Options

Faithful ale!!!

mary justicemary justice Posts: 89
edited October 2012 in The Porch
Anyone interested in faithful ale?? Found 12 bottles tonight. Answer if interested. Also can I mail these?? Not sure of the laws. Thanks .... Mary
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Hi Mary, nice to see you here :D A few folks have shipped them. If you go to the Lost Dogs board and search for "Faithfull Ale" I think you'll find at least a couple of threads and you can PM those folks to see how they shipped them.

So generous of you to offer them here!
  • Options
    Google interstate alcohol shipping laws
    .It is illegal in many states.
    People still do it. Chances of getting caught are slim , but why bother.
    Both the sender and reciever can get in trouble.
    If a minor is involved there could be more problems.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Rules to live by:

· The value of the item is in the collectible container, not its contents.
    · The container has not been opened and any incidental contents are not intended for consumption.
    · The container has a value that substantially exceeds the current retail price of the alcohol in the container.
    · The seller will take all appropriate steps to ensure that the buyer is of lawful age in the buyer and seller's jurisdiction (generally 21 years of age).
    · Buyers and sellers both ensure that the sale complies with all applicable laws and shipping regulations.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    is it ok to ship an empty bottle to Canada?
    i mean as long as Lucky gets his cut........
    ajb
  • Options
    Anyone found anything in Columbus recently?
  • Options
    EL 10EL 10 Posts: 40
    Yes. I got a bottle at the Weber Market on weber & indianola last week. If you love to taste different microbrews - this place is great. Staff is very helpful too.
  • Options
    Color me interested
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I'm interested in some if still avail. as far as I know you can ship beer cause liquour stores sell online through their websites. Would love 2-4 bottles of Faithful Ale. Thanks in Advance. 8-)
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    Don't ship it through US mail. Ship it through UPS or Fedex and you will be fine. Make sure the bottles are wrapped in two layers of bubble wrap and the that the box is filled with newspaper or peanuts. You want the bottles to be as sun as possible in there, when you shake the box nothing should move.
  • Options
    Bob's Bar (Graceland, High St. by TeeJay's) had 8 bottles Friday night. By the time I got over there Sunday afternoon, they had 1 left, which is now in my fridge.

They have a keg on order. Not sure if they'll be ordering anymore bottles though.

Kevin
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    by the way: I have now shared 3 bottles with friends 3 different times. Each time I enjoyed it more than the previous time. It really seems to be aging well.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    BinFrog wrote:
    by the way: I have now shared 3 bottles with friends 3 different times. Each time I enjoyed it more than the previous time. It really seems to be aging well.

is that so.... hmmmmm... i may have to test this myself ;)
  • Options
    ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    BinFrog wrote:

Also good to know! I have three bottles in the beer fridge - opening the first one during the Super Bowl. I'll be interested to see if each bottle gets better with time.

I will be happy to part with 2 of the empty bottles - selfishly, I''ll drink the beer. ;) But, first two PM's get one empty each. Keep in mind it will be a bit before they are empty tho.
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    ogey38 wrote:
    I have three bottles in the beer fridge - opening the first one during the Super Bowl. I'll be interested to see if each bottle gets better with time.

that's a great idea! thanks to dankind, i have a bottle in the fridge as well. i think i'll crack it open during the Super Bowl!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    be careful with a bottle taken out of the fridge...when you take it out to drink, the condensation might make the label warp/slip...just saying
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio » 17 Jan 2012 13:18

be careful with a bottle taken out of the fridge...when you take it out to drink, the condensation might make the label warp/slip...just saying

Thanks for the tip, pjradio. I will be careful. I'm sure whoever wants the empty bottles will want the label intact, too!
  • Options
    FitPearlFitPearl Posts: 744
    jrnyc wrote:
    Don't ship it through US mail. Ship it through UPS or Fedex and you will be fine. Make sure the bottles are wrapped in two layers of bubble wrap and the that the box is filled with newspaper or peanuts. You want the bottles to be as sun as possible in there, when you shake the box nothing should move.
    and tell them its bubble bath, just like my Secret Santa made!! :mrgreen:

:lol:
    "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy

Pearl Jam is the Boxer. We're just happy to be the bag -- Aaron Cunningham,Fanviews '98
  • Options
    bm12musicbm12music Posts: 292
    If anyone would be happy to send an empty bottle to New Zealand I'd be greatful!
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • Options
    UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,382
    Best thing u can do is check with your local UPS store. I sent one to someone in the wishlist secret santa group and I had to go to CT to mail it to MA. It is ilegal to ship in Mass but not illegal to recieve, and it is legal to ship from CT. So a 10 minute drive made it totally legal!!!
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    Anyone interested in faithful ale?? Found 12 bottles tonight. Answer if interested. Also can I mail these?? Not sure of the laws. Thanks .... Mary

I would love a bottle if still available. Please let me know.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    by bm12music » 17 Jan 2012 15:58

If anyone would be happy to send an empty bottle to New Zealand I'd be greatful!

PM sent.
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    Soooo... This isnt going to happen?
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    i told the USPS it was homemade cider

which fit because i was shipping around thanksgiving/xmas
  • Options
    TheKricketTheKricket Chicago Posts: 115
    mfc2006 wrote:
    ogey38 wrote:
    I have three bottles in the beer fridge - opening the first one during the Super Bowl. I'll be interested to see if each bottle gets better with time.

that's a great idea! thanks to dankind, i have a bottle in the fridge as well. i think i'll crack it open during the Super Bowl!

Ha! I have two bottles at home myself - one in the fridge, one in the cupboard. I figured to share them with my PJ concert buddy on Super Sunday as well!

Has anyone actually tasted this stuff? I am no beer connoisseur by any means - just curious if I can get a grasp on what to expect...
    1995.07.09 - 1995.07.11 - 1998.06.27 - 1998.06.29 - 2000.10.08 - 2000.10.09 - 2003.06.18 - 2003.06.21 - 2006.05.16 - 2006.05.17 - 2006.06.30 - 2007.08.05 - 2008.08.21 (ev solo) - 2009.08.24 - 2011.06.28 (ev solo) - 2011.09.03 - 2013.07.19 - 2016.08.22 - 2018.08.18 - 2022.02.09 (ev w/ earthlings) - 2023.09.05
  • Options
    jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    TheKricket wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    ogey38 wrote:

Ha! I have two bottles at home myself - one in the fridge, one in the cupboard. I figured to share them with my PJ concert buddy on Super Sunday as well!

Has anyone actually tasted this stuff? I am no beer connoisseur by any means - just curious if I can get a grasp on what to expect...

Reviews from serious beer drinkers are not good. But as a PJ fan give it a shot and save the bottle.
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    ship them how ever you want .. just dont tell anyone whats in the box ...simple as that .. i have mailed two cases in the past two months and not one got questioned
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,254
    I looked around and did not see this mentioned, so I thought I would share:

Dogfish Head's website has a "Fish Finder" that lets you plug in your zip code and search for stores and restaurants that have received Dogfish Head shipments in the last 60 days. You can search by each individual beer.

I found that a little liquor store in our sleepy little town actually had ten or twelve bottles in stock. I never would have looked there, since I usually go to larger stores.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    If anyone in the Chicagoland area is looking for a bottle of Faithful Ale, let me know.

If someone outside of Chicago is looking for an empty bottle, I may be able to help you out.
  • Options
    flagsflags Posts: 47
    Just a heads up, if anyone is still looking for some Faithful Ale. I was in the Tampa, FL area and the Total Wine store on Dale Mabry had a few bottles on the shelf... They were about $13
  • Options
    fsu2626fsu2626 Posts: 323
    flags wrote:
    Just a heads up, if anyone is still looking for some Faithful Ale. I was in the Tampa, FL area and the Total Wine store on Dale Mabry had a few bottles on the shelf... They were about $13

I heard they were putting some on draft tonight at the World of Beer in South Tampa