Options

Uke Songs LP question

PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
edited May 2012 in Lost Dogs
Has there been more than one pressing of Uke Songs? Just wondering because there seems to be a market for the song book, and I've seen oddly high prices for it online. Is the one you can still buy here in the goods section lacking something that an earlier issue had??
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    movaughnmovaughn Posts: 1,293
    That one is a hardcover book with the cd in the back. It was limited but considered a CD. Only one pressing of the LP.
    Alpine Valley - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley - Oct 08, 2000, Alpine Valley - Jun 21, 2003
    United Center - May 16, 2006, Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006, Summerfest - Jun 30, 2006
    Alpine Valley - Sep 03, 2011, Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Wrigley Field - August 20, 2016, Wrigley Field - August 22, 2016
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,579
    The lp also come with a softcover version of the songbook.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683
    Huh. Okay then... weird. I bought the LP last week for $25 or whatever here... why in the fuck are people buying/selling it for as much as $60 on eBay (the LP, not the hardcover song book)?? I guess they're just stupid! My first instinct was to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume there was some limited edition when it first came out that I hadn't heard of. Thanks for the answers. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Huh. Okay then... weird. I bought the LP last week for $25 or whatever here... why in the fuck are people buying/selling it for as much as $60 on eBay (the LP, not the hardcover song book)?? I guess they're just stupid! My first instinct was to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume there was some limited edition when it first came out that I hadn't heard of. Thanks for the answers. :)

People never think to check bands websites when music or merch are released. They just instantly go to ebay and pay through the roof. Jack White released a 12" etched playable vinyl of Sixteen Salteens on record store day. The next day they were selling for close to $100 on ebay. The kicker was the whole time and even now, they are on Third Man Records website for $10. People just don't check around first.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,