boss
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
    ...That many, huh? :lol:
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    I love Kate Bush!!! :D:D such a talented lady, I love The Man With the Child in his Eyes. Always makes me sad. Babooshka has such a great/sad story to it too. Amazing woman! ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
    Loulou wrote:
    I love Kate Bush!!! :D:D such a talented lady, I love The Man With the Child in his Eyes. Always makes me sad. Babooshka has such a great/sad story to it too. Amazing woman! ;)

:wave: I know! Some of her songs are so sad, but what's weird is for some reason I watched that Tupac documentary "Resurrection," and it talked about how he was a Kate Bush fan and liked to listen to Wuthering Heights while in prison, because it was uplifting. So now, whenever I listen to it, it conjures up weird images of Tupac in prison :lol: :?
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
    Loulou wrote:

:wave: I know! Some of her songs are so sad, but what's weird is for some reason I watched that Tupac documentary "Resurrection," and it talked about how he was a Kate Bush fan and liked to listen to Wuthering Heights while in prison, because it was uplifting. So now, whenever I listen to it, it conjures up weird images of Tupac in prison :lol: :?

i only have 50 words for snow and havent listened to it though, i will give it a listen. yeah I think people generally dont understand how literate and deep tupac was. They look at pictures of him and that lifestyle and assume he was uneducated or something, which just wasnt the case. He loved shakespeare, read poetry avidly and even wrote some of his own, was a voracious reader, and loved all types of music.
    Loulou wrote:

i only have 50 words for snow and havent listened to it though, i will give it a listen. yeah I think people generally dont understand how literate and deep tupac was. They look at pictures of him and that lifestyle and assume he was uneducated or something, which just wasnt the case. He loved shakespeare, read poetry avidly and even wrote some of his own, was a voracious reader, and loved all types of music.

I wasn't making fun of Tupac, just so you know :) That was just an especially obscure thing to learn, and literally EVERYTIME I hear Wuthering Heights, I think of Tupac! :lol:
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    no, but I do like Kate Nash :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    I like some of her work but not all of it.

I think Aerial is good. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    my favorite female musician. she's a genius.