The Black Keys Thread

Comments

• 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    solid tickets on ticketmaster for the united center tonight if you need some

sec 233 row 2. that's stone's side, first section
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    corduroy10 wrote:
    Toronto's show was great! Check out the sweet Brad Klausen poster:
    http://www.artillerydesign.com/main.php

Nice going to a non PJ show and finding a Klausen
    I didn't see any posters last night but the t-shirt selection was very disappointing. $30 for a shirt that was, literally, thinner than the undershirt I was wearing? No thanks.
  • GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    Not a shirt guy myself, so I didn't pick one up. But the show was amazing. 3 minute burst of energy. Arctic Monkeys were good as well.

I with the Keys would vary their setlists, but it's the same all tour long. But very good stuff nonetheless
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    GD274660 wrote:
    Not a shirt guy myself, so I didn't pick one up. But the show was amazing. 3 minute burst of energy. Arctic Monkeys were good as well.

I with the Keys would vary their setlists, but it's the same all tour long. But very good stuff nonetheless
    Heh. Yeah. On the way there, my friend was going on and on about how he really was hoping they'd play "Brooklyn Bound." I'd been checking the setlists and knew that the chances were between slim and none but I didn't want to say anything to rain on his parade.
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    Great show by the Keys in Chicago last night....still a bit perplexed by the UC choice...oh well...guess they're making money. Aragon is perfect for these guys. I thought the poster by Crosshair was lousy.....Chicago poster artists are really weak. Liked the shirts a lot. Got the grey one with Black Keys in red writing...its a good time...just a shit venue for them.
  • NYCPJNYCPJ nyc Posts: 761
    cuseoscar wrote:
    NYCPJ wrote:
    cuseoscar wrote:
    NYCPJ wrote:
    Great show tonight at MSG

Here are a few photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jlbnyc/set ... 209476542/

Those are great pics and the show was amazing. I'm considering going again next week. I cant find any good bootlegs out there. Hopefully they start popping up.

What camera took those pics?

Sony DSC HX1
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    I now have an extra floor ticket for the Portland show, face value of course.

PM me if interested.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Anyone have a pair of extra tix for the 4/25 Austin show???
  • En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,622
    I may be disappointed that they don't mix up their sets, but the fact that they are playing Little Black Submarines and Nova Baby so the setlists look good!

Still don't have a ticket, but will def be at the Milwaukee show. The hardest and most stressful part will be getting that frigging poster.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    I may be disappointed that they don't mix up their sets, but the fact that they are playing Little Black Submarines and Nova Baby so the setlists look good!

Still don't have a ticket, but will def be at the Milwaukee show. The hardest and most stressful part will be getting that frigging poster.

If I get there early enough...I'll grab you one. I have box seats for the show, so the poster won't be killed and bent to smithers. Let me know if you want me to try and grab an extra
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204

I think your stressing yourself out over this poster pre-maturely. I've seen the Keys 4 times and never had an issue scoring a poster. Sure, if its EMEK or some other big name I can see it being hot flipper material. I doubt Milwaukee will get that insane of an artist. My bet is still on Crosshair. The shows not even sold out yet, you can still get lower level tickets on Tickemaster, should be plenty of posters to go around......
  • Looks like another home run poster for tonight's Cochella show. It's a beauty! I think, anyways... :D

http://insidetherockposterframe.blogspo ... r-for.html
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Looks like another home run poster for tonight's Cochella show. It's a beauty! I think, anyways... :D

http://insidetherockposterframe.blogspo ... r-for.html
    I think it's a beauty :thumbup:
    hey, where'd all these extra smilies come from :?
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    Awesome poster. Thankfully they're holding some back for next week so I'm getting there early to grab one and some of the Record Store Day stuff!

Can't wait!!!
  • En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,622

If I get there early enough...I'll grab you one. I have box seats for the show, so the poster won't be killed and bent to smithers. Let me know if you want me to try and grab an extra

That would be awesome! I do plan on getting there right away though so hope to be good
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026

That would be awesome! I do plan on getting there right away though so hope to be good

You have my number...so just let me knwo if you need one. We'll be getting there right after dinner. Or if you want to meet up and I can take it up to the suite with me for safe keeping until the show is over.
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Next Friday, Black Keys daily deal on http://www.popmarket.com
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Is this the official Black Keys thread?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710

nah, this one has more pages ;)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Austin show was good. Crazy to see them in an arena! I wish they'd start playing longer shows. They have enough material and $50 ticket prices should get you more than 85 minutes.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Austin show was good. Crazy to see them in an arena! I wish they'd start playing longer shows. They have enough material and $50 ticket prices should get you more than 85 minutes.

Agreed. I really like them, but this might be my last show for a while because of it.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    ComeToTX wrote:

Agreed. I really like them, but this might be my last show for a while because of it.

the arena venue or the ticket price?

ive chosen not to see them on their next tour of oz cause i cant stand the thought of seeing them in an arena. ive always seen them in small venues and i cant deal with the transition.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Poster for the Denver show by Royersford, PA own Tom Whalen :D
    523210_10150863922095309_8746730308_12430129_1035589286_n.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957

That is fucking awesome! :lol:
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Heisenberg wrote:

Awesome poster. I think it said it's his first gig poster.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,973
    Great show in Salt Lake last night.

The poster wasnt anything great, I dont have a pic of it yet, but I bought it just so... but I didnt really hold out hope that it would be a stellar print anyway. Just figured SLC wouldnt get a ton of love.

As for the MUSIC... What a fuckin time! 2nd time I've seen them in SLC and it was great to see them play to a much larger crowd than last time. Although that music snob in me doesnt want anyone to know about great bands that peform live, I am happy they have such a huge following from their latest albums.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

Awesome poster. I think it said it's his first gig poster.

I thought so too, but talking to a friend he said he also supposedly did one for Flight Of The Concords and My Morning Jacket.

Also the poster is sold out. I messaged Tom and asked if he had any left (I wanted one) and he wrote back saying sorry man but they are sold out. When i was talking to my friend last night who knows him he said that he might be making extra prints though. The reason is Dan & Patrick want one. They rarely see the posters but I guess they saw this one and really liked it, but couldn't get one cause they were sold out.

edit: I don't think he did one for MMJ, couldn't find anything. He should do one for Pearl Jam :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Wow, everyone at work buzzing over The Black Keys show Friday night in Oakland at the arena where the NBA Warriors play. Any apprehension that they couldn't hold an arena audience was misplaced. Their sound was MADE for massive PA systems, my gawd, so thick and lush, just lovin' it all night! They had that place rocking straight up to the rafters, nearly everyone standing and rockin' all night!

Twenty songs over 90 minutes, my fav part was 7-8 songs in when they played a handful just the two of them. Turned to my friend and said, "Whoa, I could stand here and let that sound WASH over me all night!" Sound was just excellent, everything dialed in just right, distinct yet deafening!

So funny, they really haven't been on my radar, some twist in my head had them confused with Alicia Keys/Black Eyed Peas or something and just never really gave 'em a moment. Turns out I've been rocking out to a number of their songs for awhile now on the radio, just didn't know it was them! Friend scores tix and gives me a CD to listen to, and I'm hooked!

After that show, wow, right in my wheel works, exactly what rock should sound like, some swagger, some crunch, a lot of thump and thunder. Wow!

And they dedicated their last song to MCA saying "Lets go wild for him!" And we did!

Got there late and missed the Sperry poster. Awesome that Soto/Sperry and the usual cast doing their gig posters. WHALEN POSTER! OMG! These guys are awesome.
    [sic] happens