Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    luanis wrote:
    so he hasn't been found yet? :(
    Sad to report, but nothing new to update...I miss Randy..
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,765
    yahamita wrote:
    luanis wrote:
    so he hasn't been found yet? :(
    Sad to report, but nothing new to update...I miss Randy..

I know this is totally off-topic, but whenever I see your screen name, I think of Aye Davanita.

And here is an AWESOME video of Come Back from 5/6/10. Unfortunately, they didn't record the encore break.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrVCm7A7CVE
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    Alexis (Brian's girlfriend at the time of his disappearance) ended up auctioning Brian's tickets to 5/22/2006 Detroit away with the money going to the reward fund.

Anyway, I just checked that setlist from TwoFeetThick. Notice anything spooky? (I also notice several things slightly-less eerie.)

set: Long Road, Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Animal, Marker in the Sand, In Hiding, Even Flow, I Am Mine, Army Reserve, Insignificance, Garden, Wasted Reprise -> Life Wasted, State of Love and Trust, Come Back, Jeremy, Rearviewmirror
    first encore: Man of the Hour, Elderly Woman…, Nothingman, Inside Job, Alive
    second encore: Whipping, Do The Evolution, Comatose, Given To Fly, Why Go, Porch, Indifference, Kick Out The Jams, Yellow Ledbetter/(Star-Spangled Banner)
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • This is sad. I have always seen this post sticker on and on... Years went by with no news.
    All the modern technology we have... we can look across the universe, but we can't find a person on our own planet.

I will keep my eyes open for the sticky man tattoo down here in Brasil. My prayers that he will show up.
    In love with music
    fcbittenca wrote:
    This is sad. I have always seen this post sticker on and on... Years went by with no news.
    All the modern technology we have... we can look across the universe, but we can't find a person on our own planet.

That is certainly a good point. We can see millions of miles away with the telescopes (like in Binaural!), but we can't find someone who walked away from our own neighborhood.

(PS-- I love the Morro Grande here in Columbus!)

PS Part 2 -- Today is day 2112 since we last saw Brian.
  • silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    (PS-- I love the Morro Grande here in Columbus!)

PS Part 2 -- Today is day 2112 since we last saw Brian.[/quote]

Im here in Columbus what is "morro Grande"??
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
    silver39 wrote:
    Im here in Columbus what is "morro Grande"??

Top-shelf Brasilian coffee. (The best stuff isn't exported.) The stuff that most people think is good...they have no clue. :lol:
  • I'm not sure if its been mentioned or not, but has anyone tried to get Brian's case on the show "disappeared" in the ID channel? Every time i watch it i could imagine Brian's case being an episode. http://investigation.discovery.com/tv/disappeared/ Cant believe how long its been since i saw this thread go up, still seems so recent.
    I'm not sure if its been mentioned or not, but has anyone tried to get Brian's case on the show "disappeared" in the ID channel? Every time i watch it i could imagine Brian's case being an episode. http://investigation.discovery.com/tv/disappeared/ Cant believe how long its been since i saw this thread go up, still seems so recent.

I don't know, but I just passed it on.
    http://www.facebook.com/findbrianshaffer
  • 78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    I'm not sure if its been mentioned or not, but has anyone tried to get Brian's case on the show "disappeared" in the ID channel? Every time i watch it i could imagine Brian's case being an episode. http://investigation.discovery.com/tv/disappeared/ Cant believe how long its been since i saw this thread go up, still seems so recent.

I don't know, but I just passed it on.
    http://www.facebook.com/findbrianshaffer

Just added this link to my FB page.
  • praying for their family. this whole story is just so sad and unbelievable. especially because you know that someone, somewhere has to know something and isn't talking. people amaze me. poor guy.
    'You know time is long, and life is short.
    Begin to live while you still can.'

While we have the gift of life, it seems to me the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity or our glorious uniqueness.-Gilda Radner
    78FLH wrote:

Awesome. Ten Club = best people in the world. When Ed mentions how we need to look out for ourselves and each other, we really do! :D
    praying for their family. this whole story is just so sad and unbelievable. especially because you know that someone, somewhere has to know something and isn't talking. people amaze me. poor guy.

This has been a personal thought of many people connected to the situation. If someone (or someones) would say what they know, then we could maybe, possibly, begin to put this behind us.
  • 78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    78FLH wrote:

Awesome. Ten Club = best people in the world. When Ed mentions how we need to look out for ourselves and each other, we really do! :D

That is exactly right. I have never seen a group of people who look out for each other like the members here do. It is a GREAT community to be a part of. I feel proud to be a small part of it.
    Andy
  • http://www.pjvault.com/jamhead33.html

You've got a really deep & meaningful reason for having the Stickman on your arm, just in case you ever meet any of the band and they ask "why the **** did you get that?"

It made me smile.
  • Today is Brian's birthday.
  • Today is Brian's birthday.

Happy birthday, Brian, wherever you are. I pray that answers are found...
    "Sun sets on this ocean- never once on my devotion."

"If I had this guy's voice, you could all kiss my ass."
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,884
    loolooloo wrote:
    Today is Brian's birthday.

Happy birthday, Brian, wherever you are. I pray that answers are found...

Here, here!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    COMEBACK
    ajb
  • looloolooloolooloo Posts: 378
    Still hoping that answers will be found one day soon.
    "Sun sets on this ocean- never once on my devotion."

"If I had this guy's voice, you could all kiss my ass."
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=188180

I found my own little piece of good luck today.

Good things come in threes, right? Keep the faith!
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=129071

Two years ago tonight!

http://www.twofeetthick.com/2010/05/pea ... -columbus/

Mike’s preset: Dead Flowers (Jagger, Richards), Untitled song for Mike’s son (McCready)

Set List: Oceans, Given To Fly, Corduroy, Got Some, World Wide Suicide, Faithfull, Small Town, Amongst The Waves, Even Flow, Comatose, Marker In The Sand, Unthought Known, Grievance, Alone, The Fixer, Do The Evolution

1st encore: Just Breathe, Black, State Of Love And Trust, Spin The Black Circle, Go

2nd encore: Come Back (dedicated to Brian Shaffer), Once, Hail Hail, Crazy Mary (Williams), Alive, Yellow Ledbetter

My neighbor and I still laugh at Ed's amazing back bends. Combined with a second bottle of wine and it was a little obvious that he might have been fairly intoxicated. :lol:

I don't think ANYONE could have guessed that opener.

During Mike's YL closing solo, I kept pointing to the flag in hopes of Star-Spangled Banner... I KNEW I should have gone to Indy (I didn't.) Oh well.

I have a picture of Ed standing at the far end of the stage (Boom's side) as the wallpaper on my phone. :)
  • dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    My neighbor and I still laugh at Ed's amazing back bends. Combined with a second bottle of wine and it was a little obvious that he might have been fairly intoxicated. :lol:

I don't think ANYONE could have guessed that opener.

During Mike's YL closing solo, I kept pointing to the flag in hopes of Star-Spangled Banner... I KNEW I should have gone to Indy (I didn't.) Oh well.

I have a picture of Ed standing at the far end of the stage (Boom's side) as the wallpaper on my phone. :)[/quote]

I would almost agree that no one would predict Oceans as an opening esepcially in Ohio, BUT, my friend I went with called it all day and all day long I was telling him he was a jack ass! The crazy thing is, we went to Cleveland a few days later, after hearing Oceans open, I was down to two big ones, Release and Wash that I had yet to hear, so I called Wash all day because they had already played Release and by God they played it! Ok, there is your pointless story for the week! Glad i could help.
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
    2,272 days (or 6 years, 2 months, 19 days)

...and counting.
    https://www.facebook.com/missingpersonfromohio

Facebook page for Ohio's missing persons.
  • veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Very sad reading this.... :(

I forget to check in on this sometimes and when I see it on the top of the page I think there's going to be some news.... :(
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    https://www.facebook.com/missingpersonfromohio

Facebook page for Ohio's missing persons.

:( and :D too
    :( cuz this has gone on so long, sadly
    and :D cuz maybe someone will come home because of it
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    i hope one day soon...we have good news
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • i hope one day soon...we have good news

Hope! :)

And last Friday was the "anniversary" of Randy's departure. :(