Options

EV Solo setlist request (help needed)

mahg33tamahg33ta Posts: 29
edited July 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Going to see EV in Boston this weekend
Wife is a huge Into the Wild fan, less knowledgable about all the PJ songs

Anyway, she wants to put some PJ songs that are likely to be played into heavy rotation on her mp3 this week....

BUT, I don't want to look at setlists and be spoiled

SO, could some kind soul who's seen the west coast setlists list some PJ songs in this thread that are likely to be played (she knows all the hits but I'm guessing it will be more obscure stuff)

I won't be checking this thread again, but I'm sending her a link

thanks in advance!

ps. because we are both fans of being familiar w/ the music we see live, we also have the Liam Finn playing awaying daily- pretty good stuff IMO
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    It will be sort of light on the PJ songs, heavy on into the wild, and also some of those "traditional" ed covers.

It's best to think of it as a two-hour Ed preset.

Pearl JAm wise it will stuff like I Am Mine, Drifting, Dead Man ... Porch, being the only "hit" ... maybe an acoustic Lukin. Around the Bend got played a lot on the West Coast. Thumbing my Way and Parting Ways each got a spin or two.

Covers wise, it's stuff like Throw Your Arms Around Me, Walking the Cow, Hide Your Love Away, Growing Up, Won't Back Down, Trouble ... and then some other stuff that hadn't made many PJ appearances (Forever Young by Dylan, Millworker by James Taylor, If You Want to Sing Out, by Cat Stevens).

Then there are the occasional Ed uke songs ... Brokenhearted, Soon Forget, Goodbye ...

That ought to give you a pretty good starting point as far as stuff to download.

Have fun! The shows are a blast. Very intimate. Lot of banter by Ed. Just please don't be one of the imbeciles screaming song requests every time Ed takes a breath ;)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do