Options

EV PLAYING CARDS FOR SALE!

TonyCliftonTonyClifton Posts: 106
edited June 2012 in Lost Dogs
I have 2 of these sets of Vedder playing cards, still in the foam they originally came in also. Asking $50 for each, and that includes shipping in the U.S.A.

Sorry only U.S.A. due to shipping issues in the past. PayPal accepted or direct deposit into Wells Fargo account.

o26qj.jpg

First two who can make funds appear in PayPal account or Wells Fargo account, get them!
"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.”
-Mark Twain
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,895
    :cry:
  • Options
    kasedoug wrote:
    :cry:

Am I being greedy? Confused...

They went for $56 + shipping on eBay. I thought I was being fair...
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.”
    -Mark Twain
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure they were for sale I pretty sure the we're in goods not too long ago for $15. Some might consider it flipping.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure they were for sale I pretty sure the we're in goods not too long ago for $15. Some might consider it flipping.

Aw I see. I didn't know these ever came out in Goods. I bought them at the EV shows in '11, hence the styrofoam. But if it's faux pau to sell on here I will take down. Just let me know.
    -Mark Twain
  • Options
    I waited in line at the Wiltern, bought a set of cards, and gave it to you free after you had told me how much you had wanted a set and how hard you had tried to get them at the prior CA shows.
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,938
    kasedoug wrote:
    I waited in line at the Wiltern, bought a set of cards, and gave it to you free after you had told me how much you had wanted a set and how hard you had tried to get them at the prior CA shows.

This is not rare, I have abandoned the quest to help others just for this kind of behavior, i feel your pain bro :cry:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    arq wrote:
    kasedoug wrote:

This is not rare, I have abandoned the quest to help others just for this kind of behavior, i feel your pain bro :cry:

If the OP is reselling these cards after someone was nice enough to pick them up for him, that sucks.

Arq - There are still lots of great people on these boards. Just check out the latest holy grail thread.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I think its hilarious that the OP didnt recognize the guy who allegedly sent him the cards for free, and responded to him like a possible customer.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    lol wtf............ :fp:
    ajb
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    50 bucks for cards. :shock:

i'll stick with bicycle :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    I think its hilarious that the OP didnt recognize the guy who allegedly sent him the cards for free, and responded to him like a possible customer.

this thread has potential :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

Haha! Yes I agree! As I am not Calvin, and I DID buy all 3 sets of these cards in 2011 at the Portland show.

Still available unless this is violating any rules in which case I will remove.
    -Mark Twain
  • Options
    The OP and I split tickets for the LA & SB EV shows, and after he had told me how much he wanted a set of cards and had struck out on previous attempts at the CA shows he had seen prior, I picked up a pack for him at the Wiltern when I got to the front of the merch line and realized they were still available. I handed it directly to him at the Wiltern and he thanked me profusely and offered to pay for them, which I politely declined, wanting to do something nice. Apparently that was all forgotten or these are from "the Portland show" and completely different. I give up.
  • Options
    ThePedroThePedro Posts: 330
    :twisted: :corn:
    "Is it just me or is common sense not that common anymore"
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    kasedoug wrote:
    The OP and I split tickets for the LA & SB EV shows, and after he had told me how much he wanted a set of cards and had struck out on previous attempts at the CA shows he had seen prior, I picked up a pack for him at the Wiltern when I got to the front of the merch line and realized they were still available. I handed it directly to him at the Wiltern and he thanked me profusely and offered to pay for them, which I politely declined, wanting to do something nice. Apparently that was all forgotten or these are from "the Portland show" and completely different. I give up.
    wow
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    1.those wasnt at goods..was sold at the shows....

2.i think i just waste my time once again open this forum...stupid me...

NEXT WEEK.....PEARL JAM LIVE.......thats my cards to play with....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    1 still left.
    -Mark Twain
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    50 DOLLARS for some cards.. pfft
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,272
    kasedoug wrote:

TonyClifton :mrgreen:
    kasedoug :clap:
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,382
    Kasedoug don't let the greedy flippers get you down!!!! You picked me up the Looney Toons excusive Horrible Crows vinyl from RSD and it means alot especially because there are people like you that help others on the board.
    Don't let people like this get anyone down... There are many people on the boards that hep out one another and not all are flippers. I haven't been to a PJ show for 14 years because of personal problems(and believe me I would love to go ). Ever since I became active on the board people have picked me up stuff from all over from shows from the last 5-6 tours and I always appreciated it and even offer extra to buy beers from the show but people never take me up on that cuz they are that cool.Know there are people out there that really do appreciate it.
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    Lukin19Lukin19 We The North Posts: 505
    That's sucks!
    K.C. you have been a great friend and helped my son and I out on numerous occasions.
    I really hope this doesn't change who you are and all the good you do.
    We all have your back bud!
    Cheers!
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    dirty.......
    ajb
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977

As I am not Calvin,

I think this saying has a place in forum history! :lol:
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    To be clear, I understand getting market value for a collectible but it is extremely irritating when I know that one of the packs was gifted to him by me, after I put in the effort to get it.

ryan.jpg

I made it happen on Friday, 7/8, giving him the pack that I bought.

Also, I'm reminded of when he also asked me for help in getting a poster while I was at Alpine Valley. I know several people asked me for help and I wished I could have accommodated everybody, but it was really miserable trying to protect everything and keep it dry in the rain on Saturday. I did buy an extra Hampton print for RyanM/TonyC. I had it inside of a tube with a Klausen I got for myself, and had the tube inside of my backpack the entire day Sunday, the only time it was out of my sight was when it was directly behind me in my seat while I stood for the main stage bands. Well, when I got back to CA, the Hampton was gone from inside the tube. Thinking it was a simple mix up of tubes with my travel party, I asked them but no one ended up with it. Still baffled as to how that poster got swiped but since it was my responsibility, I never asked him to pay for it, took the $30 loss myself, and wrote him that unfortunately there was no poster.

ryan1.jpg

So, RyanM/TonyC, enjoying profiting off that pack I gifted to you, and to whoever ended up with the Hampton from Alpine, hope you appreciate the effort. You're welcome.

To everybody that expressed kind words, it truly means a lot to know the effort was appreciated and your contributions are definitely appreciated in return. Thank you. Unfortunately, I'll probably be a lot less likely to offer assistance down the road. Done with this thread.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011

As I am not Calvin,

I think this saying has a place in forum history! :lol:
    yeah, who the hell is Calvin?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Completely understand your disgruntlement kasedoug. That is a bullshit move. This forum never ceases to amaze me with a consistently new level of greed.

Edit: Not to say that there aren't some really nice, honest, considerate people on here as well. It's just easy to let the assholes overshadow the "good vibes" sometimes.