Options

TO GIFT OR NOT TO GIFT CALCULATOR... ppcalc.com

starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
edited April 2012 in Lost Dogs
here's for all of you who have buyers not wanting to pay via gift... enjoy if you didn;t know about this.

for instance, to receive $60, buyer needs to pay $62.10.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,257
    I don't know where people get this from I have sent money as gifts several times with no fees to either party? Is this a new thing?
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    no the problem is that if you send a gift payment, you have no recourse through paypal if the deal goes bad. ppl send gift pmts cuz it saves fees. i say just calculate that into your asking price...

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,354
    Horse2345 wrote:
    I don't know where people get this from I have sent money as gifts several times with no fees to either party? Is this a new thing?
    i always pay fees no matter gift or good cos of internanational payment
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    Horse2345 wrote:
    if both of you have your bank account linked with paypal- you usually don't have to pay that extra fee.

and I agree with dangerboy- just calculate the fee into the price.
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    right, people have been bitching about not being able to get a refund when gifting money through paypal so this is the easy solution... have them pay the fee and this calculator does the work for you.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    It's 2.9% + $0.30 for US transactions (purchases, not gift payments). Gets more complicated with international/credit card.