***CHICAGO WHITE SOX***

Comments

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    ive been saying this for about a year: beckham is not a major league ball player. i hope they send him down.

im really happy too. like many, i came in with very low expectations. im just going to enjoy this while it lasts.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    davidtrios wrote:
    ive been saying this for about a year: beckham is not a major league ball player. i hope they send him down.

im really happy too. like many, i came in with very low expectations. im just going to enjoy this while it lasts.

Didn't one of you guys call him the next Jeter a couple years back?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

:oops: :fp: :-D
    davidtrios wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

:oops: :fp: :-D

:lol::lol::lol: I found it and was going to bump it but didn't want to be too much of a dick.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

HA. :nono: :fp: Definitely wasn't me. He came up his rookie year and had a solid 2nd half of the season....since then, it has been all downhill.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    davidtrios wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Via MLBTR.

White Sox might be willing to give up Beckham for A-Gon. Please do, please keep him away from Boston.

This is BS. Beckman is gonna be the next Jeter. No way would they trade for AGone.

:fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

HA. :nono: :fp: Definitely wasn't me. He came up his rookie year and had a solid 2nd half of the season....since then, it has been all downhill.

Yeah, I hear you. Been a rough couple years. Still young but not looking good.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    So far. Althought Beckham and Morel are both hitting .160 :fp: One of those guys has to turn it around...can't have 2 automatic outs like that in the 8 and 9 spots.

Morel has started to turn it. not that long ago he was batting like .070 or so.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    fact: the white sox can't hit soft tossing lefties
    fact: kurt suzuki is a sox killer.

i hope they can take rubber match today
    davidtrios wrote:
    fact: the white sox can't hit soft tossing lefties
    fact: kurt suzuki is a sox killer.

i hope they can take rubber match today

fact: the Sox cannot hit pitchers that they have never faced before. They ALWAYS get dominated by guys like that. Should have bet the A's big last night.
    congrats to Konerko. #400!
    davidtrios wrote:
    congrats to Konerko. #400!

AND he ties up the game in the 9th. Very nice.

Hawk better relax up there win the booth....he's going to have a heart attack this season if he keeps this up. He was screaming like a maniac when PK hit that one out.
    Ooppps....

I miss being at the coliseum..wonder if rye went today
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Where is bobby when you need him...

At the bar
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    That was fucking brutal yesterday. I tried telling myself that I wasn't goign to get sucked in to the Sox this year, but it has already happened.

Santiago is obviously not a closer. Already given up 4 HRs in just over 6 IP. He has already lost 2 games this year....just like last April when Thornton shit down his leg as the closer. I would try Reed as closer...he seems to be the type of guy that has the balls to close.
    That was fucking brutal yesterday. I tried telling myself that I wasn't goign to get sucked in to the Sox this year, but it has already happened.

Santiago is obviously not a closer. Already given up 4 HRs in just over 6 IP. He has already lost 2 games this year....just like last April when Thornton shit down his leg as the closer. I would try Reed as closer...he seems to be the type of guy that has the balls to close.

remind me...who did they get in the sergio trade?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

remind me...who did they get in the sergio trade?

Some minor league....Nestor Molina I think it was? The guy is in AA I'm pretty sure. That Santos trade still doesn't make sense to me. He has struggled this year and is on the DL, but still made no sense.
    robin said he is sticking to santiago despite how bad he's been. he is known for his screwball but has only thrown it 4 times this year. i heard on the radio he was complaining about the seams on the major league baseball being different than the minor league one. what a crock iof shit in my opinion.
    davidtrios wrote:
    robin said he is sticking to santiago despite how bad he's been. he is known for his screwball but has only thrown it 4 times this year. i heard on the radio he was complaining about the seams on the major league baseball being different than the minor league one. what a crock iof shit in my opinion.

Well thats a pretty big fucking problem. How many games does this guy have to blow for a change to be made?
    anybody going to friday's game?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Ventura has no clue how to handle a pitching staff. Will this organization EVER realize that Thornton isn't a closer??
    Detroit stole one last night. Sox stole one today. Dunn hit the shit out of that ball. Even better that it came against that obnoxious asshole Valverde.
    Pleasantly surprised by Peavy, Dunn, and Rios. I don't know what the hell this team is doing with Chris Sale. First he's a starter, then a closer, he may go back to the rotation and now he needs an MRI. But they claim he isn't hurt....WTF?? Also, when you have 4 regulars hitting .220 or lower (Beckham, Morel, Viciedo, Ramirez), it's tough to win games. Lucky to be only 15-17 at this point.
    Pleasantly surprised by Peavy, Dunn, and Rios. I don't know what the hell this team is doing with Chris Sale. First he's a starter, then a closer, he may go back to the rotation and now he needs an MRI. But they claim he isn't hurt....WTF?? Also, when you have 4 regulars hitting .220 or lower (Beckham, Morel, Viciedo, Ramirez), it's tough to win games. Lucky to be only 15-17 at this point.

Beckham has been hitting decent the last couple of weeks. could his two year slump be over?

i'm not suprised by Dunn or Rios playing well. if you look at their career numbers, they pointed to last year beign a fluke.

while peavy has pitched well, his motion just doesn't look right. too much upper body explosion to stay healthy long term. hope i'm wrong tho.

Sale is weird. might be the next Wood.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Beckham has been hitting decent the last couple of weeks. could his two year slump be over?

i'm not suprised by Dunn or Rios playing well. if you look at their career numbers, they pointed to last year beign a fluke.

while peavy has pitched well, his motion just doesn't look right. too much upper body explosion to stay healthy long term. hope i'm wrong tho.

Sale is weird. might be the next Wood.

True. Beckham has went from .180 to .220. Hopefully he has figured it out, but I won't hold my breath.

We'll see about Peavy. He has been nasty so far this year.

The way the Sox are handling this thing with Sale is weird. It sure seems like Cooper is making decisions over there and not Ventura. I thought the circus was over with Ozzie out of town.
    The way the Sox are handling this thing with Sale is weird. It sure seems like Cooper is making decisions over there and not Ventura.

none of that makes sense. just read a couple of articles on the trib about it. they seem clueless. if the elbow is fine post MRI, put him back in the starter role and monitor him closely. limit pitch counts if need be...skip a start here and there.. but you can't shuffle him back and forth.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The way the Sox are handling this thing with Sale is weird. It sure seems like Cooper is making decisions over there and not Ventura.

none of that makes sense. just read a couple of articles on the trib about it. they seem clueless. if the elbow is fine post MRI, put him back in the starter role and monitor him closely. limit pitch counts if need be...skip a start here and there.. but you can't shuffle him back and forth.

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous. Don't know what the hell is going on. If the guy is hurt, he is hurt. Put him on the DL. I don't see what difference moving him to the bullpen would make if he is having elbow issues. :fp:

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous. Don't know what the hell is going on. If the guy is hurt, he is hurt. Put him on the DL. I don't see what difference moving him to the bullpen would make if he is having elbow issues. :fp:

happens all the time. take Kerry Wood as the prime example of a pitcher with arm troubles that could start, but can't because of it.

100% agree they should have done the mri last week if they thought it was a real issue
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788
    Safe to say...

Adam Dunn has already wrapped up "Comeback Player Of The Year"

Im happy for the guy....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    and Sale back to the starter role today. :crazy:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg