Bush and Gavin Rossdale's love of grunge

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
edited March 2012 in Other Music
So it seems although Sixteen Stone is classic, Bush and Gavin are and always have been much misaligned and made fun of.

I think part of that stems from the fact that whether its bore out or not, that they, Bush, were a 2nd rate grunge band, that they only became a band to capitalize on the grunge scene that was exploding. Again, how you feel about that is your own deal.

But, im curious to see, does anyone know if Gavin has discussed this? Discussed his view of the situation? Was Grunge the main influence behind the sound of their first 2 records? Has Gavin discussed it recently, like in the last few years?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Every time I hear the song 'Glycerine', I just substitute "Listerine' into the words and it makes it a lot better.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • I think Gavin and Bush were hugely influenced by Grunge, Bush as a band didn't even form until 1992 and their debut album didn't come out until late 1994. My thing is, I think Bush ripped off the sound right by writing some incredibly catchy and rocking songs. I know many disagree with me, but I think Bush got the sound down right unlike later awful bands like Creed and Nickelback.

Here's a video of Gavin talking about Grunge in the 90's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Yca2sdSwk
  • OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    Bush are not grunge. I repeat: Bush are not grunge.

I like some of their stuff, but they are not a grunge band.
  • LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    edited February 2012
    I like some of their songs, I think every artist imitates to a certain degree.
    Post edited by Loulou on
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
    I like Bush....(First 4 albums)
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• I'm not sure how anyone could make fun of Bush. If nothing else, Sixteen Stone is a fantastic album.
    'You know time is long, and life is short.
    Begin to live while you still can.'

While we have the gift of life, it seems to me the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity or our glorious uniqueness.-Gilda Radner
  • CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    This dude is a total fucking %@*^#. No talent what so ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH6KpSTsKBk

Seriously you like this? Seriously?

Seriously?

You think this guy is talented? He's not a complete doofus? Seriously?

I'm sorry but that is some really weak shit. It's hard to watch it's so freaking bad. The guys movements are so cheesy I'm embarrassed for him. Watch it all if you can, it's really funny but at the same time really hard to keep watching.

To each their own I guess. :?
  • UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    I'm not sure how anyone could make fun of Bush. If nothing else, Sixteen Stone is a fantastic album.

Agreed Sixteen Stone is an amazing album and they put some other great things out. I'm not sure how anyone can say he's not talented, it may not be their cup of tea but he has talent...
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Callaway wrote:

Seriously?

I'm sorry but that is some really weak shit. It's hard to watch it's so freaking bad. The guys movements are so cheesy I'm embarrassed for him. Watch it all if you can, it's really funny but at the same time really hard to keep watching.

That isn't Bush
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Callaway wrote:

Seriously?

That isn't Bush

Seriously.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    Callaway wrote:

Seriously?

That isn't Bush
    getsmiley.php?show=70
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Bush are not grunge, but they are a good rock band, and their show is good. Seen them 3x. Also seen Gavin Rossdale solo. The solo record wasn't as good, although Gavin did play Bush songs live, and some institute songs as well. I just classify Bush as a great mid 90's alternative rock band, like most mid 90's bands.

Is Bush influenced by Grunge, yes, because as Gavin said it made his band feel they had a "place" and could play rock music. That's cool he saw Nirvana and Mudhoney.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • red mos wrote:
    Bush are not grunge, but they are a good rock band, and their show is good.

Is Bush influenced by Grunge, yes, because as Gavin said it made his band feel they had a "place" and could play rock music. That's cool he saw Nirvana and Mudhoney.

well said. I'm haven't listened to their other albums more than a few times, but Sixteen Stone had an enormous impact on me at the time and I firmly believe they were a great band, regardless of their lead singer.
    'You know time is long, and life is short.
    Begin to live while you still can.'

While we have the gift of life, it seems to me the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity or our glorious uniqueness.-Gilda Radner
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Callaway wrote:

Seriously?

Ok, so he sold out a bit, like every "pseudo" grunge band from the mid 90's. Still a good voice atleast.

I've always liked bush, even though I havent listened to them for 8 years. ehh maybe Ill go and download their music now.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • i think for alot of people, sixteen stone came out at the tail end of grunge. kurt was dead. people were sort of in a daze. and i think alot of people then and now viewed bands like candlebox and bush and collective soul as being bands who tried to ride the wave of alternative music that according to spin at the time made seattle the new bethlehem. It wasnt really until maybe 1996 or so, when people seemed to be pretty much over grunge and a new sound emerged in the music world. but for all intents and purposes it died in 1994. im sure every single one of the bands would agree. Whether you think Bush was or is a good band, and whether they were essentially cashing in on a culture for the profit of it all is sort of up to you to decide.

Im sure its alot like now. In brooklyn after the strokes hit, im sure brooklyn and new york were big places for bands to move to. Or nowadays in Portland. Or Montreal. or Austin. etc... And within that obviously today, in 2012, we have a mix of bands and motives. some are going to those cities because they genuinely want to make good quality art. some are no doubt moving there to cash in on the current indie/hipster scene. some will be labeled as rip offs and 2nd or 3rd rate.

Sounds like bush have changed their sound, and it sounds like gavin has additional influences other than grunge though.

but i think sixteen stone will most likely define Bush and Gavin for the rest of his life. he will always be that guy in those videos and on that album to most people.
  • i think for alot of people, sixteen stone came out at the tail end of grunge. kurt was dead. people were sort of in a daze. and i think alot of people then and now viewed bands like candlebox and bush and collective soul as being bands who tried to ride the wave of alternative music that according to spin at the time made seattle the new bethlehem. It wasnt really until maybe 1996 or so, when people seemed to be pretty much over grunge and a new sound emerged in the music world. but for all intents and purposes it died in 1994. im sure every single one of the bands would agree. Whether you think Bush was or is a good band, and whether they were essentially cashing in on a culture for the profit of it all is sort of up to you to decide.

Im sure its alot like now. In brooklyn after the strokes hit, im sure brooklyn and new york were big places for bands to move to. Or nowadays in Portland. Or Montreal. or Austin. etc... And within that obviously today, in 2012, we have a mix of bands and motives. some are going to those cities because they genuinely want to make good quality art. some are no doubt moving there to cash in on the current indie/hipster scene. some will be labeled as rip offs and 2nd or 3rd rate.

Sounds like bush have changed their sound, and it sounds like gavin has additional influences other than grunge though.

but i think sixteen stone will most likely define Bush and Gavin for the rest of his life. he will always be that guy in those videos and on that album to most people.

Grunge/alternative rock survived into 1996. The Smashing Pumpkins were as big as ever that year, Alice In Chains did Unplugged, STP/Pearl Jam/Soundgarden had new albums come out that went 2x platinum, platinum, and platinum respectively. It all came crashing down though first few months of 1997. STP went on a 2 year hiatus and Soundgarden broke up within a month of each other. AIC were totally dead, and Pearl Jam/the Smashing Pumpkins didn't do much that year. Kurt Cobain was a big part of the movement, but those bands went on with plenty of success for another 2-3 years after his death. There was a whole lot more to the 90's than Kurt Cobain, as great as he was. I do think Kurt's death hurt the longevity of alternative rock though, all of those bands could have had another few years of popularity if they'd stuck it out post 96/97 which would have meant no need for the ripoffs like Creed. I mean a band like Led Zeppelin had 10 years of mainstream popularity, same with Pink Floyd. The labels pushed those knock off bands so hard because the real bands themselves all broke up/wouldn't do shit. It all still would have ended though probably by 1999 or 2000, like everything does.
  • OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    Gavin Rossdale's ex-lover Marilyn says gay confession is years too late

Gavin Rossdale is regretting his confession to Details magazine about his gay affair with cross-dressing singer Marilyn.

And it seems the gender bender British pop star isn't happy with the Bush frontman's revelations either.

Marilyn has spoken out to a U.S. magazine and says he wishes Rossdale had never denied in the first place that the two were romantically involved.

He told In Touch: 'I find it sad that when I spoke out about what we had, I was labelled a tattletale - and now, Gavin is using it to promote himself'.

Rossdale, 44, who is married to No Doubt singer Gwen Stefani initially denied the gay relationship back in 1995 when Boy George wrote about the couple's affair in his memoir Take It Like A Man.

The 47-year-old says that while he's now 'pleased that Gavin is finally able to be honest about our relationship' he wishes the rocker 'could have come to terms with this 15 years ago'.

He added: 'Maybe one day Gwen will allow my name to be spoken again in her home without it having any negative connotations'.

Gavin had spent the past 15 years insisting he had never had a gay affair with the 80s pop star but has now finally admitted to the relationship.

And his spokespeople, over the years, continued to deny a relationship had taken place, even when Marilyn – real name Peter Robinson - spoke out last year, claiming that Rossdale had been the love of his life.

However, in a interview with the forthcoming issue of U.S. magazine Details, Rossdale has finally come clean and confessed to the liaison.

The singer and guitarist told how he had a fling with Marilyn, 47, in the 1980s when he was just 17 years old. And he revealed he had not admitted to the affair until now because of the media ‘glare’ when Bush were just forging a career in the U.S.

Rossdale - whose band have been more successful in the U.S. than the UK - revealed: ‘I think at the outset there was a sort of fear - that was right at the beginning of Bush, and I didn’t want it to be part of it. It felt like a cheap shot, so I was like: ‘I’m not getting involved.’ ‘

Rossdale continued: ‘I’ve never wanted to appear closed about it, it’s not something I’ve talked about really because it’s always been in the glare of a tabloid world, it’s just one of those things - move on.

‘When you’re 17, Jesus Christ, I don’t think there’s anything strange about any form of anything - you’re learning about life. It’s a part of growing up - that’s it, no more, no less.’

In the interview, Rossdale shrugged off the affair as ‘experimentation,’ adding: ‘Yeah, that was it - you have to know what you like, and I know what I like.’

The magazine is not published until next Tuesday. However, according to U.S. reports, the singer has already been ‘regretting’ his confession.

A source close to Rossdale said he was ‘seriously regretting’ speaking publicly regarding the affair. And it is believed one of the reasons he was so remorseful was because he had not – until now – told Miss Stefani of the affair.

According to U.S. reports, following the interview Rossdale even approached the publication’s editors and ‘pleaded with them’ not to print the admission. However, the magazine declined his request.

A U.S. source was reported as saying: ‘Gwen didn’t know that Gavin and Marilyn were actually involved.

‘Gavin always said before that they were just friends, and that’s what she believed, until Gavin had to tell her because of the interview in Details.’

At the time, both men denied the relationship, with Rossdale insisting that he and Marilyn ‘were, and still are, good friends’ but nothing more.

However last year, Marilyn claimed in a U.S. magazine that he and Rossdale had been involved for five years.
    The star – who was famed for his long blonde hair in the 1980s - also said that he had initially denied the story in 1995 because Rossdale’s band, Bush, were ‘just becoming successful in America’ at the time Boy George’s book was published.

‘I agreed to lie against every grain of my being,’ Marilyn said at the time.

He also claimed that Rossdale was the love of his life, adding: ‘We were together five years. But it felt like 40.’

Rossdale has been married to Miss Stefani - who first found fame as the singer with U.S. pop outfit No Doubt - since September 2002. They have two sons; Kingston James, four, and two-year-old Zuma Nesta.

It is not the the first time a surprise has emerged from Rossdale’s past to rock their marriage.

It emerged in 2004, following a paternity test, that Rossdale was the father of model Daisy Lowe following an affair with model and fashion designer Pearl Lowe.

Previously, it had always been believed Daisy’s father was Miss Lowe’s ex-husband Bronner Lowe.

Rossdale had engaged in a brief affair when he was a teenager with Daisy’s mother, Pearl, who is now married to Supergrass drummer Danny Goffey.

She had always wondered if Rossdale was Daisy’s father and when she reached the age of 15 mother and daughter felt it was time to find out.

Rossdale, who at that time was married to Stefani but had yet to have any children together, agreed to a DNA test which subsequently proved that he was indeed the father.

Ironically Rossdale was Daisy’s godfather and the pair had spoken regularly on the phone while she was growing up. However, it has been widely reported that since receiving the DNA results Rossdale had not communicated with his daughter.

At the time, Miss Stefani, 41, was said to be ‘devastated’ at the revelation, but the couple managed to rebuild their marriage.

Last night, neither Marilyn, Rossdale or Boy George were available for further comment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... rilyn.html

I lost a lot of respect for him over this. Not because of the bi-sexual activity, but because he felt the need to lie about it all. Keeping a daughter hidden from his wife is not cool either.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I love Bush, though reading these boards I sometimes feel like it's a guilty pleasure, but I've never heard anybody knock them in real life. I was 14 when Sixteen Stone came out, 16 for Razorblade Suitcase, so maybe I was just the right age. I saw them live once, and they put on a good show. I didn't really care for some of the stuff they did. But Sixteen Stone, Razorblade Suitcase and Golden State stay on my iPod. I can't tell you what any of the songs are about, but I thought it sounded good. I never considered them Grunge at the time, I've always considered them Alternative Rock. I've read several interviews in the past, and I don't think they claimed any Grunge bands as an influence, they always say Pixies were their main influence, not that they sound like Pixies at all.

I never took them all that seriously, or thought about the lyrics or anything, but they sounded good which is all that mattered to me. But I did skip school one day in high school to buy Razorblade Suitcase when it came out, the only other band I ever skipped school to buy an album was Pearl Jam.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Olivavu wrote:
    I lost a lot of respect for him over this. Not because of the bi-sexual activity, but because he felt the need to lie about it all. Keeping a daughter hidden from his wife is not cool either.

Seriously?! I can't see how it's anyone's business what he got up to in his private life......

I think Bush had some decent songs, and the one time I saw them at a festival they were very solid.

Grunge/alternative rock survived into 1996. The Smashing Pumpkins were as big as ever that year, Alice In Chains did Unplugged, STP/Pearl Jam/Soundgarden had new albums come out that went 2x platinum, platinum, and platinum respectively. It all came crashing down though first few months of 1997. STP went on a 2 year hiatus and Soundgarden broke up within a month of each other. AIC were totally dead, and Pearl Jam/the Smashing Pumpkins didn't do much that year. Kurt Cobain was a big part of the movement, but those bands went on with plenty of success for another 2-3 years after his death. There was a whole lot more to the 90's than Kurt Cobain, as great as he was. I do think Kurt's death hurt the longevity of alternative rock though, all of those bands could have had another few years of popularity if they'd stuck it out post 96/97 which would have meant no need for the ripoffs like Creed. I mean a band like Led Zeppelin had 10 years of mainstream popularity, same with Pink Floyd. The labels pushed those knock off bands so hard because the real bands themselves all broke up/wouldn't do shit. It all still would have ended though probably by 1999 or 2000, like everything does.

i agree with some of what you are saying, but grunge and alternative music wasnt the same in 1996 as it was in say 1992, or 1993. It just wasnt. The bands themselves I think would say this to us if we could talk to them. And it was just apparent in the overall vibe of music post 94. Kurts death i would argue is the single greatest reason grunge lasted only a few years. Theres really no comparison between grunge or alternative music in the golden years and then post kurts death, i think the overall toll it took on the surviving members of nirvana and on the other 3 big bands from seattle will never be fully known, but i think its clear most if not all of those bands, and many others considered giving up music after kurts death. It had a massive effect and to discount that i think is silly. Great point about SP though. Mellon Collie is their masterpiece and that was 1995, so thats a fair point. But i think most if not all of the grunge/alt bands post 1994 were not being followed or attracting as much press and attention as they did in 1991-1994. Tiny Music for STP was big but certainly wasnt attracting the kind of buzz purple or core did. Mellon Collie was probably the biggest SP ever got, although Adore has gotten more and more beloved with age, at the time, i think people were quite disappointed. Soundgarden, Down on the Upside and their greatest hits, were hits but certainly werent as beloved and as buzzworthy as Badmotorfinger and Superunknown. And Alice in Chains, their 95 self titled and the Unplugged session were somewhat successful, but they werent Dirt either. I think many things happened, maybe the audience got bored, but certainly an audience, indie music as a most recent example can continue liking a style and still support and enjoy it for over a decade. Grunge i think, in order to explain why alternative music post 1994 wasnt considered as pure and true, or as successful, i think thats where Kurts death figures in. And i think the drug problem in seattle and in the scene at the time also had an enormous effect on the lack of longevity of every band except Pearl Jam, although they certainly dealt with this.

I think by that time 1994 after kurts death and 1995 and on, people were just tired of it. Modern rock radio became a wasteland for bands that many people viewed as 2nd rate and 3rd rate copy cat bands who didnt have the depth and genius of Kurt or Ed, or Layne, or Chris. These bands, the post grunge bands, so called, were bands who were only interested in creating this type of music because what was hip and big at the time. And look at modern rock/alt rock radio in 2012. Seether, Three Days Grace, Godsmack, Hinder, Breaking Benjamin. These are bands that can write catchy tunes, but, for anyone who came of age and cut their teeth on 1991-1994 prime cut grunge, i dont think there is any question or doubt which one is more emotionally satisfying

And certainly the commercialization of grunge had a massive impact, i'd say thats the 2nd most important reason why grunge didnt last. Everyone knew what grunge was. Grunge became mainstream in many ways. It was on Time, and NY Times. The press came to seattle. The labels took notice. And modern rock radio started to sound different. Thermal long underwear and plaid clothes became stuff that sold for 100 dollars, when it started out as not a trend or social statement at all, it was just clothing that was cheap, and it was cold in seattle.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Olivavu wrote:
    You lost respect for him because he only admitted to something private after being hounded by the press about it for 15 years? What right did Boy George have to reveal it in the first place?

I really like most of Bush's albums, including the newest one "Sea Of Memories". It's only really "Golden State" that I was disappointed in. It's always a fine line between being influenced by other bands and being accused of ripping off their sound. There will always be people who accuse them of being a wannabe grunge band and I'm pretty sure they knew what they were up against when they started out. I never really thought of Bush as a grunge band (mainly because I hate the word!), I think they're a pretty good British rock band with some really good tunes (Little Things, Machinehead, The Chemicals Between Us and many more) and a singer with a great voice
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • pjfaninindianapjfaninindiana Northeast Indiana Posts: 311
    I lost a lot of respect for him over this. Not because of the bi-sexual activity, but because he felt the need to lie about it all. Keeping a daughter hidden from his wife is not cool either.[/quote]

But he didn't know the daughter was his right? Also about the bi sexual thing, what if he wasn't comfortable making that known to the world at the time? Maybe he didn't feel it was anything that was anybody else's business. Which it is not.
    Oh! Now I get it, he's gay. Now I feel stupid because I just always thought he was cheesy. I thought the way he moved and acted was so cheesy but ok I get it now. He was just being himself and I took it that the guy was one of those dudes who was trying to be mr. macho sexy man for the ladies and coming off looking like the exact opposite. I still don't think he has an ounce of talent but more power to him for making a living and being semi successfull at it. I won't knock him anymore. Carry on.
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Bush is kewl.
    Gavin is so Nice!
    Why would GWEn stay with him? If he sucked?
    She could have had BRADLEY
    There has to be something he has..
    Gwen is too punk rock to be with a lame dude.
    I went to the tour they met at..
    man, you could see them staring at each other..
    That is some LOVE.
    Gwen could have any guy.. seriously..
    She just wants his babies..
    I see nothing wrong here :D
  • CTD10CTD10 Posts: 351
    I was a big fan of Bush back when they first came out. Loved Sixteen Stone and Razorblade Suitcase, then after a couple years just lost interest. Never even bought any of their other albums.

I remember when they were called Bush x up here in Canada.
    ctd
    STAYSEA wrote:
    Gwen is too punk rock to be with a lame dude.
    I went to the tour they met at..
    man, you could see them staring at each other..
    That is some LOVE.
    Gwen could have any guy.. seriously..

I find her very very unattractive. I'd rather be with an animal.

I can't seem to find the "punk rock" in this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBrzrMw2k8M
  • I'm a damn big Bush fan. Of course, Pearl Jam is number one for sure. However, after that, it's Stone Temple Pilots followed by Bush in my world. Then there's a gap with Soundgarden and Alice in Chains rounding out my top-five bands. 
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    Great ROCK band, not grunge.  Sixteen Stone is a damn good record.

To each their own
  • I'll tell you what -- I love four of their first five albums. More specifically, Sixteen Stone, Razorblade Suitcase, The Science of Things, and Sea of Memories. Their fourth album, Golden State was likely rushed. It seems like they should've put another six months of work into that one before releasing it. Rossdale is quite a performer too.