Stock Market

Comments

• 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    am i correct in saying, shorting starts tommorrow on FB :?:

could get ugly
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    81 wrote:
    There was a heated exchange earlier on CNBC where an analyst was defending the revenue outlook, but couldn't really provide backup for his argument. Pretty funny, actually.

My thought is that we will be studying this IPO for years to come about what can be done to prevent history repeating itself.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    i wonder if any law suits have been filed yet
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    I blame Jay Z and budweiser and FB
    PE cracked 100 :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    down anouther 12 cents in after hours with 1M shares traded.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Dow down 6.66 today. Bad sign
    Dow down 6.66 today. Bad sign

seems like a good sign...after the way the day started.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Trying to find a jump-in point on VXX
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Dow down 6.66 today. Bad sign

Shit that's nothing. It came way back. Its treasuries I'm laughing at. Flight to safety. FB stocks a joke. Like Jesse Ventura being in politics. Kramer will have a shouting day today. ;)
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    dimon+2.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
    or21__01__630x420.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Penny stocks is where I live.....biotech!
    UpSideDown wrote:
    Got any favorites to share? I love researching small caps.
    or21__01__630x420.jpg
    Brilliant. You ever met this guy BD? He's looking more and more like the poster child for moral hazard.
    or21__01__630x420.jpg
    Brilliant. You ever met this guy BD? He's looking more and more like the poster child for moral hazard.
    I have... Very dissapointed... He really blew it.
    GoiMTvP.gif
    As soon as the news broke about the London whale in early April, I knew this wasn't going to end well. It makes people in our field who play by the rules look like idiots and rogue gunslingers with little regard for investor stability in the broader market.

What I was amazed by in visiting firms when I was over in London in March was the clear lack of regulatory oversight and the ingrained gambling nature of the financial landscape over there. They love it, and we always give regulators the proverbial stink-eye, but things like this are often the result of the environment.
    UpSideDown wrote:

Advanced Cell Technology (ACTC)........great risk/reward ratio, especially at the current PPS. A tiny company that is beaten down on the OTC but showing amazing clinical results.

Great place for research:
    http://investorstemcell.com/forum/forum.php
    UpSideDown wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:

Advanced Cell Technology (ACTC)........great risk/reward ratio, especially at the current PPS. A tiny company that is beaten down on the OTC but showing amazing clinical results.

Great place for research:
    http://investorstemcell.com/forum/forum.php

that is a speculative play if i've seen one. wow.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Indeed, but that's what gets me excited.

The company consists of less than 30 people and the market cap is currently hovering around $160m. The clinical trials they are running now address an estimated $30B unmet medical need.
    UpSideDown wrote:
    81 wrote:

The company consists of less than 30 people and the market cap is currently hovering around $160m. The clinical trials they are running now address an estimated $30B unmet medical need.

i wish the best...and hope you make a nice return...but no way i touch a company like that.

is yahoo right in saying the ceo made 1.1M last year?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:
    81 wrote:

i wish the best...and hope you make a nice return...but no way i touch a company like that.

Is that all?
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Is that all?[/quote]

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=ACTC.OB+Profile

R&D was 10M
    SG&A was 11M

and this guy took home 1.1M

i'd have to do some digging to see how much was paid in comapny cash...err...stock...but still, huge red flag for me.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Is that all?

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=ACTC.OB+Profile

R&D was 10M
    SG&A was 11M

and this guy took home 1.1M

i'd have to do some digging to see how much was paid in comapny cash...err...stock...but still, huge red flag for me.[/quote]
    Oh wow... I have made more than that for the company this month...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    they also have 2.1B shares outstanding. plus a few preferred shares in two differnet classes.

i guess you can buy thousands of shares for pennies and do this in several companies...as long as one or two hit, you can make some money.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

keep waiting. down into the 28's today.

PE down to about 91

need to put my 12.5 order back in.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81, FB might not even be worth 12.5

I am loving this collapse. FB is dying a slow and painful death.