Shameless on Showtime

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    I keep hearing amazing things about this show but I don't have Showtime :( Yesterday I was at my sister's and we were prepping for some serious Game of Thrones viewing but first she showed me the pilot episode of Shameless. Holy cow, what an amazing show!! The characters are all awesome and just totally over the top. Also love that it's based on the south-side of Chicago, used to spend quite a deal of time out there, ha! I've got a Shameless marathon coming in my future. :D
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    the one and only, Frank.

Watch%2BShameless%2BSeason%2B7%2BEpisode%2B4%2B-%2BEpisode%2B4.jpg

Yep :D
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Aga81Aga81 Posts: 808
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I keep hearing amazing things about this show but I don't have Showtime :( Yesterday I was at my sister's and we were prepping for some serious Game of Thrones viewing but first she showed me the pilot episode of Shameless. Holy cow, what an amazing show!! The characters are all awesome and just totally over the top. Also love that it's based on the south-side of Chicago, used to spend quite a deal of time out there, ha! I've got a Shameless marathon coming in my future. :D

|I don't have Showtie too, but try to find it in the Internet. I'm watching it on web :)
    Some may ask, "Why act now? Why not wait? - The answer is clear. The world could wait no longer

04.07.2012 ~ Berlin
    31.07.2012 ~ London
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Yeah, you definitely gotta check it out. Great show.
    JK_Livin wrote:
    chime wrote:
    May be look up the UK series to keep you going ;) Think we are halfway through the 9th season.
    Maybe. I heard that one is crazy compared to the US version.

I watched the first few episodes of the US version,the script is exactly the same but the characters and acting do not match in anyway to the original UK one.
    We are on the 9th season and it is getting more and more extreme in subject content.I will be interested in how as the US seasons continue they keep up with the extremes,as is seems that US tv has many more restrictions of what can be shown and accepted?

There is only one Frank and that is David Threlfall :D
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    stargirl69 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    chime wrote:
    May be look up the UK series to keep you going ;) Think we are halfway through the 9th season.
    Maybe. I heard that one is crazy compared to the US version.

I watched the first few episodes of the US version,the script is exactly the same but the characters and acting do not match in anyway to the original UK one.
    We are on the 9th season and it is getting more and more extreme in subject content.I will be interested in how as the US seasons continue they keep up with the extremes,as is seems that US tv has many more restrictions of what can be shown and accepted?

That's interesting. I wasn't a big fan of William H Macy before this show but I think he's awesome in this role. I can't imagine his character being more "Shameless". I'll have to check out the original but that's what I said about The Office and never got around to it. Thanks for the info.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    stargirl69 wrote:

The US version of Shameless is on Showtime which is a premium channel you have to pay extra for. Those channels don't have any restrictions on what they can show.
    stargirl69 wrote:

The US version of Shameless is on Showtime which is a premium channel you have to pay extra for. Those channels don't have any restrictions on what they can show.

I did not know that :D
    JK_Livin wrote:
    That's interesting. I wasn't a big fan of William H Macy before this show but I think he's awesome in this role. I can't imagine his character being more "Shameless". I'll have to check out the original but that's what I said about The Office and never got around to it. Thanks for the info.

The one major difference I noticed was the poverty level depicted in the US series compared to the UK series.In the US series I saw ipods,smartphones,tv on set and a house run down due to neglect not extreme poverty and set in a suburban area,rather than a community/council housing area.
    In the UK version the Gallaghers quite literally have nothing,as do most of the residents on the Chatsworth Estate and what they do procure is through criminal activity that they never get to keep as they always get caught.
    The US version just struck me as cleaner more sanitised version.

I have never saw the US version of The Office
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
    This show is great... Halfway thru season 2, gotta love On Demand... Nothing better then spending a hungover day on the couch catching up on all these episodes.
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I heard good things about it, watched the first two episodes and found them extremely boring. I kept falling asleep during those two episodes.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    stargirl69 wrote:
    the one and only, Frank.

i've been watching this.. is the 2 fingers a way of saying "fuck you" in the UK?
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    conman wrote:
    stargirl69 wrote:
    the one and only, Frank.

i've been watching this.. is the 2 fingers a way of saying "fuck you" in the UK?

Yes it is. When done the way it is shown in the photo of Frank. Other way round is Peace like the rest of the world ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    And I love it anyway :). Waiting for next part of it
    Some may ask, "Why act now? Why not wait? - The answer is clear. The world could wait no longer

04.07.2012 ~ Berlin
    31.07.2012 ~ London
    What did everyone think about last night? I thought it was good but the Jimmy/Steve stuff was a little over the top. We get it, you can kill Jimmy/Steve whenever you want. Get back to more of Kev and V!!

Best line, "Thanks Shiels" after Frank poops out the 19th coke bag.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • zagizagi Posts: 414
    finally it's back!! love the show.
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Best line, "Thanks Shiels" after Frank poops out the 19th coke bag.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    There is next season of the show and I missed 2 episodes by now O.O grrrrr

04.07.2012 ~ Berlin
    31.07.2012 ~ London
    Last night was WOW.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Last night was WOW.

Yep. Just when you think Frank can't get any lower....
    can't wait fro download to finish... 2 week is two much
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Absolutely love this show!!!!!!
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    One of the best shows of all time
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
    mca47 wrote:

Just when you think this show can't be any more fucked up....this past week was out of control Love this show.
    mca47 wrote:

Just when you think this show can't be any more fucked up....this past week was out of control Love this show.

I watched it last night. Holy shit. That's my girl penis. My jaw dropped and I was flustered the rest of the night after that scene.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:

I watched it last night. Holy shit. That's my girl penis. My jaw dropped and I was flustered the rest of the night after that scene.

Same here. WTF was that??? And then the shit w/ Jimmy's dad is out in the open now too...crazy episode.
    Well Kev and V's relationship sure took an odd turn.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    omg, craziest episode so far :shock:
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    Just when you think they've crossed all the lines they find another one
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    This has to the best the most wonderfully fucked up show that has ever been on TV. I love it!!

What's better than passing a drug test by holding clean urine in your mouth then spitting it into the pee cup!!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23