Options

Question about posters

Hairy DaneHairy Dane Denmark Posts: 205
edited January 2012 in Lost Dogs
Hey all!

I have a quick question about the general Pearl Jam posters: I am planning on hanging 2 or 3 posters above my "new" stereo, but the wall in question is very exposed to sunlight. When I had a bookshelf against the wall, several of my books were bleached by the sun. So how coloursafe are the pearl Jam posters? I wouls hate to see them fade after two months. The posters in question are from the scratch and dent section in goods, so I am not planning on spending a fortune on special glass and what not, but still ...

PS: Pardon my lack of correct language, but I simply could not find another word than "coloursafe". And feel free to move this topic if I posted it in the wrong section.
Have fun, walk hard and stay alive.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BigdaBigda Posts: 469
    i had some PJ posters framed and hanging in my old apt. for years. however they were not exposed to direct sunlight. but still in what i would in turn call "normal use":) and they were pretty "colorsafe" that way to the extent i would say they havent lost a bit of their glamour:)

funny, i have been thinking of the same question so i will follow all the good advice here!

good luck and greetings!
    b.
    Prague '95 (w/Neil Young), Warsaw '96, Seattle '98, Katowice x2 '00, Berlin '00, Berlin '06, Katowice '07, Copenhagen '07, Belfast '10, Berlin '10, Amsterdam '12, Prague'12, Berlin x2 '12, Vienna '14, Berlin '14..
  • Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049
    If any prints are displayed in direct sunlight they will fade. The fact that your books faded is a prime example and having them in glass frames wont help much. You could laminate them and that could have a UV protection in it but this is more cost, takes the look away from the posters and generally unpractical. Also its not fool proof. Without sounding like Im stating the obvious the only way I know to get your posters displayed and in the best possible condition is to keep them out of strong natural sunlight.
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options
    arakiasarakias Posts: 281
    Dont put them in the sunlight! Conservation grade glass may protect them to some extent (its more expensive) but I emphasize not leaving them in sunlight for too long.