Options

Question from a noob about some old PJ memorabilia

P J PP J P Posts: 22
edited February 2012 in Lost Dogs
Hi all. I was a charter member of the 10c way back (when I rolled over from the Mother Love Bone Earth Affair) and have some old stuff from around that period. Not sure if I want to sell or trade any of it yet, but I'm just looking for some input on what they may be worth.

First, I have the first two Christmas singles. Let Me Sleep is in near mint condition in the original mailing package (dated Jan 1992) which included a xeroxed newsletter. The paper sleeve for Who Killed Rudolph? got ripped when I opened the package, so it has about an inch of scotch tape across it on both sides, but the vinyl is in excellent condition.

I also have the demo cassette that was mailed to the MLB fan club members with Alive/Wash/I've Got A Feeling. Played the hell out this thing back then so not sure what kind of shape it's in yet since I don't have a cassette player handy.

I have a size XL tshirt from the Drop In The Park show in Seattle from the summer of 92. The one with the photo of their tour manager taking a dump. It's in like new condition, having sat untouched in a box since the week of the show. I probably have a ticket stub for this amazing show somewhere too.

I also know I have one of the Mookie Blaylock shirts that I got at one of their early shows somewhere (black and white xerox of Mookie in front of a rectangle of repeated Pearl Jams) but am still going through old stuff trying to find it. I'm told that may be worth $500 depending on what kind of shape it's in.

I also have the original prints and negatives for about 40 pics I took at the Pain In The Grass mural amphitheater show in Seattle the summer of 1991. I was in the front along the barricade to the right of the stage, directly below the speakers Eddie climbed. Got some really cool shots of him standing with the Space Needle towering behind him.

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me - this forum is mind blowingly awesome.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    Not sure on the prices of the merch but I would be very interested in the photos/negatives.
    I'm a photographer and love this kind of stuff!
    Let me know if you are wanting to get rid of them! :D

Welcome back by the way!
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    awesome and welcome to the forums! There are some great members on here that will do better than I can with your questions but you can look on ebay for items that sold already to get a good feel for some items. any chance you remember your 10c # from back then? I would love to know what they assigned you as someone who was there from the very beginning!
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    I'd love the manager taking a dump shirt... Lol :)
  • Options
    I don't recall my number or even having one, really. I asked 10c if they had a record of my old membership but they said all they have is records from 96 on when things went electronic.
  • Options
    Not sure about the prices either- but would love to know.... That's some old school swag!

Definitely interested in the DITP shirt and ticket if you decide to part.

PM sent.

Good luck, and welcome back!
  • Options
    Awesome to live all those thing at that time!!

Interested in both xmas singles..
    pm sent
  • Options
    P J P wrote:
    I also have the original prints and negatives for about 40 pics I took at the Pain In The Grass mural amphitheater show in Seattle the summer of 1991. I was in the front along the barricade to the right of the stage, directly below the speakers Eddie climbed. Got some really cool shots of him standing with the Space Needle towering behind him.
    Welcome! I'm thinking that you should scan a few of these pics and post them!!
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
    ***I wanna live my life with the volume full***
  • Options
    PNuttyJam wrote:
    P J P wrote:
    Welcome! I'm thinking that you should scan a few of these pics and post them!!
    Good idea and I'll definitely see about doing that. Which would be the right forum for posting those? This one or one of the others?
  • Options
    post those pics right in this thread. I'd like to see those.
  • Options
    yes!! Yes!!

post those pics right in this thread. I'd like to see those.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Here's a few of the Mural Ampitheater pics. These are drugstore 3x5 prints scanned on my flatbed, but you get the idea. I'm no pro photographer - I was a 19 year old with a cheap camera with an auto flash but they came out pretty good. When Ed climbed the speakers I was standing in front of, I remember thinking, "Damn I sure hope this shitty little camera works..." Crazy to think this was over 20 years ago. What a killer day this was!

pearljamaug199101.jpg
    pearljamaug199102.jpg
    pearljamaug199103.jpg
    pearljamaug199105.jpg
    pearljamaug199104.jpg
    Post edited by P J P on
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    amazing. thank you
  • Options
    zdogbonezdogbone Posts: 117
    P J P wrote:
    Here's a few of the Mural Ampitheater pics. These are drugstore 3x5 prints scanned on my flatbed, but you get the idea. I'm no pro photographer - I was a 19 year old with a cheap camera with an auto flash but they came out pretty good. When Ed climbed the speakers I was standing in front of, I remember thinking, "Damn I sure hope this shitty little camera works..." Crazy to think this was over 20 years ago. What a killer day this was!

pearljamaug199101.jpg
    pearljamaug199102.jpg
    pearljamaug199103.jpg
    pearljamaug199104.jpg
    pearljamaug199105.jpg
    **priceless**
    Three crooked hearts and swirls all around... I miss you all day
  • Options
    alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    awesome pics!
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    Incredible pictures :D
  • Options
    dude!
  • Options
    Awesome! Having that experience would be worth more than any merchandise item.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,204
    :shock:
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    That 4th pic from the top is simply awesome.
    Great stuff.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,833
    Rockin' pics!!! That's some iconic stuff w/ young Eddie and the Space Needle. Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    OMG those pics are so FAB!!!! && (on a personal note 8-) ) I love that I've now seen that hat of Jeff's at the museum at PJ20 at Alpine Valley!! :lol:
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Awesome pics!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    real nice...........
    ajb
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,420
    amazing photos!

Too bad Eddie didn't try to climb the Space Needle! :shock:
  • Options
    stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    edited February 2012
    You my friend, you are no noob! 8-)
    Post edited by stickman on
  • Options
    LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
    You weren't wearing a baseball hat with a ponytail sticking through the hole in the back,while your head was twitching uncontrollably,were you?
    :)

If you've seen the video bootleg of the show,you'll know what I'm taking about ;)
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    WOW!!
  • Options
    LOV2ROCK wrote:
    You weren't wearing a baseball hat with a ponytail sticking through the hole in the back,while your head was twitching uncontrollably,were you?
    :)

If you've seen the video bootleg of the show,you'll know what I'm taking about ;)
    Ha ha, no. I've seen that video and I'm over to the right out of the frame most of the time. You can only see my head for a split second. I was standing directly in front of the speakers, stupidly frying my eardrums. But most of the flashes you see going off are probably mine (well, about 40 of them anyway).
  • Options
    That's unreal. My jealousy level is at a record high.

Can't even imagine what is must have been like to be there for that.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    P J P wrote:

pearljamaug199101.jpg
    pearljamaug199102.jpg
    pearljamaug199103.jpg
    pearljamaug199104.jpg
    pearljamaug199105.jpg

Thank you sir! These are just... just magnificent! And welcome back, it's good to have you here.
    Go listen to John Frusciante right now!