what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• i just popped a zit on the back of my ear, and it was thick and chunky and voluminous as a mothereffer. I could have frosted a cake with it... although I don't think I'd want to eat it. :|
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • *my grandpa emailed this to me a few years back; whether its an actual Cherokee story is debatable, but either way, its a good one!

Two Wolves

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between two "wolves" inside us all...

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kinddness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grand son thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."
    'You know time is long, and life is short.
    Begin to live while you still can.'

While we have the gift of life, it seems to me the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity or our glorious uniqueness.-Gilda Radner
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    i just popped a zit on the back of my ear, and it was thick and chunky and voluminous as a mothereffer. I could have frosted a cake with it... although I don't think I'd want to eat it. :|
    eeeewwww. that is sooooooooooo gross. :oops: :lol::sick:
  • EmBleve wrote:
    i just popped a zit on the back of my ear, and it was thick and chunky and voluminous as a mothereffer. I could have frosted a cake with it... although I don't think I'd want to eat it. :|

I KNOW :lol:

have you ever "found" one on the back of your ear, on your scalp, etc that must have been there for WEEKS?

:sick:
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    *my grandpa emailed this to me a few years back; whether its an actual Cherokee story is debatable, but either way, its a good one!

Two Wolves

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kinddness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grand son thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

my grandson's middle name is Taliwaya, translating into Two Wolves
    i think the story is similar in their family :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    Happiness! :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    still wondering
    baby or no baby?
    i don't recall ever having so much troubles
    wish her good luck
    and to hold on to that growing inside her
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    Florida or stay home.....
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    to do or not to do
  • the announcement coming from My Morning Jacket tomorrow 8-)
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    *my grandpa emailed this to me a few years back; whether its an actual Cherokee story is debatable, but either way, its a good one!

Two Wolves

Thats a great story - and it seems quite true to me.... thanks for sharing.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    the female anatomy
  • RaniRani Posts: 434
    :lol:
    conman wrote:
    the female anatomy
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,341
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    what could it been ,what could it been,we never be ,we you could been here,i could been there,
    its alright,,its alright..
    ......and i sing...... tururutu tururu.....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Him ...
    hope u feel better soon......

better feel pain for live something and missing it....than never live it....trust me,im fuckin jealous of you...
    im fuckin jealous of your pain..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Aaaaaaaaaarrrrgh.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    EmBleve wrote:

I KNOW :lol:

have you ever "found" one on the back of your ear, on your scalp, etc that must have been there for WEEKS?

:sick:
    um, yeah. Still gross. :think: :lol:
    StillHere wrote:
    still wondering
    baby or no baby?
    i don't recall ever having so much troubles
    wish her good luck
    and to hold on to that growing inside her
    best wishes and good luck to her Jo.
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Got a new job! :D:D:D
    Going to Vegas to see Eddie for my 30th b-day present (hopefully I get tix)!
    This week is just getting better and better!
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
    Him ...

:mrgreen: You two will be together soon enough. :mrgreen:
    Jukee wrote:
    Got a new job! :D:D:D
    Going to Vegas to see Eddie for my 30th b-day present (hopefully I get tix)!
    This week is just getting better and better!

:clap::clap::clap: Congrats on it all!
    wishing my headache would go away today already. 8 days is plenty long for me. :|
    remember how mature and put together the people were on that old show ThirtySomething? Most 30 somethings I know play xbox and light their farts. It should have been SixtySomething.
  • paysonitespaysonites The Rim Country Posts: 1,150
    Love..Love...Love....Love....Love.....Love.....Love......IS ALL WE NEED
    John and Shawna
  • i must not think bad thoughts...
    :twisted:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

I wonder what vodka infused gummy bears would taste like. Sounds like a perfect tailgate item. :mrgreen:
    sheila0225 wrote:
    I wonder what vodka infused gummy bears would taste like. Sounds like a perfect tailgate item. :mrgreen:

probably like super extra yummy gummies :)
    peace,
    jo