Options

GIVEAWAY- WINNER Soundgarden Telephantasm Download code

DamiensDamiens Posts: 766
edited April 2012 in Lost Dogs
Another from the Best Buy liquidation. I already have the album in mp3 and the vinyl I just got also comes with a download. It's pretty sweet, entire album in 320kbps mp3 sourced directly from vinyl playback.

So we have a TON of leftover ham from Easter so I'm going to reward the download code to whoever can provide the best recipe for all this leftover ham. Soup, casserole, sandwich, go crazy. My wife and I will review all posts this Sunday at 3pm PST. Points will be awarded for yummyness, creativity and overall ham usage. Winning recipe will receive the download code and we'll make your recipe for dinner that Sunday.

So there you have it, you get some Soundgarden I get rid of leftovers.

WINNER!!!
There were a lot of great recipes, but the one that took the cake was the recipe that my wife has dubbed "The Pearl Ham". It is the wonderful sandwich that Kayenta Coffee submitted. It is a sandwich so good it could make Dirty Frank go back to regular food.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    Heartland Ham Casserole

Stuff:
      2 cups cubed potatoes 2 cups cubed cooked ham 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn (drained) 1/4 cup finely minced fresh parsley 1/4 cup butter 1 TBS chopped onions 1/3 cup flour 1 3/4 cups milk 1/8 tsp ground black pepper 4 ounces shredded Velveeta

Do:
      Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool. Combine potatoes, ham, corn and parsley; set aside. In a saucepan saute onion in butter for 2 minutes, stir in flour until blended well. Gradually add milk and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and pour over the ham mixture. Stir to mix well. Pour into greased 11x7 baking dish. Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer until cheese melts.
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
    Cinnamon-Apple Ham

Cook Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes

Total Time: 2 hours, 42 minutes

Ingredients:

1 (5-7) pound ham, fully cooked
    1/2 cup apple jelly
    3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
    1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
    Preparation:

Soak about 4 hickory wood chunks in water and drain. Clean and trim excess fat from ham. Preheat grill and prepare for indirect cooking with a large drip pan under where the ham will go. Pour in hot tap water to fill pan half full.Add soaked wood chips to the fire. Oil hot grid to help prevent sticking. Place ham on grid directly above drip pan. Grill ham, on a covered grill 20-30 minutes per pound, until meat thermometer in thickest part registers 140 degrees F. For best flavor, cook slowly over low coals, adding a few briquettes to both sides of the fire every hour, or as necessary, to maintain a constant temperature. Add more hickory chips every 20-30 minutes. While the ham cooks, combine apple-cinnamon glaze in bowl. Brush ham with mixture several times during the last hour of cooking. Let ham stand 10 minutes before carving.

Not mine but my favorite.
  • Options
    HAM & SWISS CASSEROLE

8 oz package noodles, cooked and drained
    2 cups cooked cubed ham
    2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
    1 can cream of celery soup, undiluted
    1 cup sour cream
    3/4 cup each chopped green bell pepper and onion

Spray a 9×13 pan. Put a third of the noodles, ham and cheese in the bottom. In a bowl, combine soup, sour cream, bell pepper and onion. Spread half over the top and repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350, for about 45 minutes or until heated through. This serves about 6 people.
    Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006; Madison Square Garden - Jun 24, 2008; Madison Square Garden - Jun 25, 2008; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 28, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 30, 2009; Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009; The Prudential Center - May 18, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010

Tres MTS. - Gramercy - Mar 26, 2011
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,606
    I don't need the download, just got Telephantasm today. Here are a couple of recipes though, since I'm trying to use up my ham as well!

I found this soup on the Cooking Light message board. It was super easy, and AWESOME. I used the dried beans as it called for, and although I was skeptical that they would be done, they were perfect.

The second recipe is an egg bake that I've been making. Obviously just sub in your ham instead of the Oscar Mayer. I've been putting broccoli in mine as well.

This was really easy to throw together. I know I added more carrots and celery that was called for. I checked mine at the 9 hour mark and my beans were cooked through. Cookbook recommends serving with chopped red onion and sour cream. Original recipe calls for a ham hock but I wanted to use up one of the ham bones I had in the freezer ... before I add another one at Christmas.

Black Bean Soup
    Slow Cooker Revolution
    Yield: 11 1-cup servings

3 whole onions -- minced
    6 whole garlic cloves -- minced
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    2 tablespoons chili powder
    3 cups chicken broth
    3 cups water
    1 pound dried black beans
    3 stalks celery -- minced
    2 whole carrots -- minced
    2 whole bay leaves
    1 whole ham bones
    2 tablespoons fresh cilantro

Microwave onions, garlic, oil and chili powder in a bowl, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker.

Stir water, broth, beans, celery, carrots and bay leaves into slow cooker. Nestle ham bone in. Cover and cook until beans are tender, 9 to 11 hours on low or 5 to 7 hours on high.

Transfer ham bone to cutting board, let cool slightly and shred meat into bite-sized pieces, discarding bone. Let soup settle for 5 minutes and then remove fat from the surface using a slotted spoon. Discard bay leaves.

Transfer 1 cup of beans to a bowl and mash with a potato masher. Stir shredded ham and mashed beans back into soup and let sit until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro and season with salt and pepper to taste.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 223 Calories; 5g Fat; 13g Protein; 32g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/bre ... 12213.aspx

What You Need

1 can (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
    1 pkg. (8 oz.) OSCAR MAYER Smoked Ham, chopped
    6 eggs
    1/2 cup milk
    1/2 tsp. pepper
    1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
    1 cup KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Make It

HEAT oven to 350ºF.

UNROLL dough in 13x9-inch baking dish; press to cover bottom of dish, firmly pressing perforations and seams together to seal. Top with ham.

WHISK eggs, milk and pepper until blended; pour over ham. Top with cheeses.

BAKE 25 min. or until center is set.
  • Options
    One more day BUMP

We're picking a winner on Sunday, great recipes so far!
  • Options
    One last bump
  • Options
    ciabatta bread, inside coated with spicy mayo
    sliced ham
    sweet peppers
    carrots
    onions
    mushrooms
    pepperjack cheese
    put ham on one side, veggies and cheese on the other
    toast open face in toaster oven or regular oven, then put together, cut in half, and devour

thank me later
    that's the moss from the aforementioned verse...
  • Options
    WINNING ANNOUNCEMENT BUMP (winner is listed at the top)