Options

Saw Radiohead in AZ on 3/15/12... Holy Sh*t!!

djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
edited March 2012 in Other Music
Won't bore you with too many details, but this might go down in my personal history as one of the top three shows I've ever seen...

Ever...

Nice to take Radiohead off my concert "bucket list"... but, like every Pearl Jam show I've seen, even seconds after the show ended, I could not wait to see them again!

Setlist

Bloom
15 Step
Airbag
Little by Little
Myxomatosis
The Gloaming
Morning Mr. Magpie
Pyramid Song
The Daily Mail
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
Packt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box (First time since 2001)
Identikit
Lotus Flower
There There
Feral
Idioteque
Encore 1:
How to Disappear Completely
Kid A
Lucky
Bodysnatchers
Encore 2:
Give Up the Ghost
Reckoner
Paranoid Android
6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
10/12/14 - Austin, TX
10/22/14 - Denver, CO
8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    They are coming to Detroit. I didn't buy tickets because I am saving for two Berlin shows (PJ).. That looks like a pretty good setlist.. I hope I made the right decision..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Sounds like such an awesome experience!! Seeing Radiohead for the first time on 5/31, cannot wait!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    jweyersjweyers Lincoln,NE Posts: 364
    I saw them last Sunday in Kansas City......Yea Awsome.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I was blown away by their show earlier this month. I need to see them again!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    seeing them in Toronto in June.

first time seeing them live since 1998 on the OK Computer tour, which is the best concert experience I have ever had, what a head trip

my expectations will not be for them to top that, and I definitely will not be as high as I was back in 1998 lol, but am looking forward to seeing them again and hope to hear some songs from Bends/OK Computer era, though the set lists don't look too promising for that, but I am still looking forward to it
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    Caveeze wrote:
    They are coming to Detroit. I didn't buy tickets because I am saving for two Berlin shows (PJ).. That looks like a pretty good setlist.. I hope I made the right decision..

I doubt you'll regret the decision.

My friend JUST called and asked me if wanted to go with him to the Radiohead show.

I just couldnt get into them after Kid A. Love the Bends, and OK.... they really lost me with Kid A.

I know thats not the cool thing to say about this band though. :?
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    the wolf wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

My friend JUST called and asked me if wanted to go with him to the Radiohead show.

I just couldnt get into them after Kid A. Love the Bends, and OK.... they really lost me with Kid A.

's OK, man... people like what they like and don't what they don't...which I guess defends Nickelback's popularity... :lol:

I dig Pablo Honey, I LOVE The Bends, OK Computer is one of the all-time greats... I remember being worried about Kid A because everyone said it was a "game changer" and it sounded so different... It took me a few listens to get what I wasn't getting. Kid A, to me, is just as amazing as OK... Amnesiac was different for me... I was lost on it for a while... Same with Hail to the Thief... In Rainbows is on par with OK and Kid... TKOL is a little sugar-free... but still damn good. They're the English PJ - always looking forward, looking back when necessary, but always looking forward; always pushing that envelope.

Honestly, if I had funds enough that I had to choose between PJ in Berlin and Radiohead in my backyard, I'd take Radiohead in a heartbeat.

On the other hand, if PJ in Berlin was totally possible for me - man what a facking experience that'd be!

It's all good!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    the wolf wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

Hope they're still playing setlists like that by the time they come down here. Some of my very favourite songs of theirs are what they're playing live at the moment..

As for not getting into Kid A - maybe you simply havent listened to it enough. It took me a while to get used to it, and then I really started digging it. It's a brilliant, brilliant album. It's taking me a while to get used to KOL, but I guess I'll like it better when I know it like I know OKC. OK is my fav album of theirs, and then Kid A, but I dont hold it against people who dont like it. Everyone has different tastes.
  • Options
    nice ! :D

thanks for posting the set list , going to see them in oct , nice to get an idea of what to expect
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2
    milano,leeds,milton keynes 2014

monkey driven call this living
  • Options
    Going to see them in Mansfield in May.Very Excited......thought their ticket system was super cool.Hint Hint.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    I was there, deserves to be in my top three best shows.

Going to seattle as well. :D

http://youtu.be/k3xG90iI7rc

KID A RULES!
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    djklambake wrote:
    Nice to take Radiohead off my concert "bucket list"... but, like every Pearl Jam show I've seen, even seconds after the show ended, I could not wait to see them again!

radiohead are the only band on my bucketlist. i thought for sure id die without seeing them BUT come this november im ticking them off. woowoo!!! im trying not to elevate them too high so im hoping november comes around quick before i get too high on the thought of them.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I was there, deserves to be in my top three best shows.

Going to seattle as well. :D

http://youtu.be/k3xG90iI7rc

KID A RULES!

AGH!!!! You're going to the Seattle show, too?!?! You are a much better person than I!!!

I'm trying to find a way to get to any of their other US shows (maybe in Ohio...)... An opportunity has come up where I might be able to see them in London at O2, but it'll take a little creative finagling... It'd be so incredible to see them on their own soil!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    djklambake wrote:

radiohead are the only band on my bucketlist. i thought for sure id die without seeing them BUT come this november im ticking them off. woowoo!!! im trying not to elevate them too high so im hoping november comes around quick before i get too high on the thought of them.

I'll tell you, my friend, it was worth the wait...but after this show I wish I'd have seen them a thousand times before! Really hoping I get to see them more...such an experience!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    djklambake wrote:
    djklambake wrote:

I'll tell you, my friend, it was worth the wait...but after this show I wish I'd have seen them a thousand times before! Really hoping I get to see them more...such an experience!

i just havent had the opportunity til now. i havent been a fan since creep.. nor even since ok computer like a lot of peeps. but when i discovered them i fell hard. i do wish it hadnt taken them so long to get back down here cause then perhaps the demand wouldntve been so high and i wouldve been able to take in more than one show. i cant complain tho cause more than a few peeps missed out. but i am beyond thrilled and very grateful to be seeing them the once.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

i just havent had the opportunity til now. i havent been a fan since creep.. nor even since ok computer like a lot of peeps. but when i discovered them i fell hard. i do wish it hadnt taken them so long to get back down here cause then perhaps the demand wouldntve been so high and i wouldve been able to take in more than one show. i cant complain tho cause more than a few peeps missed out. but i am beyond thrilled and very grateful to be seeing them the once.

You're gonna have a blast!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    djklambake wrote:
    You're gonna have a blast!

i really only want to see jonnys cheekbones. ;):lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    I hope to get to see Jonny's cheekbones from where I'm sitting, lol! ;) Impeded view high up for the first concert. Better seat for the next. Down low somewhere, god knows where. I'm waiting for the actual concert to find out the surprise of where I'm sitting. Like you I consider myself lucky to be going and they are the No. 1 band on my bucket list too. Although I'm going to two shows, I have a shit seat for the first one but figure it's better going with a shit seat than not going at all. My poor daughter and her bf missed out even though I tried to get tix for them. The system wouldnt let me, so in the end I only managed to get one ticket per night (obviously for myself). Like you, I was never a fan when Creep came, OKC either. Recently I became a fan and what I've lost in years of not liking them, I'm making up with for my passion for them at this point. Love 'em nearly as much as I love PJ now! They are awesome, and I can't believe that now I've started liking them, they're coming out downunder in November. Trying not to get too excited until the time comes.....
  • Options
    pjamaholic wrote:
    I hope to get to see Jonny's cheekbones from where I'm sitting, lol! ;) Impeded view high up for the first concert. Better seat for the next. Down low somewhere, god knows where. I'm waiting for the actual concert to find out the surprise of where I'm sitting. Like you I consider myself lucky to be going and they are the No. 1 band on my bucket list too. Although I'm going to two shows, I have a shit seat for the first one but figure it's better going with a shit seat than not going at all. My poor daughter and her bf missed out even though I tried to get tix for them. The system wouldnt let me, so in the end I only managed to get one ticket per night (obviously for myself). Like you, I was never a fan when Creep came, OKC either. Recently I became a fan and what I've lost in years of not liking them, I'm making up with for my passion for them at this point. Love 'em nearly as much as I love PJ now! They are awesome, and I can't believe that now I've started liking them, they're coming out downunder in November. Trying not to get too excited until the time comes.....

well its not like i wasnt a fan of creep.... just that i wasnt aware that it was a radiohead song. the 90s are a blur for me and more than one thing got by me.

my seat is fairly high up in the sydney entertainment centre but i figure radiohead are one of those bands, like TOOL(whom i love love love) where its enough to be inside the venue. i just want sit there mellow out and let the sounds wash over me... and cause im such a big fan of stanley donwood i cant help but get excited about the merch/artwork. tbh i havent resolved myself totally to seeing only one show.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Gosh, that setlist excites me. Going to Tinley Park in June. First Radiohead experience. Can't wait now.
    05/19/06 Grand Rapids, MI
    05/07/10 Noblesville, IN
    09/03/11 Alpine Valley, WI
    09/04/11 Alpine Valley, WI
  • Options
    I loves me some technology. Sitting here at work listening to the AZ show. Checkit:

http://www.radiohead-notforprofit.com/2 ... -2012-m4a/

It's a really solid recording, too!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO