*** Main Square Festival Fanviews Here 6/30/12 ***

KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
edited September 2012 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam
Main Square Festival
Arras, FR.
June 30, 2012

Set List:
01. Release
02. Go
Ed-"Before we play another note we just want to thank Florence and the Machine for bringing the sunshine, both literally and figuratively. She also spoke very beautiful French, which I won't even try. We are just going to play."
03. Severed Hand
04. Do The Evolution
05. Better Man
Ed-"This is just the perfect time of the evening for this song"
06. Low Light
07. Amongst The Waves
08. Even Flow
09. Wishlist
10. Lukin
11. Corduroy
Between songs Ed notices the band on the neighboring stage is so loud that he wonders if they should skip playing a quiet song. They decide to play one anyway.
12. Nothing Man
Ed-"I know you know the great Joe Strummer, mostly from The Clash but he was in another band called the Mescaleros. Joe has been gone for a long time know but we have been thinking of him a lot and listening to his music. This song is from The Mescaleros it is called 'Arms Aloft'"
13. Arms Aloft
14. Unthought Known
15. The Fixer
16. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 1
17. Given To Fly
Ed talks about the history of the band members previous projects and how long they have been together. All of this leads up to talking about the the next song being one of the first things they wrote.
18. Breath
19. Just Breathe
20. Black
21. Jeremy
22. Alive
23. Yellow Ledbetter
As the band are saying goodnight they thank the band playing next door and and then dance to their music

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you!
:)
Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Not For YouNot For You Posts: 360
    Thanks Kat :D
    Walks on his own... With thoughts he can't help thinking...
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Thank you Kat :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Kat wrote:
    As the band are saying goodnight they thank the band playing next door and and then dance to their music

who was playing next door? and Eddie dancing :? :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • antti23antti23 Posts: 138
    Kat wrote:

Video please :lol:
    Stockholm 2012
    Oslo 2012
    Stockholm 2014
    Oslo 2014
  • BREATH

I need to hear this in Berlin
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    can anyone make out the two songs they crossed off of the setlist in the twitpic??
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    can anyone make out the two songs they crossed off of the setlist in the twitpic??
    I think the top one of Johnny Guitar... cant figure out second one. Think its Got Some but it seems longer on the setlist.
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,407
    Looks like a beautiful set to hear outdoors:

Release, early Better Man, Low Light, Amongst The Waves, Wishlist, Nothing Man, Arms Aloft, Unthought Known, Given To Fly, Just Breathe, Black, Yellow Ledbetter
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Pearl Jam should cover a RHCP song, that would be a special treat! And thank you Kat!
    Go listen to John Frusciante right now!
  • magikevmagikev Posts: 296
    Is it just me, or is that a beautiful festival set?
  • Pearl Jam should cover a RHCP song, that would be a special treat! And thank you Kat!

with all due respect.....

DEAR GOD NO :fp:
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    magikev wrote:
    Is it just me, or is that a beautiful festival set?
    no.isnt just u...you are right!beautiful festival set
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • cyrielbuyssecyrielbuysse Posts: 196
    Wow! This was my twelfth show and the fourth one of this tour (after amsterdam 1 & 2 and werchter), and for me personally it might have been the best, although i have to reflect a little more on that since i've only began to realize what i saw in Amsterdam.

After Werchter i was a little disappointed because of the very standard setlist, although it was a really good show. But yesterday in that somewhat medieval setting, those beautiful songs as low light, amongst the waves, nothing man,... We were first row on mikes side, and the sound was incredible. Eddies voice was in the best shape i ever heard live. Of course breath was a real treat and black was hauntingly beautiful. They also said they loved to play there and almost begged for an invite the next time they will be touring europe.

Before breath eddie gave a little speech on the formation of the band and jeff and stone were playing together for almost thirty years. When eddie introduced the band, Boom was missing so when he got to his spot eddie said "aha, there he is, smoking pot on the job?". Really funny.

Anyway, what a show, can't wait for the bootleg and for berlin!
    2006 Arnhem - Antwerp - Paris 2007 Nijmegen - Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen - Arras - Werchter 2012 Amsterdam - Werchter - Arras - Berlin 2014 Amsterdam - Berlin - Werchter 2018 Pinkpop - London - Berlin - Werchter - London
    @BelgianPJfan
  • KarleyKarley Posts: 506
    Really cool that they rocked the Festival this year after all the negative Reviews for the 2010 show in Arras! I also dig the setlist very much! The encore is fairly standard (exception is Breath) but the Mainset seems very well ballanced, even Arms Aloft seems fitting! Hoping they'll revisit Wishlist in either Prague, Berlin or Copenhagen! 8-)
    <object height="305" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt; <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="305" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href=" favorite tracks!</a> by <a href="
  • veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    This sounds like it was a great festival show. Very good setlist that looks like it really fitted in with the surroundings. Betterman so early must have been nice and songs like Nothingman, Black and Low Light are great outdoors. I'd say this looks like the best festival setlist since Bonnaroo. Very happy those in attendance got a night like this... :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • yoyoyoyo France Posts: 310
    VERY THANKS FOR THIS VERY GOOD SHOW ...

very great setlist for a fest ... Low Light, Breath, Nothing Man, ...

Awesome verison of Jeremy ...

just in front of Mike ...

energy, joy shared ... very thanks you

next time, come indoor !!! please !!! can't wait next !!!!
    1996-PARIS
    2000-PARIS
    2006-ANVERS-MARSEILLE-PARIS
    2007-LONDRES-NIJMEGEN-WERCHTER
    2008-ED SOLO-LOS ANGELES1-LOS ANGELES2
    2009-LONDRES
    2010-DUBLIN-ARRAS
    2012-AMSTERDAM1-ARRAS-STOCKHOLM-OSLO-COPENHAGUE
    2014-MILAN
    2017-ED SOLO-AMSTERDAM1
    2018-ROME
    2022-PARIS-AMSTERDAM1(Canceled)-AMSTERDAM2
    2024-BERLIN1-BERLIN2-BARCELONE1-BARCELONE2
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,985
    After the Wrechter review and the 2010 Arras review, I was expecting something more standard (better than nothing).

Actually, it was awesome. I didn't expect such a great setlist for a festival.

Thanks a lot guys. :D
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Nice Setlist!...:)
  • Whipping_BoyWhipping_Boy Plantation, FL Posts: 136
    Hub. wrote:
    After the Wrechter review and the 2010 Arras review, I was expecting something more standard (better than nothing).

Actually, it was awesome. I didn't expect such a great setlist for a festival.

Thanks a lot guys. :D

Same here. All I heard was expect a short set and an apathetic crowd. We got just the opposite. Awesome show. We went to both Amsterdam shows and the energy and quality of this show was right up there with those amazing shows. The weather ended up working out nicely and we were able to work our way close - about 4 rows in front of Stone. The pit was rocking all night. When they played Lukin the pit just about exploded. Great time. Loved the town of Arras as well. Great venue and the sound was awesome. Wish we could keep going but have to return home soon.
  • egiegi Posts: 22
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6vgfh0w0fM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

BLACK

Nice verwoon live drom Arras

Regards

Marcel
  • Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    Kat wrote:

According to the lineup that night, Izia was playing on the second stage, and when PJ was done (where it said they were dancing to the other band) was The Rapture.
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,411
    veddertown wrote:
    This sounds like it was a great festival show. Very good setlist that looks like it really fitted in with the surroundings. Betterman so early must have been nice and songs like Nothingman, Black and Low Light are great outdoors. I'd say this looks like the best festival setlist since Bonnaroo. Very happy those in attendance got a night like this... :D

I agree... this is a great "festival" show set... Feel like sometimes people are a little critical of the Festival setlist... My opinion is the only major Flaw of them is the Length of the show. The band is normally obligated to basically a 2 hr set in most cases, right? The exception being the Bonaroo show...

Ya there are more of the mainstream songs then rarities but I mean jesus they play Arms Aloft haha thats not main stream at all whether your talkin originals or covers. I like the energy of these shows its normally a very hard fast heavy hitting 2 hours... I dont expect Ed to mention the 10 club like at PJ MSG show or anything but they arent bad shows...

Sorry to ramble, just wanted to stick up for the guys
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • KarleyKarley Posts: 506
    Jerome230 wrote:
    Kat wrote:

According to the lineup that night, Izia was playing on the second stage, and when PJ was done (where it said they were dancing to the other band) was The Rapture.

I'd dance to that, too! The Rapture are amazing!!
    <object height="305" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt; <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="305" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href=" favorite tracks!</a> by <a href="
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,985
    It was the Raptures, I can confirm you (I heard, a few minutes later, the Misfits series' song: Echoes). ;)
  • Lefty 27Lefty 27 Posts: 26
    (sorry about my english)

This was my 7th PJ gig and probably one of my best.

We had luck with the weather. Like said in the review, the rain stopped 1 hour before the show (thank to Florence & the Machine? why not, the show was brilliant).

A special quote for Rearviewmirror, Even Flow & Alive. The solos were amazing.

Arms aloft, Breath & Lukin made the crowd crazy! 8-)

A 5 star show!

I also like to stay that the city of Arras is a wonderful place and the people are very kind.

That festival was a very good surprise!
    Zürich - 06/23/00
    Irving Plaza (NYC) - 05/06/06
    Bern - 09/13/06
    Berlin - 08/15/09
    London - 06/25/10
    Berlin - 06/30/10
  • cyrielbuyssecyrielbuysse Posts: 196
    2006 Arnhem - Antwerp - Paris 2007 Nijmegen - Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen - Arras - Werchter 2012 Amsterdam - Werchter - Arras - Berlin 2014 Amsterdam - Berlin - Werchter 2018 Pinkpop - London - Berlin - Werchter - London
    @BelgianPJfan
  • Here's a live report http://www.sensationrock.net/article-li ... 40457.html and a lot of reviews of PJ and Eddie Vedder releases on www.sensationrock.net
  • pumpkinheadpumpkinhead Posts: 570
    Just when you think you've been to the best PJ show..the next show you attend blows you mind....
    Got to the rail at 1pm and the dam rail was fulled up..dam it I said....but waiting patiently...almost got into an old fashion girl hairpulling fight with a local girl that beat me to one open spot on the rail..but she left after watching the local bands...and I got her spot at the rail...just where Eddie was gonna be...so thank you my french friend. lol

The fans in front of Eddie were wild..packed like sardines and still able to dance and do our wild thing...a few times Eddie went to the front of the stage and sang directly to us..it's not my imagination...for real...really...

I've never seen Stone and Jeff laughing and smiling as much as that night..At the end Ed thanked Florence and the Machine...and then the turned his back to the crowd and did a dam cute little ass dance..then Jeff joined in and started to dance...I got it on tape...precious....will upload it after all this madness..

Near the end of the show Ed took a fall or maybe a slip...when I looked up on the screen you could see was unable to get up and then the screened blacked...but then Ed got up and all was good with the world again...Ed said a few words to the crowd and was back to his old jumping self...thank god.

Oh yeah they place Alive...and dam it I missed the biscep shot...someone has to get that shot...PLEASE

At the end Mike handed a bunch of Eddie picks to his security guy and he passed them out to the fans that were going wild..first at the rail....my one and only pick that I will ever receive. Thank you Mike.

Before the show..Mike was so cute...I caught him on the side of the stage...taking a peek at the crowd while Florence and the Machine were performing...I got that on video...it's only a few seconds...but cute...I'll upload that too.

Oh..there was this really really old lady..must have been 80 years old that was first at the rail and only a few people away from me....she lasted thru the down pour and freezing temps....only wearing a Levis bluejean jacket....I was worried about her..she didn't speak English...I got a shot of her...I don't know if she was able to last the whole show...but I didn't see her pulled out...so maybe she did..

http://pearljam.com/photogallery/21427/ ... ras_france

Thank you PJ for getting the best shot of me ever in my shot juvenile life.
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver