05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Ouch, you have no idea what wounds you just opened with that :lol::lol: I was waiting all day for that one to drop and of course it shows up when I'm not paying attention. And I had the Stout Avengers variant in my cart this morning but didn't get that one either.

Good luck finding one! I love all of those Avengers posters :)
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Suziemay wrote:
    Ouch, you have no idea what wounds you just opened with that :lol::lol: I was waiting all day for that one to drop and of course it shows up when I'm not paying attention. And I had the Stout Avengers variant in my cart this morning but didn't get that one either.

I waited ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL day for those friggin posters... I was RIGHT on it and the site froze on me.

I even tried on two computers (one doing the variants, one doing the regulars) figuring at worst I could get the regulars. Got NOTHING.

Then today same thing - was right on top of the variant and it sold out. I got REALLY lucky that I was able to get the regular, but man... Mondo's site is horrible for me lately. :(
  • Options
    nthngsms2flynthngsms2fly Posts: 121
    Suziemay wrote:

same thing for me, get it in cart, then it freezes, then it's sold out. that happens to me every time i happen to get to the buy button before they sell out at mondo. it's a tough ride trying to get prints on that site.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,175
    drsluggo wrote:
    Then today same thing - was right on top of the variant and it sold out. I got REALLY lucky that I was able to get the regular, but man... Mondo's site is horrible for me lately. :(

I tried for an Avengers regular print today but failed. It was all smooth sailing (adding cart, following the screen after screen of loading) but when the calculator button was loading it timed out on me. D'oh! Over a thousand prints sold in a matter of seconds. Their online store/sales is just too big & too popular for any regular fan to buy a print from them these day's.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    There are some amazingly cool Avengers prints up at Gallery 1988 right now... I LOVE the dave perillo print... :)
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    I tried for an Avengers regular print today but failed.
    Wow, if YOU failed, there really wasn't a prayer of me getting this. Ok, I feel slightly better :lol::lol:
    drsluggo wrote:
    There are some amazingly cool Avengers prints up at Gallery 1988 right now... I LOVE the dave perillo print... :)
    Omigod, some of these are so goofy!

"Hulk Goes Green": http://nineteeneightyeight.com/products ... le-print-1
    "Captain America on Sunday Morning": http://nineteeneightyeight.com/products ... ay-morning

I would totally get those if they were prints. Or if they were not $400.

Sorry OP. You clearly got us all excited! Really do hope you find your Thor, I'd love to see an actual picture of it so you'll have to post one if you do!
  • Options
    JH57554JH57554 Posts: 245
    I've got a lead on a Ken Taylor Hulk for $150 if anyone's interested.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Mondo is hit or miss. Sometimes you'll get lucky, others you wont even get a sniff.
    I was able to snag a Taylor 10,000 Leagues when it released and felt very lucky.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Wish I'd know about Stout's Avengers poster earlier today :(
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Wow, if YOU failed, there really wasn't a prayer of me getting this. Ok, I feel slightly better :lol::lol:

I'm shocked too. I'm pretty good scoring those 100 s/n print sales but 1000? :shock: Mondo is pretty much a breeding site for flippers any way's. There's already 2 pages worth of listening on today's print on eBay. And that's scary cause what if those prints that arrive to them get's damaged? You'll see in 2 weeks time when they start arriving home there will be 4-5 pages worth of this print on sale on the bay. Now to wait on Stout's lottery sale. This time gonna use my gmail addy. Never have I won one of his lotteries using my hotmail addy. This time, it's gonna be different. Let's face it, I'm getting bubkiss yet again. :(
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    Wish I'd know about Stout's Avengers poster earlier today :(
    It's better you didn't know. I'm still traumatized. I went from being ecstatic thinking I scored a variant, to crashing when I realized I actually didn't. This must be how coke addicts feel after a binge :(
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    demetrios wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

I'm shocked too. I'm pretty good scoring those 100 s/n print sales but 1000? :shock: Mondo is pretty much a breeding site for flippers any way's. There's already 2 pages worth of listening on today's print on eBay. And that's scary cause what if those prints that arrive to them get's damaged? You'll see in 2 weeks time when they start arriving home there will be 4-5 pages worth of this print on sale on the bay. Now to wait on Stout's lottery sale. This time gonna use my gmail addy. Never have I won one of his lotteries using my hotmail addy. This time, it's gonna be different. Let's face it, I'm getting bubkiss yet again. :(
    Pretty sure Mondo holds extras of posters in case any of their prints get damaged in shipment/packaging.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

Pretty sure Mondo holds extras of posters in case any of their prints get damaged in shipment/packaging.

Yeah but I doubt they will hold many extras on the side, especially on a demanding print like this one.
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,016
    HA Funny . I thought this would be a dead thread....

Please please :)
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2