Options

Why Do People Have to be Haters??

lcusicklcusick Posts: 310
edited May 2012 in The Porch
Just venting. I workout twice a week with my sister and a trainer that we hired together. She is four years older than me. We like to use our IPODs when we work out. My sister has different tastes in music, so we trade off: one day my IPOD and one day hers. I usually put my IPOD on shuffle. Well, naturally since I have many PJ songs on my IPOD there may be a few PJ songs each workout. Everytime it is PJ, she puts the band down, b--atching that she cannot understand Eddie. She never tries to listen to understand. She also makes negative PJ comments other times as well. Meanwhile when it is her IPOD days, I have to hear crap like Lady GaGa. I show more class and just concentrate on my workout and try to tune out her music. Today she was so negative that it makes me want to stop working out with her at all, which makes me even more angry because I am the one who originally found this trainer. It is hard for me to understand at all how someone cannot like Pearl Jam, but more than that- it should be about just tolerating each other's differences. I posted this here because I figure no one else would understand :!:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    normally i would suggest kicking her in the box, but since it's your sister......

i suggest snagging her ipod when she isn't looking and swapping out all her music for pearl....win win.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    LOL- I like the idea of switching out her music to PJ. There's no way that I would take PJ off my IPOD so she just has to deal with it :lol:
  • Options
    lukins.lawyerlukins.lawyer Posts: 128
    lcusick wrote:
    Well, naturally since I have many PJ songs on my IPOD there may be a few PJ songs each workout. . . Meanwhile when it is her IPOD days, I have to hear crap like Lady GaGa. . . .

If I ever meet a girl like you who thinks like this I'll fall blindly in love and she'll take me for everything I've got.
    No need to be void,... or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all.....

PJ
    Toronto 2003 · Boston I, 2004 · Kitchener 2005 · London 2005 · Hamilton 2005 · Toronto 2005 · Toronto I, 2006 · Toronto II, 2006 · Mansfield I, 2008 · Mansfield II, 2008 · Philadelphia III, 2009 · Philadelphia IV, 2009 · Cleveland 2010 · *Buffalo 2010* · PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY 2011 · Toronto I, 2011 · Toronto II, 2011 · Hamilton 2011 · London (ON) 2013 · Buffalo 2013 · Toronto I, 2016 · Toronto II, 2016 · Chicago I, 2018 · Chicago II, 2018

EV
    Montreal I, 2008 · Montreal II, 2008 · Albany 2009 · Philadelphia 2011 · Fort Lauderdale I, 2012 · Orlando I, 2012 · Orlando II, 2012
  • Options
    OnTheEdgeOnTheEdge Posts: 1,300
    We're going to make our band an official religion. There's only one commandment......Don't be an asshole! ~E.V.
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    81 wrote:
    normally i would suggest kicking her in the box
    :lol:
  • Options
    OnTheEdgeOnTheEdge Posts: 1,300
    81 wrote:

Hello RedMosquito02. Been to Mardens lately? :wave:
  • Options
    PJ Fan 1978PJ Fan 1978 Posts: 165
    Hatin' is like being an alcoholic - you can't help those who don't want to help themselves - if she doesn't want to help herself to a helping of Pearl Jam - more for you :D I'd say it's her loss

:roll: Maybe some day her eyes and ears will open..........
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    normally i would suggest kicking her in the box, but since it's your sister......

i suggest snagging her ipod when she isn't looking and swapping out all her music for pearl....win win.

• Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    OnTheEdge wrote:
    81 wrote:

Hello RedMosquito02. Been to Mardens lately? :wave:
    Mardens Pearl Jam dude!

Nice to finally see you on here :D

(I make too many trips to Mardens, btw.)
  • Options
    AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    Just reset her ipod to the original configuration and be done with it. By the time she reloads all the songs something else will be popular.
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • Options
    KlownKlown Posts: 47
    Orrrrrr.

You could just grow up and accept that not everyone has to love your band. You're acting like a spoilt brat who thinks you are better because you listen to such a band. Maybe when you accept that other people have music tastes outside of yours, you might be able to help yourself more. But then again, 'they just won't get it'

'Why Do People Have to be Haters??' Well, you're one as well. Take a look in that mirror.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    thats the problem with relatives..you cant choose them..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Lots of people don't like PJ ...
    shocking but true

in my life it has been the rule, one reason why I am here.
    Others don't hear what I do.

Music is a personal thing / taste perhaps you could be an example and enjoy her music
    or let the trainer pick the music maybe you'll both like that or even better
    you pick her songs she picks yours and you please each other instead of yourselves :D
  • Options
    dislocateddislocated Posts: 599
    Klown wrote:
    Orrrrrr.

You could just grow up and accept that not everyone has to love your band. You're acting like a spoilt brat who thinks you are better because you listen to such a band. Maybe when you accept that other people have music tastes outside of yours, you might be able to help yourself more. But then again, 'they just won't get it'

'Why Do People Have to be Haters??' Well, you're one as well. Take a look in that mirror.

Sounds like you're a GaGa fan.
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    Why hasn't DS1119 put up that clip of that pickle singing/mimicking "haters be hatin". Or whatever that clip is of??
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    thumbnail.aspx?q=4601091662676528&id=8ce5c8e78a704556c9170d018778c45c
  • Options
    IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894
    81 wrote:
    normally i would suggest kicking her in the box,

hahahaha
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,538
    Why don't you each just listen to your own ipods then if it bothers you both so much? :?
  • Options
    beachbellebeachbelle Posts: 95
    The real tragedy is forgetting your iPod altogether! Sux to workout to nothin' but the hum of treadmills and the slamming of weights. :cry:
    "Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere..."

• Options
    PilateOfTheStormPilateOfTheStorm Posts: 4,319
    make a playlist of music you BOTH love?
  • Options
    I am not a hater of my sister. I was pointing out that when we exercise to her music, I don't say a word even though I do not like it. So, she should respect me enough to be quiet when a Pearl Jam song comes on. She knows how much I like the band and that I have gone to many of their concerts. She could just tolerate it. She just really hurt my feelings the night I posted the comment because she wouldn't let up through all of "Black" about what a horrible singer Eddie is. I do not "hate" my sister- she is just causing my workout to suck. I realize different people have different tastes in music, but if you care about someone, you do not rip their taste apart, that's all.
  • Options
    AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    lcusick wrote:
    I am not a hater of my sister. I was pointing out that when we exercise to her music, I don't say a word even though I do not like it. So, she should respect me enough to be quiet when a Pearl Jam song comes on. She knows how much I like the band and that I have gone to many of their concerts. She could just tolerate it. She just really hurt my feelings the night I posted the comment because she wouldn't let up through all of "Black" about what a horrible singer Eddie is. I do not "hate" my sister- she is just causing my workout to suck. I realize different people have different tastes in music, but if you care about someone, you do not rip their taste apart, that's all.

I totally agree with what your saying here,and just wanted to say that if your doing 50/50 on the music,and she's hating on it like that then she's just being a bitch! No offence :lol:
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Options
    London BridgeLondon Bridge USA Posts: 4,733
    I hate this thread.
    It's such a tragedy :roll:
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    lcusick wrote:

Why don't you tell her exactly what you told us? While not everyone has to like Pearl Jam, I don't see why it is necessary to put them down; I don't think you are putting down what she likes....Tell her how you feel but in a way so she doesn't get defensive.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    having a genuine respect for someone else's differing opinion is a hard thing to accept

haters will always hate. it's a fact of life.
  • Options
    PKTrekGirlPKTrekGirl Posts: 747
    I know that you want to work out to music...but in this case, it might be necessary to work out without tunes, just to keep the peace. Workout music is just not worth this level of frustration.

Just go running after your workout, and take your iPod full of PJ along. I have been running to PJ tunes for 20 years and never get tired of it.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I think any music is good to work out to...
    gets ya going!

Can't imagine being fueled without it
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    don't share the ipod... even more, why do you care?
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Why don't you each just listen to your own ipods then if it bothers you both so much? :?

Also, I would imagine she says those things because she knows how you'll react and its easy to wind you up. At the end of the day, its just a band. No need to be upset because someone doesn't like your favourite band
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    boyo79 wrote:

Also, I would imagine she says those things because she knows how you'll react and its easy to wind you up. At the end of the day, its just a band. No need to be upset because someone doesn't like your favourite band

That,if your sis don't like PJ, she is the one who misses it, and even though we get happy one new 10C members appear here, specially if they are young, in a way we are glad that we aren't that many, otherwise, goods will be sold out even faster...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...