Options

I hope Ed uses his time off well...

High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
edited April 2012 in The Porch
And in addition to going through rehab for his back & arm, makes a visit to his ENT doctor so they can tell him how to also preserve his VOICE. Step one: no cigarettes. I'm not a doctor, I just play one on the Pearl Jam boards.

I'm serious. Get well Ed, and also keep those vocal cords in good condition.
ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
    And in addition to going through rehab for his back & arm, makes a visit to his ENT doctor so they can tell him how to also preserve his VOICE. Step one: no cigarettes. I'm not a doctor, I just play one on the Pearl Jam boards.

Hopefully this medical attention plus his daughters getting older will motivate him to quit smoking before its too late. I've said this before on the boards, it would be tragic if he were to lose his voice and have a tube through his throat from smoking.

For those who are more familiar in this area, if he were to quit smoking, would he regain his former singing voice, or would it just prevent his voice from becoming worse off? Sorry, I know this sounds like a dumb question.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 540
    thefin190 wrote:

Hopefully this medical attention plus his daughters getting older will motivate him to quit smoking before its too late. I've said this before on the boards, it would be tragic if he were to lose his voice and have a tube through his throat from smoking.

For those who are more familiar in this area, if he were to quit smoking, would he regain his former singing voice, or would it just prevent his voice from becoming worse off? Sorry, I know this sounds like a dumb question.

i totally agree with this, i've stopped listening to boots past 2006 because his voice ruins certain songs. Obviously age and previous wear and tear wont let it go back to the Ed of pre 2000 but it certainly will help. look at chris cornell once he stopped. also like you said its not just for his voice but for his overall health.
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225

Good post. I too would love to see Ed give up smoking, and it would be good for the health of his family too (no passive smoking).