Options

FT Edmonton EMEK for EV Oakland poster

DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
edited April 2012 in Lost Dogs
Title says most of it all. Missed out on the sale.

PM me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pm sent
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    What a horrible trade for the op....I would reconsider.
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    PJRock75 wrote:

seemed pretty fair to me.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Aussie357Aussie357 Posts: 649
    edited April 2012
    81 wrote:
    PJRock75 wrote:

seemed pretty fair to me.

Yup - pretty fair, and all up to the OP and potential traders. Give the OP a chance before you hijack it. Kinda sucks to shoot down something you are not a part of.
    IMHO.

Good luck with your trade :thumbup:
    Post edited by Aussie357 on
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    PJRock75 wrote:

How can it be a bad trade???? They both cost $37.50 right. Oh I guess your thinking in secondary market value :cry: That makes people crazy all the time :D
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    Slow down everybody...I have an opinion and I stated it...not based on 2nd market value(I could care f'n less what these both go for) but on my opinion of the quality of the art. Relax before you crucify everybody you see fit...totalitarianism doesn't belong in the 10c.
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,782
    Nice vocabulary builder:)
    PJRock75 wrote:
    Slow down everybody...I have an opinion and I stated it...not based on 2nd market value(I could care f'n less what these both go for) but on my opinion of the quality of the art. Relax before you crucify everybody you see fit...totalitarianism doesn't belong in the 10c.
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Options
    GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,782
    Although EMEK is a poster hero, star wars is epic!!
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Options
    PJRock75 wrote:

Please don't take offense - it was not intended, and no one is trying to crucify you.
    Stating that you think it is a "horrible" trade based on YOUR taste in art has nothing to do with the thread and what the OP is trying to achieve. His tastes and your tastes are obviously worlds apart, and that's ok - that's why this is his thread.
    No totalitarianism here at all! Supporting someone in what they want, for whatever reason they may want it, just seems way more positive and productive than giving an unsolicited, somewhat appearingly negative opinion on something that you are neither buying or selling.
    This is just MY humble opinion.
    It's possible that I may have mis-understood your post, and if that is the case, then I apologize - like I said, no offense intended.
    Cheers!
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • Options
    PJRock75 wrote:

I was not attacking you. Usualy when people say its a bad trade its due to the secondary value. This trade offer is one of only a few I have ever seen some one doing the "right" thing and trading it for a same tour poster and not wanting more based on secondary market.

I too enjoy the Emek print much more than the Star Wars print. But its awfully nice to see some one trade with out a value attached.

You have to admit the conversation is much more interesting than a "BUMP" :D

Now come on lets get this trade done :D
  • Options
    I rather bump....so be it. Still, IMO, different levels of artistic appreciation, but an opinion is an opinion and a want is a want....and the op wants what he/she wants
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    PJRock75 wrote:

Rock, no 1 is trying to crucify you. You gave a negative opinion about someone else's trade. They gave their opinions about your comment. Its all just opinions but it can rub people the wrong way when others make comments about trades/sales they're not even apart of. Especially when they're blatantly negative comments. It can come across like your just trying to dump on someone else's trade, even if that was'nt your intention. Your deffinitely welcome to your own opinion but why would your opinion on the quality of the art have any bearing to the op or potential trader? Its cool if you don't love Star Wars or Indians but maybe the op does, I know I do.. :ugeek:
  • Options
    Timewaits4no1Timewaits4no1 Posts: 386
    edited April 2012
    Ugh..
    Post edited by Timewaits4no1 on
  • Options
    Dwhite76 wrote:
    "I was not attacking you. Usualy when people say its a bad trade its due to the secondary value. This trade offer is one of only a few I have ever seen some one doing the "right" thing and trading it for a same tour poster and not wanting more based on secondary market"

"Now come on lets get this trade done" :D

Concerning the trade value, the E-beans 6mos avg are $12.00 off soo pretty close

As for the trade... I wanted to. The trade was accepted but unfortunately now after the fact, some1 undercut the whole thing by offering the op an Oakland for sale. So a big Thanks to whoever did that, thus making the op completely renege on our trade after it had already been accepted by me. :evil:[/quote]
  • Options
    Well, I am sorry for coming across the wrong way and art is open to interpretation and appreciation at every individual level...thus, the true beauty of art ;)

On a side note, shady thing to hijack your trade...I can assure you that it was NOT me as I def never owned an Oakland to trade for to begin with and was lucky enough to get the Edmonton during the sale.
    And on another note....I love star wars (the original 3) and Indians, but only Indians when it comes to posters.
  • Options
    Dwhite76 wrote:
    "I was not attacking you. Usualy when people say its a bad trade its due to the secondary value. This trade offer is one of only a few I have ever seen some one doing the "right" thing and trading it for a same tour poster and not wanting more based on secondary market"

Concerning the trade value, the E-beans 6mos avg are $12.00 off soo pretty close

As for the trade... I wanted to. The trade was accepted but unfortunately now after the fact, some1 undercut the whole thing by offering the op an Oakland for sale. So a big Thanks to whoever did that, thus making the op completely renege on our trade after it had already been accepted by me. :evil:
    [/quote]

Thay completely sucks about someone mowing your grass (unintentionally) after the deal was agreed upon - sorry to hear that. It's a real shame that Duncs didn't give you first option if you had already agreed - seems like the right thing to do.
    I may have someone who would do the trade - will keep you posted.
    Cheers.
  • Options
    PJRock75 wrote:
    Well, I am sorry for coming across the wrong way and art is open to interpretation and appreciation at every individual level...thus, the true beauty of art ;)

On a side note, shady thing to hijack your trade...I can assure you that it was NOT me as I def never owned an Oakland to trade for to begin with and was lucky enough to get the Edmonton during the sale.
    And on another note....I love star wars (the original 3) and Indians, but only Indians when it comes to posters.
    Nice job PjRock, that's a straight up thing to do. I totally agree, art in all its forms is deffinitely open to interpretation. Thanks for letting me know you weren't apart of it.

Aussie357~ Yeah, that sucks but I appreciate the support. If you hear anything or know anyone interested just hit me up. Thanks man..
  • Options
    Dwhite76 wrote:

As for the trade... I wanted to. The trade was accepted but unfortunately now after the fact, some1 undercut the whole thing by offering the op an Oakland for sale. So a big Thanks to whoever did that, thus making the op completely renege on our trade after it had already been accepted by me. :evil:
    [/quote]

I had no idea you guys had a trade worked out. I must of missed that some where. Im very sorry to hear that they reneged on the trade. Its wrong. It all boils down to the persons core being. Sorry for hearing that.