Options

***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    pjhawks wrote:
    PJ on the Parkway???? Porch seems to indicate it happening. and Matt Cord tweeted something about it. wow.

Fuck yeah. This is going to be sweet
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Bobby V with the quick hands catching the Ump's gum Friday night. :lol::lol::lol:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Fuck Boston
    :wave:

We hit you guys pretty good this weekend

the phils stink. couldn't even beat the sox JV squad

was at friday's game. so many people wearing phils shirts and sox hats or vice versa. I will never understand that shit. so stupid.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    PJ on the Parkway???? Porch seems to indicate it happening. and Matt Cord tweeted something about it. wow.

isn't it pj and a bunch of rap acts though? i'm really confused....was hoping they'd end up opening for bruce. how sweet would that have been?

i have a feeling this art museum thing's gonna be a huge mess...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

isn't it pj and a bunch of rap acts though? i'm really confused....was hoping they'd end up opening for bruce. how sweet would that have been?

Less than a third of the acts are out right now. As of now I only really care about Jay Z and Pearl Jam. Depending on what else is announced, I may BBQ on my deck then head over in the afternoon for the shows.

I don't think it will be that bad. I read they are only selling 50k tickets, so the numbers won't be all that big. Smaller than most festivals. I can't wait.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Less than a third of the acts are out right now. As of now I only really care about Jay Z and Pearl Jam. Depending on what else is announced, I may BBQ on my deck then head over in the afternoon for the shows.

I don't think it will be that bad. I read they are only selling 50k tickets, so the numbers won't be all that big. Smaller than most festivals. I can't wait.

okay...as of now, though, if this were to have been announced on april 1st, there would be no way i would have believed it.

the best part of this will be to watch all the non pj fans' reactions to their set. gonna be a weird weekend! :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,496
    the best part of this will be to watch all the non pj fans' reactions to their set. gonna be a weird weekend! :lol:

At Jazzfest a couple years ago people just talked over all the songs they didn't know, like Half Full and Down. It really blew, to be honest.

That's why I am really lukewarm on this. Plus my wife's stupid job she's really busy on Labor Day weekend every year, which complicates everything.

Just play the goddam WTF Center and call it a day.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options

At Jazzfest a couple years ago people just talked over all the songs they didn't know, like Half Full and Down. It really blew, to be honest.

That's why I am really lukewarm on this. Plus my wife's stupid job she's really busy on Labor Day weekend every year, which complicates everything.

agreed. my wife's a teacher and she's always trying to prep her room that weekend. not sure if she'll be able to go.

i'm going to be there regardless. i will have a great time regardless. it just seems weird as hell (which could always make it more interesting/fun in a way). traffic's gonna be a nightmare all weekend too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Did you see all the comments on philly.com about how it's an Obama campaign event? :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

okay...as of now, though, if this were to have been announced on april 1st, there would be no way i would have believed it.

Yeah, it's definitely going to be a strange mix of people. Should be interesting. Going to be a god damn blast though. I can't wait. We'll definitely be having a party on our deck before/after, either/both days. I'll post info once we get closer if anyone wants to have beers before or after.
  • Options

agreed. my wife's a teacher and she's always trying to prep her room that weekend. not sure if she'll be able to go.

i'm going to be there regardless. i will have a great time regardless. it just seems weird as hell (which could always make it more interesting/fun in a way). traffic's gonna be a nightmare all weekend too.

Take the train.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yeah, it's definitely going to be a strange mix of people. Should be interesting. Going to be a god damn blast though. I can't wait. We'll definitely be having a party on our deck before/after, either/both days. I'll post info once we get closer if anyone wants to have beers before or after.

I'll be there. 8-)

Wife told me have fun. :lol:

• Options
    Presale is tomorrow at noon. Is anyone gonna bother announcing a lineup before then?

• Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'll be there. 8-)

Wife told me have fun. :lol:

Good stuff. It's going to be a great time. I just want them to release the damn lineup.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,214
    Presale is tomorrow at noon. Is anyone gonna bother announcing a lineup before then?

i thnk last week they said that pre-sale you had to sign up for some Budweiser site or something. besides i don't think tickets will be hard to come by.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

i thnk last week they said that pre-sale you had to sign up for some Budweiser site or something. besides i don't think tickets will be hard to come by.

I think you have to like Budweiser on Facebook to get the password. Have to get the woman to do that tonight since I am one of probably 3 people who doesn't have Facebook. I don't think tickets will be that easy to come by, depends on the rest of the lineup. Jay Z and Pearl Jam certainly aren't selling 50K tickets alone, I don't think, but one or two bigger names and it will get pretty tough.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,214
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

I think you have to like Budweiser on Facebook to get the password. Have to get the woman to do that tonight since I am one of probably 3 people who doesn't have Facebook. I don't think tickets will be that easy to come by, depends on the rest of the lineup. Jay Z and Pearl Jam certainly aren't selling 50K tickets alone, I don't think, but one or two bigger names and it will get pretty tough.

my thoughts on easy to get tickets would be if 2-day passes (if they are an actual seperate ticket) would be a bunch on stub-hub for the day you want. no clue if a 2-day pass would be 2 separate tickets though. still baffled by how ticketing on Parkway will work anyways.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    my thoughts on easy to get tickets would be if 2-day passes (if they are an actual seperate ticket) would be a bunch on stub-hub for the day you want. no clue if a 2-day pass would be 2 separate tickets though. still baffled by how ticketing on Parkway will work anyways.

Yeah, I assume they won't be seperate, I would imagine it is a festival wrist band you have to keep on like other festivals. Regarding the parkway, I assume they won't let you anywhere near there without a ticket/wristband, I don't think they'll use the whole thing but I bet you wont be able to get real close without a ticket. Assume they'll block it off wide along the sides with vendors and all that. Just my guess.
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

I can't "like" Budweiser anywhere

:nono: :lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options

Ha, yeah, I asked the girl to do it and she said no. Looks like I'll just have to hijack her account tonight.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Ha, yeah, I asked the girl to do it and she said no. Looks like I'll just have to hijack her account tonight.

Aren't they owned by a belgian company now ?

• Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Aren't they owned by a belgian company now ?

Inbev, yeah, Budweiser is the worst part of this whole thing.
  • Options
    Somebody will post the password on the board.

• Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    What time are they announcing the lineup?
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I thought so

well your beer menu : BUD-BUD LIGHT-BUD LIME-SHOCKTOP

:x

• Options

Million dollar question
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I thought so

Bud heavy for yours truly
  • Options
    Somebody will post the password on the board.

Good call.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Million dollar question

Wasn't the last one around 4pm ?

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought it was

• Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I thought so

Bud heavy for yours truly

I can't drink it

BUD-MUD the next day is not pretty

This discussion has been closed.