Options

***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    What time are they announcing the lineup?

Million dollar question

Wasn't the last one around 4pm ?

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought it was

No clue.
  • Options
    I can't drink it

BUD-MUD the next day is not pretty

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I can't drink it

BUD-MUD the next day is not pretty

:lol::lol:

Apparently I'm not the only one to experience this

:( :lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I heard Secret Service and Love Seed Mama Jump are opening :lol:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

Mr. Greengenes also

;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,202
    JK_Livin wrote:

Mr. Greengenes also

;)

i'd rather see Mr. Greengenes than rap or techno ;)
  • Options
    There we go
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,447
    I can drink Bud Regular, especially on a hot day.

To be honest, I'm only going to be able to go this thing one day, so I'll be blowing off Mr. Z. It's ok, he'll still get my cash - that's all he cares about.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options

To be honest, I'm only going to be able to go this thing one day, so I'll be blowing off Mr. Z. It's ok, he'll still get my cash - that's all he cares about.

I'll definitely be there both days, but most likely not all of both days.
  • Options

that's why i'd hope it was a separate ticket and not a wristband. never did a festival so don't know. i don't have much interest in Jay-Z but definitely would know people who would take that one day. apparantly Stone was on WMMR and said they would be closing the festival so looks like sunday night.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

that's why i'd hope it was a separate ticket and not a wristband. never did a festival so don't know. i don't have much interest in Jay-Z but definitely would know people who would take that one day. apparantly Stone was on WMMR and said they would be closing the festival so looks like sunday night.

Jay-Z doesn't close his own festival? :? Whatever.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    the best part of this will be to watch all the non pj fans' reactions to their set. gonna be a weird weekend! :lol:

At Jazzfest a couple years ago people just talked over all the songs they didn't know, like Half Full and Down. It really blew, to be honest.

That's why I am really lukewarm on this. Plus my wife's stupid job she's really busy on Labor Day weekend every year, which complicates everything.

Just play the goddam WTF Center and call it a day.

I agree with this. I'm not a big fan of this festival stuff. would much rather just hit a PJ show

One of my friends has a roofdeck in the art museum area. I wonder if he will be able to hear the concerts from there. that would be ideal. I can sit in a kiddie pool on his deck, get so drunk I can't stand, and not have to deal with the crowd that's gonna be flocking to see these hip hop acts. triple win
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yeah, it's definitely going to be a strange mix of people. Should be interesting. Going to be a god damn blast though. I can't wait. We'll definitely be having a party on our deck before/after, either/both days. I'll post info once we get closer if anyone wants to have beers before or after.

I'll be there. 8-)

Wife told me have fun. :lol:

yeah, I couldn't pay my wife to go to something like this. which is one reason why I love her so much :thumbup:
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

figures. I have springsteen tix that night.

All of this stuff brings back great memories of the fall of 09. springsteen, PJ, and the phils. falls of 08 and 09 were the fucking best
  • Options
    Just read this regarding yesterday's game...horrid

Not a single plate appearance against Beckett lasted longer than five pitches, the first time that's happened in a start in his career.

Also, I know baseball is secondary today with the concert news, but does anyone else think it's obvious that utley should move to LF and galvis should stay at 2B?? Utley's knees bother him most when he's in field...2B is the second most dangerous position in baseball (after catcher) because you can't see the runner bearing down on your during a DP...anyone can play LF (except dom brown). Also keeps mayberry/pierre off the field, which is addition by subtraction. Makes too much sense for the dummies running things down there.

They better win this series vs the punk nats. esp with halladay and hamels starting 2 of 3
  • Options
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    the best part of this will be to watch all the non pj fans' reactions to their set. gonna be a weird weekend! :lol:

At Jazzfest a couple years ago people just talked over all the songs they didn't know, like Half Full and Down. It really blew, to be honest.

That's why I am really lukewarm on this. Plus my wife's stupid job she's really busy on Labor Day weekend every year, which complicates everything.

I agree with this. I'm not a big fan of this festival stuff. would much rather just hit a PJ show

One of my friends has a roofdeck in the art museum area. I wonder if he will be able to hear the concerts from there. that would be ideal. I can sit in a kiddie pool on his deck, get so drunk I can't stand, and not have to deal with the crowd that's gonna be flocking to see these hip hop acts. triple win

I don't know, man. I think this is going to be pretty awesome, regardless if I end up there all day or not. I really don't think the crowd is going to be bad at all, based on the rumors. Pearl Jam and Jay Z with the Art Museum in the background is just fine in my book. About as cool of a venue as I could ask for. Short walk to bars and a quick cab home. Works for me. I'm pretty god damn pumped
  • Options
    And yep, I'll be showing up later in the day.
  • Options
    Lots of indie stuff
  • Options
    this team is brutal. polanco should be benched for that type of shit
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

Disgraceful base running. A Little Leaguer would've done better.

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    The Fixer wrote:

least i didn't take you up on your tix :lol:

still another inning to go. Come on Phills!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I might have a pair for tomorrow. Can't even give them away on stubhub
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah glad some sucker bought em on stubhub. :lol:

• Options
    someone needs to take tonights game tape and produce a video of how not to run the bases
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

i hate polanco. release his ass. he blows and is really hard to take.

and pence is killing this team. he is hitting .156 against left handed pitchers so far this year. 1 fn fifty six.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,293
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I don't know, man. I think this is going to be pretty awesome, regardless if I end up there all day or not. I really don't think the crowd is going to be bad at all, based on the rumors. Pearl Jam and Jay Z with the Art Museum in the background is just fine in my book. About as cool of a venue as I could ask for. Short walk to bars and a quick cab home. Works for me. I'm pretty god damn pumped

i think it has the potential to be a fucking disaster. screw festivals. just play a god damned pearl jam show. i don't get it. not real happy with the way things have gone with this band over the last few years...

hate the drake.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Anyone get the presale password?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,293
    the password is.......

......vagina.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options