Options

Talked to a buddy who works at ALPINE now.....

Comments

• Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    "There’s also a 20th anniversary destination weekend bash sometime in late summer; the band will curate, host and headline what could end up being an annual ‘Pearl Jam’ festival."

This came from this article which was posted earlier:
    http://beatcrave.com/2011-01-07/pearl-j ... niversary/

I had not heard of it being an annual deal until I read that article, hope its true.

i hope this wouldn't mean the regular touring will end :(
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    shortstack wrote:

Where have you been? It ended a long time ago. Depending on how you look at it 2003 or 2006 was the last decent tour.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    so probably just a couple regular shows w/o TOTD and all the opeining acts --- maybe just one great opener like the black keys or something...... the Stache Team 6 would be back in full :)
  • Options
    thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
    Dang it. I was hoping for the Gorge.

There could still be a Gorge show or two. Like someone said on the board, Alpine could be just one stop in a bigger US tour that they are calling "PJ21".
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    thefin190 wrote:

There could still be a Gorge show or two. Like someone said on the board, Alpine could be just one stop in a bigger US tour that they are calling "PJ21".

Just so long as I can see them without having use an airplane, I'll be a happy camper :)
    ...master of karate and friendship for everyone!
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    shortstack wrote:

Where have you been? It ended a long time ago. Depending on how you look at it 2003 or 2006 was the last decent tour.

DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Flagg wrote:
    shortstack wrote:

+1
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    play philly you pussies
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,325
    wonder if it will be mid May before this is announced again?
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,149
    wonder if it will be mid May before this is announced again?
    i see it june
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 693
    Please no. My wife and I are trying to buy a house this year. I couldn't afford to go last year so there's no chance I can afford to go this year. Please, for my own selfishness, do not have this event.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,325
    Please no. My wife and I are trying to buy a house this year. I couldn't afford to go last year so there's no chance I can afford to go this year. Please, for my own selfishness, do not have this event.
    Then start saving for PJ22!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,250

Just so long as I can see them without having use an airplane, I'll be a happy camper :)
    I'd be a pissed off camper on a 10 hour flight and I'd go and forget all the crap....until it was over!
    PJ20 was fun, I want more!! :D
  • Options
    Mike_McQMike_McQ Posts: 105
    How could 2003 or 2006 be the last good tour? The band is not pulling out early on us. Their getting older and want to spend time with family, and spend their hard earned money. If they take time off then so be it. I'm a fan of allot of other bands that tour far less then PJ. I'm a huge Black Crowes fan and they take Hiatus all the time bc they know that taking time off is a good thing some times.

With regard to our band, if they chose to slow it down and do a few big shows per year, i'd be happy. Seems to me that some cities that get the pass over would rather a roadie then to see another typical city get another date. What could be better than Pearl Jam saying 'we gonna do a PJ festival for a few years', and use the extra time to create a great album?

I would welcome with open arms a full on tour with all the bells and whistles, but for the band to make it all over the globe, time and time again. you can surely bet that they will burn out and not tour into the next decade.

I want to see the band in 10 years, so I won't be disappointed if they scale back a little. I for one would much rather take what I can get then take nothing at all. Pearl jam fans are of the top class in rock and roll. We should back the band in whatever decision they make.

McQ
    Mike_McQ
  • Options
    jopetto75jopetto75 Posts: 397
    +1
    until next time......
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Mike_McQ wrote:
    How could 2003 or 2006 be the last good tour? The band is not pulling out early on us. Their getting older and want to spend time with family, and spend their hard earned money. If they take time off then so be it. I'm a fan of allot of other bands that tour far less then PJ. I'm a huge Black Crowes fan and they take Hiatus all the time bc they know that taking time off is a good thing some times.

With regard to our band, if they chose to slow it down and do a few big shows per year, i'd be happy. Seems to me that some cities that get the pass over would rather a roadie then to see another typical city get another date. What could be better than Pearl Jam saying 'we gonna do a PJ festival for a few years', and use the extra time to create a great album?

I would welcome with open arms a full on tour with all the bells and whistles, but for the band to make it all over the globe, time and time again. you can surely bet that they will burn out and not tour into the next decade.

I want to see the band in 10 years, so I won't be disappointed if they scale back a little. I for one would much rather take what I can get then take nothing at all. Pearl jam fans are of the top class in rock and roll. We should back the band in whatever decision they make.

McQ

Good post. I have to agree with most of this although I'd prefer the touring schedule they've had since 07 until present to remain exactly the same. Maybe they could add a few more US dates to cover all corners but I don't want to see huge US tours again. The band would burn out doing anything close to the 00 and 03 tours. I think some US shows, some Canada, Europe, S. America and Aus/NZ spaced out with resting periods for the band is working just fine. Alpine would be a big kick in the teeth to US fans if it wasn't part of an actual tour but the band just do exactly what they want and I'm just glad they keep busy really. Hopefully we'll have a great new album soon too. I'm staying optimistic that they will not disappoint!
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,177
    http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=148529&hilit=alpine+valley+is+a+go

let's get our facts straight here people..early feb 2011 :lol:

and this will stink
    Was just going to say this. Neily posted this I booked my room for $100 that day. Thanks again!!
  • Options
    thefin190 wrote:

If nothing else you catch Stone with BRAD at Easy Street on Record Store Day!!! Shouldn't cost you anything, unless you buy some vinyl. :D
  • Options
    PinstrpsPinstrps Posts: 109
    Hearing rumors that PJ has a 3 year deal with Alpine
  • Options
    pjscreamerpjscreamer Posts: 593
    Da kid heard that rumour as well
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • Options
    Stayed with a local at alpine last year. He mentioned that alpine has struggled and 3 bands were thinking of just buying the place. Jimmy Buffet, DMB and PJ. Not much to validate that but the neighborhod that we stayed at for PJ20 talked a lot about it. Some of you are close to alpine may know more on this.
  • Options
    Indi4enceIndi4ence Posts: 947
    Stayed with a local at alpine last year. He mentioned that alpine has struggled and 3 bands were thinking of just buying the place. Jimmy Buffet, DMB and PJ. Not much to validate that but the neighborhod that we stayed at for PJ20 talked a lot about it. Some of you are close to alpine may know more on this.

hahaha, That would be an interesting show Jimmy Buffet, DMB, And Pearl Jam :lol::lol:
  • Options

:lol: Why would PJ (or DMB or Buffet) get in the business of running a concert venue? I'll buy all the other rumors. This one is a local yokel making something up for a visitor.

They can't run a ticket sale, but they are going to run an almost out of business concert venue. :?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    Pinstrps wrote:
    Hearing rumors that PJ has a 3 year deal with Alpine

At least they are playing I suppose. Would like to see them spread it out a little more though or do something additional. It would suck if they just played Alpine Valley in the US every year.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    PJ Fan 1978PJ Fan 1978 Posts: 165
    I'm so there!
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834

Hahaha good one ;)
  • Options
    Leyna MinaiLeyna Minai Posts: 688
    Maybe they can finally do a Members Only show :D and then..give us all flight discounts..

Yeah, that would be nice. Because that's the only way I'd be able to go this year.

Likewise...I was really hoping for Gorge this year too :(
    I won't be able to make it to Alpine...yet again.
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • Options
    cfbd68cfbd68 Posts: 228
    Indi4ence wrote:

hahaha, That would be an interesting show Jimmy Buffet, DMB, And Pearl Jam :lol::lol:
    Throw away those dip shit DMB fans and have Phish play.
    I know I wouldn't mind tripping a few hours tailgating & seeing 2 hrs each of JB, PJ & Phish.
    Just need a few bags of shrooms :mrgreen: . There are cow fields near Alpine Valley , no :ugeek:
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder, to find an approach and a way to live
    Constant Recoil..Sometimes life, Don't leave you alone
    When the anxious is the present, unwrap your gifts, take your time
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    It would suck if they just played Alpine Valley in the US every year.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    I would go if there's more "appropriate" opening acts than some "random bands" no matter how good they are.

If there is a 2-day event with bands that you could see sort of had a connection to the band (and not being some people EV got to now the last 2-3 years) or have been around through the years I would go.

DAY1
    My Morning Jacket
    Alice In Chains
    Neil Young
    Members from MMJ, AiC and Neil Young playing a few PJ songs as a tribute.
    Pearl Jam

DAY2
    Kings of Leon
    Sonic Youth
    The Who
    Members from KoL, SY and The Who playing a few PJ songs as a tribute.
    Pearl Jam

Is there anyone in the forum that could afford going to a show with this lineup?
    6/16/2008 Columbia, SC, 10/30/09-10/31/09 Philly, EV Solo 6/26/11 Detroit, 9/3/11-9/4/11 Alpine Valley, 9/30/2012 Missoula,MT 7/16/13 London, ON *****FIRST ROW****, 7/19/13 Chicago, IL, 10/30/13 Charlotte, NC. 4/21/2008 Columbia, SC, 5/2/2016 MSG2