Options

LISTEN!!!!

pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
edited February 2012 in Lost Dogs
This (the lost dogs) board is for fans of PEARL JAM to to sell/give away/trade PJ merch....NOT for a profit....this is to help other PJ fans out....Call me crazy but, these last few days have been ridiculous...non-responses to pm's/non-responses period....if you're gonna put something up for sale/trade/a give-away, at least have the decency to respond to ppl who would like to take you up on your offer.....C'mon!

If I seem out of line....sorry!!
aqo2t.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    not for profit? it's for whatever the sellers want it to be. I give lots of stuff away, but when I sell something, I hate that the general consensus around here now is to take a loss at everything you are selling. people expect rock bottom prices on everything unless it's got the word "limited" on it. then they remortgage their house for it. I'm not flipping, but if I want to sell something, I'm not Walmart, I'll sell it to you at a reasonable price.

no, it's not ebay. but avoiding their fees isn't the only reason I prefer to come here if I can. I haven't sold enough on ebay to be a "reputable seller" (even though my combined seller/buyer feedback is 100%) so I have to wait at least 21 days after payment clears to get it into my paypal account, THEN it takes another 4-8 days for the transfer to hit my bank. it's ludicrous.

and I know the pm part wasn't directed at me, but really, some people forget about pm's. once you read them, you forget about it. this isn't someone's email account they check multiple times a day. they might check it, not know the answer right away, but then they forget. it happens. or they're on their phone and can read pm's but can't respond to them.

just take it easy, have a drink, and relax. maybe listen to some Xavier Rudd. always works for me.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    curlygirly9curlygirly9 Vancouver, WA Posts: 1,872
    pjradio wrote:
    This (the lost dogs) board is for fans of PEARL JAM to to sell/give away/trade PJ merch....NOT for a profit....this is to help other PJ fans out....Call me crazy but, these last few days have been ridiculous...non-responses to pm's/non-responses period....if you're gonna put something up for sale/trade/a give-away, at least have the decency to respond to ppl who would like to take you up on your offer.....C'mon!

Agreed. I offered some stuff that someone asked for, for trade for a bottle of faithful ale, we PM'ed a couple times, then never heard back. classy. Thanks for saying it.
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
  • Options
    I hate that the general consensus around here now is to take a loss at everything you are selling. people expect rock bottom prices on everything unless it's got the word "limited" on it. then they remortgage their house for it
    do you even know what I was looking to get/or what they were offering it for?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Honestly, sometimes I might check my messages at work and then just forget about it because by the time I get home it's not the first thing on my mind. So if I ever forget to respond...just shoot me another follow up PM. I won't take it personally 8-)
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    not for profit? it's for whatever the sellers want it to be. I give lots of stuff away, but when I sell something, I hate that the general consensus around here now is to take a loss at everything you are selling. people expect rock bottom prices on everything unless it's got the word "limited" on it. then they remortgage their house for it. I'm not flipping, but if I want to sell something, I'm not Walmart, I'll sell it to you at a reasonable price.

no, it's not ebay. but avoiding their fees isn't the only reason I prefer to come here if I can. I haven't sold enough on ebay to be a "reputable seller" (even though my combined seller/buyer feedback is 100%) so I have to wait at least 21 days after payment clears to get it into my paypal account, THEN it takes another 4-8 days for the transfer to hit my bank. it's ludicrous.

and I know the pm part wasn't directed at me, but really, some people forget about pm's. once you read them, you forget about it. this isn't someone's email account they check multiple times a day. they might check it, not know the answer right away, but then they forget. it happens. or they're on their phone and can read pm's but can't respond to them.

just take it easy, have a drink, and relax. maybe listen to some Xavier Rudd. always works for me.

the point wasn't the "profit'....(I shouldn't have even mentioned that)...it was the fact that this person has been "bumping" his sale for days & when I finally responded & asked if it was still available....within minutes, they responded "YES, IT IS STILL AVAILABLE"...but when it came to do the sale (4-5 minutes later)...they disappeared....nothing since...thats all I'm talking about
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,981
    Wasn't me.

I would hope that with your generic description someone doesnt think that I am some sort of shady prick.

With the numerous bumps, it really would be fair to all to enlighten us (sellers, traders, and prospective buyers) of what item(s) we should be wary of. We can all connect dots fairly well here.

I have just completed 5 or 6 transactions within the last week with only a slight hiccup involving a few T-shirts and all involved have been either extremely pleased and/or extremely understanding.

If what you are refering to happens to be my thread marked with "*", it is simply because moments, actual moments, not even minutes, after posting a thread listing 2 beanies for sale, I recieved a PM from a fan in Oregon wanting to purchase them immediatly. In the spirit of not wasting others time, I removed the picture and edited the thread title. The buyer received them yesterday, and was extremely pleased. I could copy in the PM's that we had between us, but alas, they are "PM's".

If what you are refering to did NOT include me, which I sincerely and respectfully hope, well just move along.

EDIT: upon further review of posts... DEFINETLEY WAS NOT ME :) I have never owned Mad Season on vinyl. I dont even own Yield :D So it could not be me who was offering them up and unleashed the Kracken!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    tigers84tigers84 Greenville, SC Posts: 457
    Agreed. Some of u guys need to put down ur phones and laptops for a day. Theres a whole, cool world outside!! Get some sun and fresh air!! This band is awesome, but a new poster is not a highlight of ur life, is it. Seriously, the door just pushes open!!!!

BUGS IN THE WAY, I FEEL ABOUT YOU
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    pjradio wrote:

This happened to me at the weekend, the guy said send a pm for shipping overseas. So I did and he never replied and then sold the item. I know full well I pm'd before anyone else. And he was on the good traders thread! Its ignorant but sod it, its only a cd, I've had bigger things to worry about the last few days.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Is this a bad time for me to ask if anyone wants my PJ Billboard print for $450?
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,981
    :lol:

Maybe you would be willing to entertain an offer...
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    I hate that the general consensus around here now is to take a loss at everything you are selling. people expect rock bottom prices on everything unless it's got the word "limited" on it. then they remortgage their house for it
    do you even know what I was looking to get/or what they were offering it for?

I was responding to your "for profit" comment. what you wanted from this person was irrelevant.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I'll take offers.
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    I'll take offers.

This is not ebay you flipper! :lol:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    arq wrote:
    I'll take offers.

LOL!!!! I just bought a Lost Dogs, Binaural, and a Benny... I NEED TO SELL THIS PRINT FOR A FLIPPIN' PROFIT!!!
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    LOL!!!! I just bought a Lost Dogs, Binaural, and a Benny... I NEED TO SELL THIS PRINT FOR A FLIPPIN' PROFIT!!!

Congrats man that's some serious $$$
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    arq wrote:
    I'll take offers.

HOLY CRAPADOODLE BATMAN.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Thanks. I decided I'd get more use out of spinning the vinyl more than I would out of sitting on these prints. Sadly, some will never see a frame and my walls. I love the PJ Billboard print but I have to part with it. Gonna put up a thread soon enough here.
  • Options
    Thanks. I decided I'd get more use out of spinning the vinyl more than I would out of sitting on these prints. Sadly, some will never see a frame and my walls. I love the PJ Billboard print but I have to part with it. Gonna put up a thread soon enough here.

put me in the interested pile....
    aqo2t.jpg