Options

**Halifax Fanviews Here**

Comments

• Options
    SssSss Posts: 10
    A DVD would be awsome!!! Kind of like touring band 2000!!!! One or two songs from each show in Canada!!! Just imagine......Ahhhh......
    The world does not belong to us
    We belong to the world
    ~Ishmael
  • Options
    Man who ever said a show in NB would suck just doesn't get it. Why wouldn't PJ wanna play a show in the oldest city in Canada. Why wouldn't PJ wanna play a show in the most Irish of Canadian cities. Why wouldn't PJ wanna play in the nicest arena this side of the east coast of Canada. There are no reasons as to why they wouldn't want to play a show in Saint John.....SAINT JOHN ROCKS!!!! boys/girls.
    Jamhead

jeremy_cross3@hotmail.com
    Montreal/03, Boston/04, Montreal/05, Halifax/05, Hartford/06, Boston/06
  • Options
    j_cross3 wrote:
    Man who ever said a show in NB would suck just doesn't get it. Why wouldn't PJ wanna play a show in the oldest city in Canada. Why wouldn't PJ wanna play a show in the most Irish of Canadian cities. Why wouldn't PJ wanna play in the nicest arena this side of the east coast of Canada. There are no reasons as to why they wouldn't want to play a show in Saint John.....SAINT JOHN ROCKS!!!! boys/girls.

LOL, Iron Maiden didn't even sellout in St John, that's upsetting!!
    I AM MINE !!!!!
  • Options
    Iron Maiden couldn't even book Harbour Station, they had to try for the LBR Arena; total capacity......500 maybe, lol. Don't blame it on the people blame it on the band...PJ would see out anywhere they go; nuff said playa :)
    Jamhead

• Options
    I would love to see PJ play in my hometown of SJ....but it seems about as likely as me becoming Mrs. Ament!
    The in-between is mine....
  • Options
    PJ in our backyard......I was so sure they would play here. This place kicks ass....if you guys (PJ) read this you definitely gotta give Saint John a chance, you would not be dissappointed, after all you spent 3hr.s in our airport after leaving NFLD. I was so bummed when I heard the news and can only pray you'll some back to play.
    Jamhead

• Options
    j_cross3 wrote:
    Iron Maiden couldn't even book Harbour Station, they had to try for the LBR Arena; total capacity......500 maybe, lol. Don't blame it on the people blame it on the band...PJ would see out anywhere they go; nuff said playa :)

LOL, really, I saw Maiden at Harbour Station, the band showed, the people didn't. This is Iron Maiden we're talkin' about, show some respect!!
    I AM MINE !!!!!
  • Options
    I got them mixed up with Motorhead.........
    Jamhead

• Options
    j_cross3 wrote:
    I got them mixed up with Motorhead.........

Oh well that can happen, not in my house, but that can happen!!
    I AM MINE !!!!!
  • Options
    How bout PJ playing a show on P.E.I., now that'd be fun!! The place would never be the same again!!
    I AM MINE !!!!!
  • Options
    If your ever in the mall stop in to HMV and have a chat with me.....Jeremy. We just opened the store about 7wks ago and I love seeing the jamheads come in and chat it up!!!!
    Jamhead

• Options
    Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/48623262@N00/51788044/

i was at both those shows good times, gotta love how bands are finally touring the east coast, i still remember that day in April when i got the official confirmation from the 10club e-mail, still can't believe it happened

i was listenin to the boot again today, so glad they played nothingman, does anybody know who the girl w/ the horns was celebrating a birthday that night?

if you listen real close inbetween alive & down (end of alive track) you can hear my buddy (got other 10C ticket) scream "BABA O'RILEY!!!"

edit : setlist scan from twofeetthick.com http://www.twofeetthick.com/style/images/cc/05/setlist_2005-09-22_v1_p1.jpg
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • Options
    lannerslanners Posts: 458
    i guess i don't care where they play...as long as they come back to our forgotten corner of the earth!!!
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    aolaniaolani Posts: 3
    It doesn't matter where PJ plays in the maritimes we will go anywhere!! We know it will be worth it!!

PEACE!
  • Options
    whoYOUarewhoYOUare Posts: 274
    i just had to post again about how FUCKING awsome this show was... starting with Driftin was a dream come true, and after Hard to Imagine it didnt matter what they played, but the version of RVM was SIIIIIICK!!! my favorite PJ i have been to without a doubt, and possably the best show i have EVER been to... unreal, simple unreal
    peace
  • Options
    And on this Friday night, I raise a Keith's to my boys in PJ...8 pack?
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead..."
  • Options
    Cheers to the men who dared to play where few as great have played before!
    i. am. mine.
  • Options
    MohabMohab Posts: 310
    In the Ament interview posted today, he mentioned theyde be back to Canada sooner than later. How sweet would it be if they played HAlifax again! They could ferry to Boston after. That show was sweet! The turn out transformed part of the city into a Pj fest zone. It was amazing!! Come back!!!
  • Options
    Mohab wrote:
    In the Ament interview posted today, he mentioned theyde be back to Canada sooner than later. How sweet would it be if they played HAlifax again! They could ferry to Boston after. That show was sweet! The turn out transformed part of the city into a Pj fest zone. It was amazing!! Come back!!!
    could take the ferry to my house. I wouldn't be suprised if they come back.
  • Options
    seriously i cannot believe it's three weeks later and i'm still buzzing about this show!
  • Options
    japiercjapierc Posts: 10
    j_cross3 wrote:

I think you are leaving an "S" off of your "John".
    St. John's, Newfoundland is the oldest city in North Amercia...and we don't bleed blood when we get cut, we bleed Guinness.
    You ain't getting much more of an Isish background there here in NL.
    Jamie Nashville
  • Options
    thanks for setting the record straight for your irish brethren, nashville! i still can't believe how many people are talking about the halifax show. i still have yet to come down. i'll never forget it...slainte to our newfie friends!
  • Options
    The Halifax show was unbeliveable!!!!!!!!!!! The setlist blew me away. I don't know what else to say............. I am still recovering.......
    "You can't be neutral on a moving train."

"The real pandemic is fear."
  • Options
    Mad MohabMad Mohab Posts: 310
    That was a cool show allright. To bad I slept in a parking lot after but all in good fun. I got their without a nickle to spare and almost tried to plead for a the poster with the fall leaves. Ebays a bitch eh, but its not the first time. I noticed the in my tree wasnt that tight, but the band looked like they were feeling it big time. I never realized how good of a show man Ed was until I got up close for once.

Being that close to the band was intense, it was a bit of a metaphysical breakdown. I can see why unstable humans can get too worked up and become crazy fanatics about more than the music. You feel like youve had a personal show after being in the first or second row. Awesome night, and no I don't think they came just for me or something like that, but it was proper. I was feeling fucked up from personal shit that night and that show redeemed my belief that a show can have a huge positive effect on ya for awhile. peace to the east and everyone else!
  • Options
    TouchedTouched Posts: 15
    If there is anywhere I can buy a video for the Halifax show Please PLEASE give me some information I'll do whatever. Thank you My email is theredness@hotmail.com
  • Options
    Wow, the Halifax Show thread is still up front, I feel so fortunate that I was there, first PJ show for me. I guess now we know where PJ NEEDS to return, BUMP!! Fans from the Halifax show, YOU ROCK!!!
    I AM MINE !!!!!
  • Options
    PLEASE come back PJ! we've got plenty of keith's ready for the encores! this time you have to play "black" though...well, either way...come back!
  • Options
    I'm so glad people are still talkin about this show....It's getting better in my mind as time goes on...took some time for it all to sink in.
    The in-between is mine....
  • Options
    it felt surreal, didn't it surferjenn? i can remember in high school listening to "ten" and thinking i would never actually see them live...especially in halifax! it's still sinking in for me too...in terms of shows i've seen at the the metro centre...right up there with the neil young concert about five or six years ago, and the two metallica shows - on the "and justice" tour and the "black album" tour - those were some great shows too. i think this one might be close to being number one on my list! if i'd heard "black", there'd be no question! i did love hearing "state of love and trust", "RVM", "animal", "off he goes", and the "rockin' in the free world" jam at the end was unreal! so many other great tunes too...but those were some standouts for me...and the crowd singing the first part of "better man"...still getting chills thinking about it...
  • Options
    i'm still mildly baffled that they didn't play Black since they played it at most of the other shows.

i'm not complaining, just making an observation. i don't want to come off as a whiner or ungrateful because i'm not...i'm still thanking my lucky stars and pinching myself because i didn't think i would ever get to see them, especially not in the Maritimes! i would gladly go to a thousand more shows where they didn't play Black just for the chance to see them and experience it all over again.
    i. am. mine.