Berlin - Holy Shit

wimbeldinowimbeldino Posts: 28
edited October 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
How great is this boot??

Just listened to this amazing version of black...this could be the greatest performance of a band ever!!! the tag goes like: "time heals the wounds time heals the wounds, but my memories, my memories...

Anybody understand what Eddie sings?

Also the second encore is unbelievable. The crowd goes like oooohhhhhhh (like soccer fans during a corner), so does Eddie and then right into: "Oh where oh where can my baby be...beautiful...

I've listened already ten times the black tag!!!!!

Footsteps is one of the best Pearl Jam Songs - That is for sure
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• danedane Posts: 1,062
    I also just got the boot and have had goosebumps all day! It's fucking amazing. Dunno if you were there, but Black was even more mindblowing live. The end where we all sang along (the duh duh duh) was unbelievable.
    The soccercheer actually occured several times, but it didn't really seem like the band understood what it was all about.
    I don't have alot to compare with, but it seems that the Berlin show is among the best they've done. Everything seemed to click. The crowd, the setlist, the arena and the soundquality. It was a dream come true!

Looking forward to hearing Ed speaking danish next year ;)
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
    I also just got the boot and have had goosebumps all day! It's fucking amazing. Dunno if you were there, but Black was even more mindblowing live. The end where we all sang along (the duh duh duh) was unbelievable.
    The soccercheer actually occured several times, but it didn't really seem like the band understood what it was all about.
    I don't have alot to compare with, but it seems that the Berlin show is among the best they've done. Everything seemed to click. The crowd, the setlist, the arena and the soundquality. It was a dream come true!

Looking forward to hearing Ed speaking danish next year ;)
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • GO!!!GO!!! Posts: 74
    In my opinion definetely one of the best versions of black of the 2006 euro tour, the only one I like perhaps a little more is the Pistoia version, which also has a great tag btw. Unfortunately for the Berlin boot is that the crowd doesn't sound half as loud as on that night (I was there), probably because of the open-air venue or because of the mix; but that doesn't matter very much, overall sound of the band and boot is great.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204
    Ed tagged the beginning of the RVM jam in San Diego with "Time heals the wounds no one can see", which is likely a reference to Todd Rundgren's "Time Heals". The 'memories' part is not a part of that song though, so he may just be ad libbing.

Todd Rundgren- Time Heals

If youre bleeding,
    Then everyone can see youre bleeding
    They can call for the doctor,
    Wholl provide what the diagnosis says youre needing
    Then hell take away your pain
    But if your heart,
    Your heart has been broken
    And you dont wear it on your sleeve
    No one can tell,
    Your hell goes unspoken
    But theres one thing you must believe

Time heals the wounds no one can see
    Time heals the wounds that no one can see

If youre crying
    Then everyone can see you crying
    And they all sympathize
    But it just doesnt matter
    Though they may be trying,
    They cant feel the hurt inside
    You cant go on,
    Youve gone to the limit
    And your life seems to slip away
    Youre on your own
    Alone you must face it
    And tomorrows so far away

You got to hold on baby
    Got to give it time to heal
    Time heals the wounds that no one can see
    You must believe what they say is true
    It dos wonders for ya, yeah, yeah
  • GO!!! wrote:
    In my opinion definetely one of the best versions of black of the 2006 euro tour, the only one I like perhaps a little more is the Pistoia version, which also has a great tag btw. Unfortunately for the Berlin boot is that the crowd doesn't sound half as loud as on that night (I was there), probably because of the open-air venue or because of the mix; but that doesn't matter very much, overall sound of the band and boot is great.

true, like verona, open air venue are very different! u can't really hear in the boot how crazy the crowd was
    but still the most important thing is that PJ were great everywhere
    they gave us great shows and loads of emotions and memories....
    see them in concert...its an addiction.....
    thankx PJ
    makes much more sense to live in the present tence
  • It was the best version of black ever. The tag gave me the hugest goosebumps.

Time heals the wounds, no one can see
    Time heals the wounds, no one can see
    But my memories, my memories wont let me back
    my memories wont let me be... here
    We belong, We belong, Together, Together, together
    We belong, We belong, Together, Together, together

And how Eddie's voice almost breaks in the last "together" part.. beautyful.. Its amazing how he wears his heart in his hand while singing...
    1996: Hamburg, Berlin 2000: London 1, Dublin, Glasgow, Manchester, Berlin, Hamburg, Roskilde 2003: Brisbane1+2, Sydney 1+2+3, Melbourne 1+2+3, NY 1+2, Seattle 2006: London, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Arnhem, Antwerp, Barcelona, Vitoria, Lisabon 1+2, Madrid, Marsaille, Paris, Bern, Bologna, Verona, Milan, Torino, Pistoia, Praque, Berlin, Vienna, Zagreb 2007: Lisbon, Madrid, Munich, Vienna, London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen 2009: London, Berlin, Manchester, London, Seattle 1+2, Vancouver, Portland 2010: Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park, Berlin, Arras 2011: Montreal, Toronto 1+2, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver 2012: Amsterdam 1+2, Praque, Berlin 1+2, Copenhagen 2014: Amsterdam 1+2, Milan, Trieste, Berlin
  • toastertoaster Posts: 152
    I absolutly agree on the black tag.. Gives me shivers every time I listen to it..
    The whole night.. t was just so perfect, the band seemed so ready to give it all from the first tune. Like Ed going crazy on "Go" especially in the middle of the song when he screams the "fuuck" and "burn" parts.. can't believe he can go from those high, high screams to sing normal right after without it not sounding all out of control..
  • Hey guys,

guess what i will be doing tonight???? getting this bloddy bootleg :)

Concerning the crouds noise... same as in Bern. I have the Bern Bootleg. For example, you can here the Jeremy outro by Jeff on the boot but during the concert you could not hear him as the croud was too loud.

If you now listen to the Alive song... At the end the croud is singing that loud, you almost cant hear ed on the boot any more... Now imagine how loud that was in the stadium... Fantastic!

Anyway.. PJ live is a experience everyone should have had once in a lifetime... Even though... Once can't be enough :)

Much love

M
    Zürich 2000
    Bern 2006
    Southside Festival 2007
    Berlin 2010
    Berlin 1&2 2012
    Milano 2014
    EV-Solo Amsterdam 2017
    Padova 2018
    Prague 2018
    Zürich 2022
  • Looks like I'm gonna buy this one :)
  • damn i had a ticket but because of personal trubles i could not make it to berlin....i am so freakin out right now after reading this....now i do have to buy the boot and try not to hit myself in the head every time i play it....
  • Hey mates,

downloaded the boot yesterday and got stuck in a traffic jam this morning... Good opportunity to listen to the first part up to the first break...

Eddi talkin German... How cool is that? Just beautiful... Goosebumbs and tears in my eyes... What a great contribution to their fans standing there and thanking them in the peoples mother tongue...

Comparing to the Bern concert I've been to, I like the setlist... Got some of my fav songs that they did not play in Bern.

Also listening to the Bern boot, you can hear the croud in Bern better. But I think thats just because Bern was indoor and Berlin outdoor.

Anyhow.. Would have loved to be there!

Cheers

M
    Zürich 2000
    Bern 2006
    Southside Festival 2007
    Berlin 2010
    Berlin 1&2 2012
    Milano 2014
    EV-Solo Amsterdam 2017
    Padova 2018
    Prague 2018
    Zürich 2022
  • MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    I guess the bootleg will be totally different than the normal concert for me then... I was also in Bern and loved it, but Berlin was missing something for me, and two of my friends. Can't tell why exactly, but if it's not audible on the bootleg: the better :D.

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
    I have exactly the opposite, I don't like the Bern boot that much but I have to say that I wasn't at that show, also a very short gig when you compare it to Berlin about 30 minutes shorter.
  • I also love the come back-tag right into Miracles:

Today your love, tomorrow the world...
    Today your love, tomorrow the world...

Was it the first time come back had a tag?
    The tag on come back was not on the Verona/Pistoia/Turin and Lisbon versions, so I Guess yes. But maybe on one of the US shows, don't know about that.
  • GO!!! wrote:

I do agree that the Berlin version of Black was/is great! The tag was very special. But to me the Antwerp version was just a little bit better. The crowd was singing dududududududu and clapping in their hands for minutes after the song was finished. The band was watching the crowd, like not knowing what to do, like wondering what was happening. That was just amazing and indescribable.
    But yet... I only saw three shows and as someone else already said: PJ is great everywhere and every show is unique!!!!!
    (Pukkelpop 25-08-95 Neil Young + PJ without EV)
    2006: Arnh, Antw, Berl
    2007: Katow, Lond, Düsseld, Nijm, Werch
    2008: MSG1, MSG2
    2009: Rotterd, Berl, Lond
    2010: Dubl, Nijm, Werch, Arr, Berl
    2012: Manch, Amst 1+2, Werch, Berl 1+2, Copenh
    2013: Chicago
    Yeah, the Antwerp version is also great, too bad I couldn't be there. So you should be lucky to have seen them 3 times!!!!, I only saw them in Arnhem and Berlin. For the crowd part I think Antwerp is great, but the band is "in my opinion" better in Berlin. I also like it when Eddie let the crowd sing the "i'm spinning part" and unfortunately he does not let them do that on the Antwerp version.
  • wimbeldino wrote:
    How great is this boot??

Just listened to this amazing version of black...this could be the greatest performance of a band ever!!! the tag goes like: "time heals the wounds time heals the wounds, but my memories, my memories...

Anybody understand what Eddie sings?

Also the second encore is unbelievable. The crowd goes like oooohhhhhhh (like soccer fans during a corner), so does Eddie and then right into: "Oh where oh where can my baby be...beautiful...

Footsteps is one of the best Pearl Jam Songs - That is for sure

I had some opportunities to listen to Berlin the last days and I just was all happy cause the boot is indeed as great as my memories were promising me.

..so thanks for the post, perfect to find it here :)

and now a question?
    Has anybody heard the guitar solos played in present tense before?
    Already at the concert I could not believe my ears but now the boot just plays it over and over again... guess I never have heard such a great present tense version either...
    .. and indeed: Porch still seems endless listening to the Berlin-boot... what a version, too.
    how cool is this boot? how great was this concert? ...

thanks pj again, and please keep on rocking...
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • The best bootleg for me,no doubts about it...Black,RVM,Crazy Mary....
    11/01/96 warsaw
    06/15/00 katowice
    06/16/00 katowice
    09/22/06 prague
    09/23/06 berlin
    09/25/06 vienna
    06/13/07 chorzow
  • Has anyone else noticed that Mike Plays the riff to Rock Bottom by UFO during the porch instrumental?
    And here I was getting all worked up about all the love for Berlin. But now the thread is on page 2!! What is that about??!!
    Berlin was unbefuckin'lievable and the boot has been on repeat ever since it was released!
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    The same for me, I listen to the boot again and again and again, The soundquality is also great when you compare it to some other boots.
  • sounds like i better buy this one
    Rapid City 98
  • Can someone tell me what Eddie responds to at the end of the gig? He says "Good bye, good night...Friede..." and the "We will"...
    Zürich 2000
    Bern 2006
    Southside Festival 2007
    Berlin 2010
    Berlin 1&2 2012
    Milano 2014
    EV-Solo Amsterdam 2017
    Padova 2018
    Prague 2018
    Zürich 2022
  • Mookie1976 wrote:
    Can someone tell me what Eddie responds to at the end of the gig? He says "Good bye, good night...Friede..." and the "We will"...

I guess he says: Wir lieben euch.
    That is the last sentence as far as I remember right... but I can check out the boot later...

.. but hmhmmm, Friede he said for sure :), followed by his "Liebeserklärung" :)
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Yeah, "Ich liebe euch" he says before the start of YL.

But after YL at the very end of the boot...

If he responded on something like "Come back"... I would have loved him to say "We will... Next year" :D
    Zürich 2000
    Bern 2006
    Southside Festival 2007
    Berlin 2010
    Berlin 1&2 2012
    Milano 2014
    EV-Solo Amsterdam 2017
    Padova 2018
    Prague 2018
    Zürich 2022
  • and what about Footsteps??!!!! and BIG WAVE!!!
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
    Today I learned that listening to this boot while at work is not safe! Especially not if you're a truckdriver........

Don't cryyyyyyyy
    Dooon't raise your eyyyyeeeeee
    It's only teenage wastelaaaaaaaaaand
    #¤%&%¤#CRASH!#¤%&¤#"
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • dane wrote:
    Today I learned that listening to this boot while at work is not safe! Especially not if you're a truckdriver........

Don't cryyyyyyyy
    Dooon't raise your eyyyyeeeeee
    It's only teenage wastelaaaaaaaaaand
    #¤%&%¤#CRASH!#¤%&¤#"

Hope nothing serious happened?!
    Zürich 2000
    Bern 2006
    Southside Festival 2007
    Berlin 2010
    Berlin 1&2 2012
    Milano 2014
    EV-Solo Amsterdam 2017
    Padova 2018
    Prague 2018
    Zürich 2022
    Mookie1976 wrote:
    Hope nothing serious happened?!

Nah, I'm fine and it was more like a nearaccident. But I was struck by the jam! ;)
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07