Options

Donations=Sealed Benny Vinyl Giveaway!!!

Comments

• Options
    Sent some $$$ to a great cause in my soon-to-be new hometown :)
    http://www.houstonspca.org/
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • Options
    What an awesome, generous idea. Kudos to everyone involved in this!

Add me to the list; I just donated to my local (Rancho Cucamonga) animal shelter 8-).
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    BUMP :mrgreen:
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,856
    :idea: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :idea:

Relay For Life (via American Cancer Society)
    http://www.relayforlife.org/
  • Options
    http://www.skincancer.org/

The Skin Cancer Foundation is the only international organization devoted solely to education, prevention, early detection, and prompt treatment of the world’s most common cancer. Take your stand against skin cancer.
  • Options
    DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
    Add me to the list.

Donated to the local disabled kids foundation.

Thanks for this.

Tyler
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Another donation made to Cycle for Survival 2012 in support of research on rare cancers at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (event is tomorrow).
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Donated again, this time to Safe Horizon (an organization that supports victims of domestic violence and abuse).

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    http://www.lcif.org/EN/index.php

Beginning in 1917

Melvin Jones, a 38-year-old Chicago business leader, asked a simple and world-changing question – what if people put their talents to work improving their communities? Almost 100 years later, Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization, with 1.35 million members in more than 46,000 clubs and countless stories of Lions acting on the same simple idea: let's improve our communities.
    1920: Going International

Just three years after our founding, Lions became international when we established the first club in Canada. Mexico followed in 1927. In the 1950s and 1960s international growth accelerated, with new clubs in Europe, Asia and Africa.
    1925: Eradicating Blindness

Helen Keller addressed the Lions Clubs International Convention in Cedar Point, Ohio, USA, and challenged Lions to become "knights of the blind in the crusade against darkness." Since then, we have worked tirelessly to aid the blind and visually impaired.
    1945: Uniting Nations

The ideal of an international organization is exemplified by our enduring relationship with the United Nations. We were one of the first nongovernmental organizations invited to assist in the drafting of the United Nations Charter and have supported the work of the UN ever since.
    1957: Organizing Youth Programs

In the late 1950s, we created the Leo Program to provide the youth of the world with an opportunity for personal development through volunteering. There are approximately 144,000 Leos and 5,700 Leo clubs in more than 140 countries worldwide.
    1968: Establishing Our Foundation

Lions Clubs International Foundation assists Lions with global and large-scale local humanitarian projects. Through our Foundation, Lions meet the needs of their local and global communities.
    1990: Launching SightFirst

Through SightFirst, Lions are restoring sight and preventing blindness on a global scale. Launched in 1990, Lions have raised more than $346 million for this initiative. SightFirst targets the major causes of blindness: cataract, trachoma, river blindness, childhood blindness, diabetic retinopathy and glaucoma.
    Today: Extending Our Reach

Lions Clubs International extends our mission of service every day – in local communities, in all corners of the globe. The needs are great and our services broad, including sight, health, youth, elderly, the environment and disaster relief. Our international network has grown to include more than 206 countries and geographic areas.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,652
    I just made a donation to the Daffodil Place. It is a cancer research agency based out of St. John's, Newfoundland (my hometown).

A friend of mine runs an annual fundraiser for them in February in memory of his brother passing away of brain cancer 3 years ago. This year he ran the fundraiser today, on the 11th, thus why I've waited to donate.

He does all of this fundraiser out of his tattoo shop, he is a rather well known artist in Canada and worldwide. He donates a Saturday and does all his work (and everyone who works in his shop) to the Daffodil Place.

If you'd like more information:

His tattoo shop:
    http://www.troubleboundtattoos.com

Daffodil Place
    http://www.cancer.ca/~/media/CCS/Newfoundland-Labrador/Files%20List/English%20files%20heading/pdf%20not%20in%20publications%20section/NEWSLETTER_updated_changes_thehub_final.ashx

Unfortunately, because I live in the US and made my donation via paypal to Dave back in Canada, I will not get a receipt for some time, and as a result will not be able to participate in the drawing (the Daffodil Place only deals with physical receipts and it has to be printed and mailed - they are a little behind the times when it comes to technology for that sort of thing)... however I wanted to make a post on here, just in case anyone else would like to make a donation to cancer research in Newfoundland (yes... I know I've seen a couple of others around here...)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    Made another donation...this time to Aberta Rehabilitation for Brain Injuries. :)
  • Options
    BUMP
  • Options
    Donated to Doctors Without Borders.

Thank you for supporting Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF). Your generosity gives us the financial independence we need to provide emergency medical care to men, women, and children in nearly 70 countries around the world.

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    Brilliant idea! Donation made to The Archie Foundation, the charity for Royal Aberdeen Children's Hopsital.
    PJ Manchester MEN - 20.06.12
    PJ Manchester MEN - 21.06.12
    EV Manchester O2 Apollo - 28.07.12
    PJ Leeds Arena - 08.07.14
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    money sent to cancer research cos my wife's gran died in January last year so seemed fitting ...great idea this cheers .
    happy Sunday all.
    i hope there's a good old fashioned war film on today :lol::lol::D
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    Hey Everybody,

This is, to put it plainly, OUTSTANDING! As of right now, over $1,500 has been gifted to various organizations!

About a day and a half left before the drawing. Just a few reminders:

Please check your emails and inboxes over the next few days. My intention is to contact the winners shortly after midnight (central time) on the 14th.

Please remember to provide credible proof of donation(s) for each post made if your name is drawn. Credible proof can be online receipts, cc statements, scanned receipts, confimation emails... etc. I'm not looking for anything with sensitive information (like credit card numbers) on it. If you want to black out credit card info and scan before sending, that is fine.

Once the winners have been drawn, contact has been made, and proof of donation has been established, the winners will be announced on this thread.

Good luck to everyone, and THANK YOU very, very much!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    $1500?? That's awesome!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    Nothing But Nets Campaign‏
    It helps prevent malaria in africa....
    http://www.nothingbutnets.net/

thanks again for the chance to do something good...

and thanks to my favorite person for the idea of this cause...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Donated to Wielka Orkiestra Swiatecznej Pomocy which purchases medical equipment for children to help our sorely under-funded public health service here in Poland. Wanted to donate to McMillan Nurses but they don't accept overseas cards. It's all good.

great competition. wonderful idea.
    we're all going to the same place...
  • Options
    this is also a nice charity story I saw on the BBC yesterday about saving camels:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/f ... 695147.stm
    we're all going to the same place...
  • Options
    DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 637
    A very benevolent gesture of you 3days. Donated to the Canadian Cancer Society. Knowing what the PJ community are like I'd be confident that many of the donations are north of the $10.00 figure.
  • Options
    Donated to the ALS society of Nova Scotia.
    Great contest!
    Montreal 2003. Halifax 2005. EV Montreal 2008. Toronto 2009
    Toronto 2011 1 & 2 London 2013. Quebec City 2016. Ottawa 2016
    Fenway 2016 1 & 2
  • Options
    Made another donation, this time to the ASPCA.

For over 140 years the ASPCA has worked tirelessly to end animal cruelty. From education and care to adoption and rescue, the ASPCA is making a life changing difference for animals across America. Your support will mean so much to the animals right in your community. Thank you for making the ASPCA and the animals we serve a part of your life.

• Options
    Life Rolls On in where I made mine at.

Life Rolls On is a non-profit organization that inspires others to see the boundless possibilities beyond paralysis. Established in 2002, LRO’s signature adaptive surfing program, They Will Surf Again, has grown into a catalyst of hope for thousands of individuals throughout the world.
  • Options
    Done to
    www.emergency.it
    thanks for the chance and good luck to all
  • Options
    Just donated to RSPCA Australia,

Big shout out to OP - Well done, great to see some caring people out there that would do something like this!
    That dog won't hunt monsignor....
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    3days wrote:
    Hey Everybody,

This is, to put it plainly, OUTSTANDING! As of right now, over $1,500 has been gifted to various organizations!

About a day and a half left before the drawing. Just a few reminders:

Please check your emails and inboxes over the next few days. My intention is to contact the winners shortly after midnight (central time) on the 14th.

Please remember to provide credible proof of donation(s) for each post made if your name is drawn. Credible proof can be online receipts, cc statements, scanned receipts, confimation emails... etc. I'm not looking for anything with sensitive information (like credit card numbers) on it. If you want to black out credit card info and scan before sending, that is fine.

Once the winners have been drawn, contact has been made, and proof of donation has been established, the winners will be announced on this thread.

Good luck to everyone, and THANK YOU very, very much!
    This is fantastic! :clap:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    donated to St. Judes Childrens Hospital
  • Options
    P J PP J P Posts: 22
    Great idea - I'm in!

Donation made to the American Cancer Society.
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    Just made a donation to the RSPCA here in Australia
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25