Stock Market

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I blame the Greek teachers.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:
    I blame the Greek teachers.

fuckin...pay your bills. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    My friend is the new CIO at JP Morgan :lol: :fp:

if they have a few more dollars to lose, let me know. :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    ok, help me understand this: the Facebook IPO is now estimated to raise $16B. I assume that the value of Facebook is mainly derived from future revenues, which I still don't quite understand how they are generated and to the magnitude that would warrent such a huge value. So other than the fact that it is a hot company right now, which is driving up the value, how can anyone think that this would be a good long-term investment?

Second thing I don't get is what do they need $16B for? It's not as if they are building massive factories or facilities. If they go bankrupt, was assets will they have to sell off to creditors?
    looks like about half is going to current owners that are selling. zuckerburg or whatever his name is getting over a billion of it. some artist dude is in line to get 200M+

if you are bored and want to read about it

http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/ipos/fili ... id=8218637

in Q1 of this year, 82% of the revenue was advertising, with the rest being payment processing for facebook purchases (this farmville).

seems like people are over paying for facebook at these levels. i dunno...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    it just looks to me to be overvalued. at the end of the day, no physical plant other than some data centers and servers and no real product that is being sold or produced.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    it just looks to me to be overvalued. at the end of the day, no physical plant other than some data centers and servers and no real product that is being sold or produced.
    Who cares? It's new and shiny and I want one daddy!! :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

i think it's over valued as well, but not because they don't produce a physical product. lots of companies don't produce anything physical. just look at google, or microsoft, or your local cpa.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    true.

but, f facebook
    ok, I am getting a better idea of it:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/16/tech/soci ... ?hpt=hp_c1

still: f facebook
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I'll prob add FB to the portfolio once it goes down in late Q2-early Q3
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    are we in a second .com boom/bust cycle

just saw they are saying pintrest is worth around 1.5B
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Like we need this over our heads at this point in time...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    81 wrote:

sounds like facebook is going to be valued at something like $106B when this is all done. that give you a P/E of 106, and a P/S of 28.6

:fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

sounds like facebook is going to be valued at something like $106B when this is all done. that give you a P/E of 106, and a P/S of 28.6

Insane... Has anyone here actually clicked on an ad in Facebook?
    GoiMTvP.gif
    just read an article...

gonna have a higher market cap than ford, kraft and disney.

last year kraft had revenue of 54.3B and a net income of 3.5B. current market cap of 68B (pe 19.4, ps of 1.3)

something ain't right.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    just read an article...

last year kraft had revenue of 54.3B and a net income of 3.5B. current market cap of 68B (pe 19.4, ps of 1.3)

something ain't right.
    I'm going with Zevon on this one... We're going to need Lawyers, Guns and Money...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTFSLHHEMa8
    GoiMTvP.gif
    81 wrote:

Insane... Has anyone here actually clicked on an ad in Facebook?[/quote]

never. for a long time, I didn't even know that there were adds on FB, I never saw them.

it's like a huge bubble and someday it will burst and be worthless
    81 wrote:
    just read an article...

something ain't right.
    I'm going with Zevon on this one... We're going to need Lawyers, Guns and Money...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTFSLHHEMa8

"I went home with a waitress, the way I always do
    how was I to know she was with the Russians too"

I love that line
    i just put in a buy order on FB for 25....highly doubt it fills :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Here we go. $4 premium. The cross is going to be 38-42.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

must be about time...my broker's site is slow
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

must be about time...my broker's site is slow
    Its now delaying. Cramer is nervous.
    Time to short NASDAQ
    GoiMTvP.gif
    going to buy some AOL. I think they will make a comeback
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Can someone here make a PJ mutual fund that you all decide on? You are all smarter than me... and my small retirement plan is currently under performing. If you tell me facebook and pinterest are the future I will blindly follow you!
    BD, the delay appeared to be due to institutions getting their full allocation. This almost never happens right?
    Jamie Dimon must be happy he's off the front page today
    Jamie Dimon must be happy he's off the front page today

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    BD, the delay appeared to be due to institutions getting their full allocation. This almost never happens right?
    This is what it appreared to be...
    And flipping flippers :evil:
    GoiMTvP.gif