***CHICAGO WHITE SOX***

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    davidtrios wrote:
    i hate rios too. he had the lowest OPS in the majors last year yet he's the most arrogant player on the team. what the fuck has he done to be so damn cocky?

I don't know if he's cocky or what. He just has that kind of care-free approach. Everyone says that he is a ridiculous athlete, but just doesn't have that fire. I dont know what it is, but KW picking up that contract is one of the worst moves in White Sox history. Stuck with this asshole through 2014 at about $14 million/year.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    if he can get his average back up to a respectable level, i have no problem with rios. he is a solid fielder and makes a lot of tough plays. his bat has been aweful
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    De Aza and AJ are on fire right now. good to see this team breakout offensively.
  • davidtrios wrote:
    De Aza and AJ are on fire right now. good to see this team breakout offensively.

We whoopin' some ass today.
    05/19/06 Grand Rapids, MI
    05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
    09/03/11 Alpine Valley, WI
    09/04/11 Alpine Valley, WI
    davidtrios wrote:

We whoopin' some ass today.

:thumbup: :)
    davidtrios wrote:

Not a bad start. We'll see how they fare against Detroit this weekend. Pretty sure the Sox will miss Verlander this series which is a very good thing. :D
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    :?

2 solid starts by Peavy....
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    1st place.. No prob against Detroit so far..
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    i'll give you a bump for Humber's perfect game ;) . Congrats!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    Mercy

Missed the game running errands
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    not bad from their num 5 starter! :corn:
    davidtrios wrote:

That was awesome. Humber dominated. He showed some major balls throwing a 3-2 hook to Saunders in the 9th...that was bad ass.
    davidtrios wrote:

That was awesome. Humber dominated. He showed some major balls throwing a 3-2 hook to Saunders in the 9th...that was bad ass.

big time balls, i thought the fastball was coming for sure
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788
    UMMMMM....

Thank You Mr. Umpire....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    i hate to say it but:

dont stop now boys
    davidtrios wrote:
    i hate to say it but:

dont stop now boys
    So?

Did he swing?

Or was the ump being "One hell of a generous guy"???????
    am i reading the stats right?

Rios is hitting over 300

Dunn is at nearly a hit every 4 at bats

Peavy hasn't blown anything out

:shock:

get gordo and morel going and you got yourself the makings of a pretty solid offense.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    davidtrios wrote:
    i hate to say it but:

dont stop now boys
    So?

Did he swing?

Or was the ump being "One hell of a generous guy"???????

it was a make up on the Joyce blown call.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Dunn is on a pace for...

30Hrs
    240 Strikeouts.....

hehehehehe

That would actually be an improvement from last year!!!

hehehehehehehehehehehe
    i dont know if he swung but he shouldve ran to first. the ump made the call and it's on the dumbass batter at that point.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    davidtrios wrote:
    i dont know if he swung but he shouldve ran to first. the ump made the call and it's on the dumbass batter at that point.

part of me thinks he didn't want to break up the guy's perfect game on a play like that ... i mean if you are gonna swing at a pitch that reaches the backstop ... you really should just go back to the dugout ... :lol:
    polaris_x wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

part of me thinks he didn't want to break up the guy's perfect game on a play like that ... i mean if you are gonna swing at a pitch that reaches the backstop ... you really should just go back to the dugout ... :lol:

you think the batter didnt run the first on purpose? interesting.
    by the way he reacted, he couldve fooled me. the guy looked livid.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    davidtrios wrote:
    you think the batter didnt run the first on purpose? interesting.

yeah ... pure speculation ... he was for sure angry ... but he should be angry at himself for swinging at a pitch that far outside ... anyways ... i dunno ... i know if it was me - i wouldn't want to break it up like that ... draw a walk is fine but that seems cheesy ... it just looks like he was going to run then decided to argue it instead ...
    edited April 2012
    polaris_x wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:
    you think the batter didnt run to first on purpose? interesting.

yeah ... pure speculation ... he was for sure angry ... but he should be angry at himself for swinging at a pitch that far outside ... anyways ... i dunno ... i know if it was me - i wouldn't want to break it up like that ... draw a walk is fine but that seems cheesy ... it just looks like he was going to run then decided to argue it instead ...

just re-watched it on youtube and youre right, the guy started then stopped. humber should buy brendon ryan a rolex
    Post edited by davidtrios on
    davidtrios wrote:

Some of the shots I have seen look like he swung. He didn't break his wrists, but the bat definitely crossed the plate.
    81 wrote:
    am i reading the stats right?

Rios is hitting over 300

Dunn is at nearly a hit every 4 at bats

Peavy hasn't blown anything out

:shock:

get gordo and morel going and you got yourself the makings of a pretty solid offense.

Dunn and Rios couldnt get any worse from last year, right?

Morel and Beckham are both awful at the plate. I have much more confidence that Morel can turn it around. I have zero confidence in Beckham...I dont know what the hell happened to that guy.
    Peavy with the 3 hit shutout. I have been so wrong about this team so far this year and I couldn't be happier. :D
    I have been so wrong about this team so far this year and I couldn't be happier. :D

i was all about the if's performing

so far they have.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    I have been so wrong about this team so far this year and I couldn't be happier. :D

i was all about the if's performing

so far they have.

So far. Althought Beckham and Morel are both hitting .160 :fp: One of those guys has to turn it around...can't have 2 automatic outs like that in the 8 and 9 spots.