Options

EV RSD Got one to trade

2»

Comments

• Options
    dugangsxrdugangsxr Covington KY Posts: 674
    GEEZ...........Next time I will just go to ebay.....so sorry for trying to hook up ten club members....this is a f*c*ing joke!!! I will become a real flipper....and half of you will be buying my products.......can't ever win!

A flipper to me is someone who buys a backpack from ten club and sells it for hundreds of dollars OR someone who gets the lucky opportunity of getting a white backspacer lp and a week later selling it for a fortune....all I did was get lucky and get more than 1 lp and hooking one ten club member up and the other doing an even trade...

everything anyone puts on here for sale/trade is now a flipper...correct!!!!!!!??????? ok....now....done....
    Paul D.
  • Options
    dugangsxr wrote:

everything anyone puts on here for sale/trade is now a flipper...correct!!!!!!!??????? ok....now....done....

no, that's not correct. people who buy multiples for personal gain is a flipper. and it's in especially poor taste to do it the day the damn thing went on sale.

also, it's how you talked to others who didn't get one. it's not all that cool to rub in everyone's noses that you "got up that early" and everyone else is "salty becuase they didn't get their asses out of bed early enough". gimme a break man. did you learn forum etiquette from Sawyer?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Ok you win...sorry you had to BUY one off EBAY from a FLIPPER...throwing in the towel now!
    Paul D.
  • Options
    dugangsxr wrote:
    Ok you win...sorry you had to BUY one off EBAY from a FLIPPER...throwing in the towel now!

I'm not looking to win anything,I'm just telling you what people here don't appreciate. And I had to buy one off ebay not because of people who bought multiples, it was because I'm in Canada and it was a US only release.

I'll admit I've flipped. I didn't intend to when I bought it, but yeah, I bought something and then later decided I no longer wanted it and put it on eBay and got market value. I'm not knocking your intentions, it just might be best not to do it here and/or so quickly, that's all.

but you got one for D, which was cool of you.

cheers man.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    tigers84tigers84 Greenville, SC Posts: 457
    All a bunch of babies. All of u. These boards have become a "look at how big a celebrity I am in the internet community". I believe 8 yr olds could leArn to trade/sell transformers more kindly than most of U.

Shame. U guys lust after physical property. Learn to put yourself last, not first. Emotion is the enemy, your heart can overcome the flaws.

Put kindness first.
    BUGS IN THE WAY, I FEEL ABOUT YOU
  • Options
    :D
    Paul D.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    im not gonna read all the thread,i just wanna say that OP get me an ev single and ask me face value + shipping to Greece,we made a deal more or less how much will be the shipping cost and if its more,he said he will cover the difference..
    thanks for the help Paul...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,075
    dugangsxr wrote:
    THE AUCTION HAS OFFICALLY CLOSED :lol::lol::lol::lol::D:D:D:D:lol: :P :P

For those HATERS out there....I did NOT receive any money or even pick the highest "bidder" :D:D I actually just traded for another 7" vinyl EVEN trade!!!!!!!!!!! I made out like a BANDIT :D:D I purchased ALL of them fair and square....and all at once and didnt do anything shady like buy one and go to my car and go back in.......such NONSENSE! I am thinking people are being salty b/c they didnt get up early enough...well guess what........I DID! I put in my 5 hrs and it NEVER has nor will cross my mind to sell them on the bay.......I simply thought I would hook someone up who is a true PJ fan and do an even trade (like everyone else does on here). I was GLAD to get the opportunity to get more than one and do a simple trade that would please both parties!!!!!! So I would suggest next RSD you get your ASSES up early and wait in line...and hit multiple stores like I did......sorry I just ran into some luck! The winner is going to appreciate it more than the others I believe...as will I enjoy my new item I am going to receive......so yes I did a simple trade....and for something that I wanted....not something that was way over the top or worth more than what others had offered!!!!! I cant believe some of the comments some people left over a simple trade!!!...no wait over my "auction" :D:D GEEZ!!!!!!

The auction has offically ENDED...........peace and love PJ fans!!!!! :mrgreen:

Your post is way funnier and much more readable if you parse out everything you capitalized.

"THE AUCTION HAS OFFICIALLY CLOSED...HATERS...NOT...EVEN...BANDIT...ALL...NONSENSE...DID...NEVER...PJ...GLAD...RSD...ASSES...
    GEEZ...ENDED...PJ." :lol:

For the record, this might or might not be flipping. Sorry dude.

Many people stood in line for hours too and were shut out. I give you no credit for getting lucky.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Meanwhile there was likely someone in line at that record store who is just as much of a fan as the OP, who didnt get the opportunity to buy this record because the OP took it upon himself to be the "delegater of fandom" by grabbing every copy available and then boasting about his devotion on here. I'll give you credit that you aren't one of the people selling it for $50 on ebay and that you (hopefully) made a fair trade with someone (which based on what Dimi said, you likely did), but this ridiculousness of 10 clubbers buying up as many of something as they can so they can decide for themselves who gets to be "devoted fans" and who doesn't is getting old. I hate that the rule around here is hoard as much as you can, even if you dont need/want it for yourself.
  • Options
    your move nowyour move now Posts: 1,165
    I just think you should be happy you got lucky rather than expect credit for it.

and it is flipping, you can say you just were trying to help people out all you like, but you were also insinuating that it was because of something you did over them that you have extras - it isn't and if you really wanted to just help people out it would be cost plus shipping not trying to get something out of it
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    Is this the thread where I post my vedder Lbc 7" and say I want to trade for a pj20 billboard???
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    DamiensDamiens Posts: 766
    This entire thread makes me sad. Okay OP probably should have not called everyone out on not getting up early enough but this was also after catching heat for the "auction" and being called a flipper. OP sold one at face plus shipping and looked to trade the other. Yes, they should have put a list of maybe items they wanted in trade (in essence a "price" if you will). However, they shouldn't be getting dogged on like this. They didn't sell it on eBay they're not asking crazy money. This whole forum is becoming a negative place where it is acceptable to sell some items at a HUGE markup (i.e. 1500 benny, 400 billboard, etc. etc.) and yet other items people get ripped on for trying to sell or trade at market value. I recently got hassled for selling a PJ vault 1 here for $80 rather than "giving it away". Look, EVERYONE is flipping here to some extent. The setlists being sold right now for $100 did not cost $100 orginally, the Binaural for $200 didn't cost $200 originally. To be clear, these are fair, market prices and I feel those items are completely worth that. It's fair. Yes, OP should have posted a "price" for their trade and not have implied people that didn't score were just lazy, but everyone shouldn't be dogpiling them as a "flipper" either. It's mean and silly. 90% of the people here would have bought all three of the EV's, OP did two people on here right with the extras in what sounded fair. Let's move on and stop picking on each other. If you want to give your stuff away, cool. If you want to sell your stuff at market value or trade your stuff at market value that's cool too. Neither one makes you a better fan / person. Let's just be nice and stop ripping on each other all the time. It's a forum about music and band that supports kindness.
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    Damiens wrote:
    This entire thread makes me sad. Okay OP probably should have not called everyone out on not getting up early enough but this was also after catching heat for the "auction" and being called a flipper. OP sold one at face plus shipping and looked to trade the other. Yes, they should have put a list of maybe items they wanted in trade (in essence a "price" if you will). However, they shouldn't be getting dogged on like this. They didn't sell it on eBay they're not asking crazy money. This whole forum is becoming a negative place where it is acceptable to sell some items at a HUGE markup (i.e. 1500 benny, 400 billboard, etc. etc.) and yet other items people get ripped on for trying to sell or trade at market value. I recently got hassled for selling a PJ vault 1 here for $80 rather than "giving it away". Look, EVERYONE is flipping here to some extent. The setlists being sold right now for $100 did not cost $100 orginally, the Binaural for $200 didn't cost $200 originally. To be clear, these are fair, market prices and I feel those items are completely worth that. It's fair. Yes, OP should have posted a "price" for their trade and not have implied people that didn't score were just lazy, but everyone shouldn't be dogpiling them as a "flipper" either. It's mean and silly. 90% of the people here would have bought all three of the EV's, OP did two people on here right with the extras in what sounded fair. Let's move on and stop picking on each other. If you want to give your stuff away, cool. If you want to sell your stuff at market value or trade your stuff at market value that's cool too. Neither one makes you a better fan / person. Let's just be nice and stop ripping on each other all the time. It's a forum about music and band that supports kindness.
    nicely said
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    Damiens wrote:

I 100% agree with you. The way people act on this board and sense of entitlement makes me sad.
    I don't get that it's ok to sell a benaroya hall for $1300, but not ok to trade a 7" for fair market price.
    People get way too selfish on here.
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
  • Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,075
    Damiens wrote:

I 100% agree with you. The way people act on this board and sense of entitlement makes me sad.
    I don't get that it's ok to sell a benaroya hall for $1300, but not ok to trade a 7" for fair market price.
    People get way too selfish on here.

With all the knowledge about how this place operates, its pretty hard to defend the guy and say he wasn't just begging for it. A $5.99 limited edition vinyl that everyone wants but he bought multiples of (which then shut others out of getting), being put on Lost Dogs the DAY it went on sale to a group known for its inconsistent approach as to what's flipping and what's not?

I feel no pity for the guy and the heat he's catching. He was begging for it. Also, to tell people, most of whom also waited in line for hours but got nothing, that he was somehow entitled to have 3 or sell it/trade it for whatever he wants because he waited in line for hours is going to piss people off. I was in line too and didn't get one, so to hear him pontificate about how entitled he is to do what he wants with it, especially because he has multiples, is a tad bit annoying.

So yeah...this thread and the OP got the responses he asked for. ;)
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    dugangsxr wrote:
    THE AUCTION HAS OFFICALLY CLOSED :lol::lol::lol::lol::D:D:D:D:lol: :P :P

For those HATERS out there....I did NOT receive any money or even pick the highest "bidder" :D:D I actually just traded for another 7" vinyl EVEN trade!!!!!!!!!!! I made out like a BANDIT :D:D I purchased ALL of them fair and square....and all at once and didnt do anything shady like buy one and go to my car and go back in.......such NONSENSE! I am thinking people are being salty b/c they didnt get up early enough...well guess what........I DID! I put in my 5 hrs and it NEVER has nor will cross my mind to sell them on the bay.......I simply thought I would hook someone up who is a true PJ fan and do an even trade (like everyone else does on here). I was GLAD to get the opportunity to get more than one and do a simple trade that would please both parties!!!!!! So I would suggest next RSD you get your ASSES up early and wait in line...and hit multiple stores like I did......sorry I just ran into some luck! The winner is going to appreciate it more than the others I believe...as will I enjoy my new item I am going to receive......so yes I did a simple trade....and for something that I wanted....not something that was way over the top or worth more than what others had offered!!!!! I cant believe some of the comments some people left over a simple trade!!!...no wait over my "auction" :D:D GEEZ!!!!!!

The auction has offically ENDED...........peace and love PJ fans!!!!! :mrgreen:

I don't mean to beat a dead horse here but since I was the original "HATER" I suppose I should say something. First off, I did get my ass up early. I was up at 5 am and waited 2.5 hours for the first store to open. All in all I hit 4 different stores, 3 of which I hit multiple times just so I could see some bands. I went home a couple times throughout the day but all in all I'd say I put in about 11 hours for RSD. So don't go around saying we didn't put in our time. The fact is that not a single store in my area got the EV. Believe me, I tried.

Honestly I'm happy for you, and I don't mean that with any sarcasm or snideness. I'm glad you got one cause you seem like a good guy. And I'm really glad you got one for Dimi, he's definitely a good guy. And I'm happy for whoever made that trade with you, they got hooked up. In the end everyone won and you didn't sell it on ebay. In the future set some terms for what you're looking for in terms of a trade. As in "I'll trade an EV straight up for _____". That's akin to setting a price. I just don't want to play a game where I put in an offer to someone then wait around all day and hope I "won" while that person is entertaining offers all day. For example, I'd rather buy something from someone who has the EV priced at $10 and it goes to whoever got to it first rather than the guy who doesn't post a price and takes the best offer at the end of the day. Whether it's cash or goods it's still an auction. All I'm saying is just set some terms in the future, this board will be a lot friendlier in general. But good on you for hooking a few people up, that was thoughtful.
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    Damiens wrote:

not sure why you would have gotten hassled for the Vault 1. that makes no sense. but the major differences between Binaural and Benny and this are that they came out 12 and 9 years ago, respectively, and this 7" came out YESTERDAY. There is an unwritten rule that to sell something at an inflated price, or market value, if you will, some significant time should pass to be acceptable. the selists are for charity, so please don't bring those into it.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,723
    Just thought I'd say I've always found the OP to be a real nice and genuine guy.

That's it.
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Next time can you get me a copy cause I'm a lazy ass that only went to 2 different record stores.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    How old do you have to be to be in the 10 Club?
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
This discussion has been closed.