Options

Mile High Music Festival to be annouced today

maccimacci Posts: 1,057
edited March 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
July 19-20 Denver Colorado - Dick's Sporting Good Soccer Fields.

Rumored bands include Tom Petty & DMB - but I wonder if Pearl Jam would be there as well - that would rock!!! =)
Denver impresario Chuck Morris holds a news conference Tuesday morning to feed us the deets on the Mile High Music Festival. As The Denver Post already told you, it'll be at the soccer fields of Dick's Sporting Goods Park on July 19 and 20.

"It'll be the largest music festival ever seen in Colorado by far," Morris told me. "And the first of many."

It's been widely surmised that Tom Petty will be one of the acts at the fest, playing July 19 along with touring companion Steve Winwood. Morris won't confirm or deny anything — but he says the lineup will blow our minds with established and emerging acts.

So what do we know? It'll rock the soccer fields on five stages, two of them under tents, one tent as big as a football field. The fest, which could have as many as 50 acts, will run from noon to 11 p.m. each day. And you can expect as many as 50,000 to show up, some of whom will get to enjoy a VIP experience. Taking notes from another fest that Morris is presenting this summer in Rothbury, Mich., VIPs will pay a big premium for special parking, up-close seating, gourmet food, specialty bars and air-conditioned bathrooms!

Morris won't comment on what all this will cost. See you Tuesday.
My lips are shaking.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    Nope......no PJ - sorry I should have posted it in other music

DMB
    Tom Petty
    JOhn Mayer
    Black Crowes
    My lips are shaking.......