*** Milwaukee I Fanviews 6/29 Here ***

edwhoedwho Posts: 811
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
~

Pearl Jam Set List: Wasted Reprise, Life Wasted, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Corduroy, Animal, In Hiding, Even Flow, Gone, Better Man/(Save it for Later), Do The Evolution, Why Go, Jeremy, Inside Job, Comatose, Rearviewmirror

1st Encore: Crazy Mary, Leash, Porch

Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers Set List: Listen To Her Heart, You Don't Know How It Feels, I Won't Back Down, Free Fallin', Saving Grace, Handle With Care, Mary Jane’s Last Dance, I’m A Man, Oh Well, Here Comes My Girl, Red Rooster, The Waiting (with Ed), Cabin Down Below, Learning To Fly, Don't Come Around Here No More, Refugee, Running Down A Dream

Encore: You Wreck Me, Mystic Eyes, American Girl (with Ed)

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Set List Sources tenclub.net and tompetty.com

~

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    How long was the set?
    They did an encore?

Very different from St. Paul!
    See you tomorrow night!
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    for a short setlist, that's really, really nice.
  • They did a short encore and Ed came back to sing the vocals on Tom Petty's "the waiting"...was very cool

Jeremy rocked. and LEASH. wonder what petty fans thought of that song...heheh. ooo and rearview mirror was in there too. Crazy Mary was also very good. and I was so happy to hear animal again! Crowd was really on the ball by evenflow too.

Great set, even if it seemed there were a few speaker snafus in the first couple songs for a moment or two.

All I have to say is cudos to the Petty fans I was around. They were jammin out to PJ too. Petty also put on a great show. free fallin played during fireworks...and I am still deaf and hoarse from not knowing what to scream louder for.

thank god the power was on!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I escaped it...a life wasted...and I'm never going back again.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • markinsandmarkinsand Posts: 184
    very tired must sleep before my baby wakes up

GREAT shows, PJ was dynamite and Petty was very solid, we had a great time!
  • NakedClownNakedClown Posts: 545
    As a lifelong Wisconsinite transplated to L.A. - it kills me that I am not at these shows...
  • pjfan9110pjfan9110 Posts: 145
    Pearl Jam Set List: Wasted Reprise, Life Wasted, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Corduroy, Animal, In Hiding, Even Flow, Gone, Better Man/(Save it for Later), Do The Evolution, Why Go, Jeremy, Inside Job, Comatose, Rearviewmirror

1st Encore: Crazy Mary, Leash, Porch

wow...just got back a little while ago....tonight was SOLID!!! i love the new album...but seven new songs was a little much...nonetheless it was a great night...when pj played there were so many empty seats still in the reserved area...i was like 20 rows back and there were between 6 and 8 seats open the whole time. the show started off rockin...in hiding was amazing...didn't expect that one...save it for later is always classic....after rearviewmirror i was nervous that was gonna be it, seeing as how pj didn't start playing until after 8...thank goodness they came back for an encore which freakin rocked!!! crazy mary was awesome...boom had a sweet organ solo....and i finally heard them drop the LEASH!! for a short night pj was definitely in top form. the petty fan were annoying....half of them were sitting throughout the whole show...and they only cheered when they heard the radio hits....oh well...all in all a great night...can't wait for tomorrow!!!!
    1998-06-27 Alpine Valley, WI / 2000-10-08 Alpine Valley, WI / 2003-06-21 Alpine Valley, WI / 2003-04-26 Mellon Arena, PA / 2004-10-03 Grand Rapids VFC, 2006-05-17 United Center, IL / 2006-06-29 Milwaukee, WI / 2006-06-30 Milwaukke, WI / 2011-09-03 Alpine Valley PJ20 / 2011-09-04 Alpine Valley PJ20 / 2013-07-19 Wrigley Field / 2014-10-19 St. Paul / 2014-10-20 Milwaukee, WI
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I found the show a bit disappointing tonight.........I love the new album but they played a few too many songs from it. They still rocked out pretty hard though, my biggest complaints are that the song choices for the encore werent the greatest and mike seemed to have taken the night off from the guitar because I have seen him play much better than he did tonight. All in all it was a decent show, not the best, but I still enjoyed it more than Tom Petty actually.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    THE LEASH WAS DROPPED!!!! It was worth the price of admission just to hear that. I don't think I've ever jumped as high as I did when they started Leash!!! Great treat to hear that. In Hiding was also a pleseant suprise. Was it just me or did the jam at the end of Crazy Mary seem shorter than usual. Im guessing due to the time restrictions. Why Go and Porch were nice as well. I was glad they did an encore. Im also glad Porch ended the show. I love Ledbetter but it was nice to hear a different closer for a change and Porch was a great choice. Wasted Reprise into Life Wasted was a great opener. Had nice 25th row seats, thanks 10c!!!

All the PJ people around me were awesome and so were the majority of the Petty fans. There were some empty seats during PJ which was a shame. Some Petty fans were sitting during PJ. To each their own but I thought it was lame. I stood throughout all of Petty. I don't sit at rock shows. Petty's set was predictible but good. Anyone who left before Petty missed out. The WHOLE crowd was singing during his greatest hits which comprimised most of his set. The fireworks during Free Fallin' were great as well. Ed was great on The Waiting and American Girl. All in all I'd say it was worth the money. Just a great night of American Rock and Roll!!!

Looking forward to later TODAY!! Time for some sleep now. Hoping for some Smile later today!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    Imy biggest complaints are that the song choices for the encore werent the greatest .

I don't think Leash qualifies as not the greatest!!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    The only complaint I have is can they throw a couple slower songs in their. I love the rockers but Im getting old and I was beat by the end of that set since it rocked so hard!!!
  • tylerj1462tylerj1462 Posts: 40
    For a shorter setlist it was a great show. Between the 19 Pearl Jam songs and Eddie showing up for Two Petty songs I think I got my money's worth as a Pearl Jam fan. I loved the way Eddie sang the two Petty songs, he put so much emotion into it.

A couple times during the show Eddie talked about it being "an emotional day for us", and before Porch he gave a little speech about life being fragil. Does anyone have an idea about what happened?

See everyone tomorrow night.
    "so this is how liberty ends, with thunderous applause"
  • What time did the Petty finish, right at 11?
    One man, with a dream at leisure
    Can go out to conquer a crown,
    But three, with a new song's measure
    Can crumble an Empire down.

From "Ode" by Arthur O'Shaunessy (d. 1889)
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    I have mixed reactions:

1: all Petty haters, he was great, and I think he was worth the extra cash and a little less PJ (still sucks it was cut). He definately is a guy who has been singing those songs for 20+ years, as he didn't show much emotion, but the heartbreakers were fabulous. I had never seen Petty and was pleasatly surprised after all the prior posts. His sound was much louder and heavier than I thought it'd be. Actually was cool hearign it with a little metal edge to it. Lead Guitarist was awesome, Red Rooster was a blues phenom.
    Ed sang 2 song, the waiting and American Girl, he sounded just like TP on the waiting. Ed was fooling around with some VIP kid pulling his hood over his curly hair while waiting for the American Girl encore. It was worth sticking around to see Eddie grinning after a night he was clearly vexed. Petty did not suck, just a different kind of show. The crowd was hot all night for TP(though a good PJ crowd puts them to shame). I came in kind of with a negative vibe, and left really satisfied. Tom Petty is one ugly dude.

the petty fans by me (5th row in front between Ed and Stone) were fine, though a lot of seat jumping ater PJ. A lot of empty seats during PJ, but all full by Petty. Not too much Pot, most of it was from PJ fans anyhow. I thought the crowd was subpar for PJ, the ten clubbers were rocking hard trying to make up for the quiet sitters. The power outage was weird. We heard a huge bang around 3 and didn't think much and about 30 minutes later it was pretty quiet when they announced the power was out. it effected the entire place, vendors, side stages....we were sweating bullets the show wouldn't go on, there was even a news crew there interviewing fans with what ifs. Fucked up our plans for a funnel cake

PJ's set was fast and furious, was surprised with as much new stuff, maybe that bodes well for Friday having some rare stuff (if you don't count Leash and In Hiding, and Crazy Mary as rare).

Mike's soslo for evenflow was terrible, he is trying these kind of slow bluesy type starts, and they just don't sound good. Maybe his worst EF solo ever.

Matt's drum solo was bad ass though

Boom shredded the B3 on crazy mary

a few sound glitches early. probably due to a last minute soundcheck from the power failure.

Avacado Head was there with pipe, and so was some garth looking guy in a mookie #10 b-ball jersey. Old school guys some ten clubbers know of.

Ed was bothered by something, still don't know if it was the anny of the deaths, sleater Kin breaking up or someone else dying today. He mentioned they were going through some tough stuff today, and you could tell he was a little out of it at times.

Jeremy, why do they even play it anymore, they clearly can't stand playing it, no life at all to it. I know they may be playing familiar stuff for the fair weather Petty people, but man this was a waste of a song slot.

Highlight of the night was Jeff coming out in a Bucks Jersey, I held up a Sweet Lew Sign I made, he looked at it, pointed and laughed. Worth being a jackass with a sign by seeing his grin. Maybe tomorrow????

It was extremely loud for both sets, made some songs a little harsh, yeah to loud too old whatever.

Beautiful night, a touch less humidty and it was perfect.

Going in Expecting a shorter set made dealing with the reality of it a little easier, though why can't they just start an hour earlier??? We sat around for 5 fucking hours waiting. It just makes much more sense to start a little sooner versus cutting a set.

overall a B concert, Chicago 1/2 were much better, maybe tomorrow wil make up for the few shortcomings of tonight. Pretty conventional set.
  • gforce33gforce33 Posts: 24
    Unlike St. Paul when PJ started right at 7:30, PJ did come on until 8 p.m., and they finished around 9:35ish. Petty didn't come on until about 10:20 and the show last until around 12:15 - flirting with the 12:30 deadline for the venue.

The Waiting featuring Ed was awesome (and his mike was actually on, unlike St. Paul #2). Petty also mixed up his setlist a bit (rare for him) so it proved to be a great night.
  • gforce33gforce33 Posts: 24
    Unlike St. Paul when PJ started right at 7:30, PJ did come on until 8 p.m., and they finished around 9:35ish. Petty didn't come on until about 10:20 and the show last until around 12:15 - flirting with the 12:30 deadline for the venue.

The Waiting featuring Ed was awesome (and his mike was actually on, unlike St. Paul #2). Petty also mixed up his setlist a bit (rare for him) so it proved to be a great night.
  • Just got back and it was awesome! It was amazing! One of the greatest nights of my life! I enjoyed it much more than CHicago 1/2......but there is a story behind that and I had some clouds hanging over me the week of those shows!
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • toddlertoddler Posts: 12
    tylerj1462 wrote:
    For a shorter setlist it was a great show. Between the 19 Pearl Jam songs and Eddie showing up for Two Petty songs I think I got my money's worth as a Pearl Jam fan. I loved the way Eddie sang the two Petty songs, he put so much emotion into it.

A couple times during the show Eddie talked about it being "an emotional day for us", and before Porch he gave a little speech about life being fragil. Does anyone have an idea about what happened?

See everyone tomorrow night.

I think it is the anniversary of Roskilde, and I can understand how it is "emotional" for them on that day...
  • The show was awesome!! Highlights for me were In Hiding, Leash, and Porch as the closer. I couldn't have asked for more for my first PJ show! Somewhere between Leash and Porch, I broke my watch. In the midst of my jumping around I collided in to my sister and the impact knocked my watch off my wrist. Damn...I really liked the watch. Anyway, it was worth it. They dropped the leash in Milwaukee!!!!! The only thing I was bummed about it is that I had lawn seats and the people in our section were not into PJ at all - except for my sister and brother-in-law who were with me and the two guys next to me (huge PJ fans). Thank God for them - they sang and rocked with me all night. I hope the fans were better in the closer sections. The singing at the beginning of Betterman sounded horrible from where I was sitting. I wish my first concert would have been just PJ. Tonight I'm sitting in reserved seats so I'm really hoping I'm going to be next to some people who are into PJ.
    Do you see the way that tree bends?
    Does it inspire?
    Leaning out to catch the sun's rays
    A lesson to be applied
    Lollapalooza 8.5.07
    Gorge 7.22.06, 7.23.06
    Summerfest 6.29.06, 6.30.06
  • They did a short encore and Ed came back to sing the vocals on Tom Petty's "the waiting"...was very cool

Jeremy rocked. and LEASH. wonder what petty fans thought of that song...heheh. ooo and rearview mirror was in there too. Crazy Mary was also very good. and I was so happy to hear animal again! Crowd was really on the ball by evenflow too.

Great set, even if it seemed there were a few speaker snafus in the first couple songs for a moment or two.

All I have to say is cudos to the Petty fans I was around. They were jammin out to PJ too. Petty also put on a great show. free fallin played during fireworks...and I am still deaf and hoarse from not knowing what to scream louder for.

thank god the power was on!
    You guys were lucky enough too get an encore anyway and I am sure it was nice too hear Ed sing the Waiting all we got to do in St. Paul was watch because his mik didn't work thru the whole song and there was a shit load of tech. probs in St. Paul also anyway sounds like it was a good show for you guys.
    Rapid City 98
  • SudokuSudoku Posts: 9
    The entire show was awesome. I was with 2 people who had never seen PJ before and barely listen to them (they know the radio hits, they're not completely oblivious). Anyway the guy at least was extremely impressed, and I was happy to see it!

It couldn't have started any better for me than Wasted Reprise > Life Wasted. I love the new album, and those are my 2 favorite songs (I sorta count them as a package). Very emotional and rocking still!

IN HIDING was such a treat for me, another of my favorites. My friend was blown away by DTE, again I was quite pleased to see his reactions.

The show was very loud, and security was very lax. I was 17th row center, and a cool guy I met was taping the show, so I brought him down to my seat so he could get a better tape. Look for it on bt.etree.org in a few days probably! (DPA 4023's I believe)

Saw Petty last Friday in Indiana (Deer Creek) but last night was much better! The fireworks and Ed singing sure helped. I'm still waiting for my G-L-O-R-I-A!

Bottom line: Chicago in May left me wanting more so I had to pay up for last night, and it was worth every dollar. I'm extremely tempted to go again tonight, but first I gotta get some sleep!!
  • hrd2imgn wrote:
    I have mixed reactions:
    Ed was bothered by something, still don't know if it was the anny of the deaths, sleater Kin breaking up or someone else dying today. He mentioned they were going through some tough stuff today, and you could tell he was a little out of it at times.

Jeremy, why do they even play it anymore, they clearly can't stand playing it, no life at all to it. I know they may be playing familiar stuff for the fair weather Petty people, but man this was a waste of a song slot.

Highlight of the night was Jeff coming out in a Bucks Jersey, I held up a Sweet Lew Sign I made, he looked at it, pointed and laughed. Worth being a jackass with a sign by seeing his grin. Maybe tomorrow????

It was extremely loud for both sets, made some songs a little harsh, yeah to loud too old whatever.

Beautiful night, a touch less humidty and it was perfect.

Going in Expecting a shorter set made dealing with the reality of it a little easier, though why can't they just start an hour earlier??? We sat around for 5 fucking hours waiting. It just makes much more sense to start a little sooner versus cutting a set.

overall a B concert, Chicago 1/2 were much better, maybe tomorrow wil make up for the few shortcomings of tonight. Pretty conventional set.
    What deaths?? Were there other deaths at shows??
    Roskilde was 6 years ago today. Not yesterday
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • LammyLammy Posts: 3
    My 10th show and this was my first disappointing show. Sound was awful. Mike was off. Ed clearly had throat issues. They fought through it and I admire them for that. I agree that it is time to retire the old stuff. Mike's Even Flow solo was a mess and the energy is gone when they play many of the hits.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    GREAT SHOW!!!Short but very fast and upbeat.I don't get what some of you people are saying i was in 29th row and i kept looking back and everyone was standing as far as the eye can see.It seemed like everybody was rocking during pj.I wrote in a post yesterday i would love to hear in hiding and also was hoping for them to drop the leash.HMMMMMMMM maybee they do read this.Awesome show im going back to bed see ya all tonight.Oh and if you are reading this ed please play smile tonight.
  • swardsward Posts: 586
    Lammy wrote:
    My 10th show and this was my first disappointing show. Sound was awful. Mike was off. Ed clearly had throat issues. They fought through it and I admire them for that. I agree that it is time to retire the old stuff. Mike's Even Flow solo was a mess and the energy is gone when they play many of the hits.

Ok..I'll preface with this...I wasn't there..so I can't comment on the performance..but the last part of your quote just doesn't make sense. Retire the old stuff?? You are kidding, right??
  • LammyLammy Posts: 3
    I love the old stuff but they just don't seem to enjoy playing it anymore.
  • pjfan9110pjfan9110 Posts: 145
    uhh..don't retire the old stuff...retire playing seven songs from the new album....i love the new album...but way too many for a short setlist.
    1998-06-27 Alpine Valley, WI / 2000-10-08 Alpine Valley, WI / 2003-06-21 Alpine Valley, WI / 2003-04-26 Mellon Arena, PA / 2004-10-03 Grand Rapids VFC, 2006-05-17 United Center, IL / 2006-06-29 Milwaukee, WI / 2006-06-30 Milwaukke, WI / 2011-09-03 Alpine Valley PJ20 / 2011-09-04 Alpine Valley PJ20 / 2013-07-19 Wrigley Field / 2014-10-19 St. Paul / 2014-10-20 Milwaukee, WI
  • bejasbejas Posts: 10
    One of teh best I have seen. Yes it was short, we'll get our second dose tonight to complete the fix! The boys are still rocking! 10club treated us to great seats!
  • addvsaddvs Posts: 34
    We had so much fun at the concert last night. One of the best I've been to..... eventhough it was short. The setlist was great.... I was so excited to hear Rearview Mirror! We were sitting near ALOT of Petty fans who just didn't get into PJ as much. They were definetely jammin' along, but my husband and I were seriously rockin' out hard core. My legs hurt from all the jumping around and I can barely talk from the screaming and singing. We did have an awesome couple close to us who were pretty much the only people around us rockin' as hard as we were. Great show, though. I'm pissed that I'm not going tonight.

ETA: I forgot to say that between the 3 of us (me, my husband and my brother in law) we spent damn near $140 on beer! But.... my husband and I both got our hoodies!!!! :D
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I felt they could and should have just kept playing. I was so embarassed of the crowd cause it was a petty crowd. You could tell who the pj fans were cause we were going crazy for every song. Many favs last nite. In Hiding, and Inside Job to name a few. I got so into it I was yelling for petty fans to get in the act. Nice to see a full crowd but petty fans no love for pj. I was on stone's side 20 th row. I'll be back 2nite once again going crazy for pj and trying to wake the fucking petty fans up. I like petty but right now its all PJ. See yea there tonight
  • nimsu8nimsu8 Posts: 321
    I was surprised by some of the Petty crowd. A lot of people who looked like they might be in the Pearl Jam 'demo' came in late wearing Petty shirts. Saw some father/son combos where it looked dad was there to see TP and the son for PJ, so I thought that was cool
    Buffalo - 1996; Montreal, Hartford - 1998; San Antonio - 2003; Milwaukee - 2006; Berkeley II - 2008; MSG I - 2008

MSG I pics: http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll22/nimsu8/MSG 1/