Options

To those in attendence @ NJAC

TenaciousJTenaciousJ Posts: 53
edited August 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Having heard reviews of the other Ed solo shows, I was worried the crowd was gonna be a huge distraction from the experience. This was not the case last night. Sure there was some yelling, song requests and other shenanigans, but nothing that really took away from Ed's performance. He seemed very appreciative last night and rewarded us with one hell of a show. So thanks to everyone who was on there best behavior :)

Oh and thanks to whomever asked "the question"

Hope the couple in front enjoyed Smal Town, I sure did.
Maui I 98 / Camden II 98 / Jones Beach I,II,III 00 / Camden I,II 00 / Philadelphia 03 / Camden I 03 / Mansfield III 03 / Reading 04 / Montreal 05 / Camden II 06 / East Rutherford I 06 / Camden I 08 / NYC I,II 08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AmantriaAmantria Posts: 372
    TenaciousJ wrote:
    Having heard reviews of the other Ed solo shows, I was worried the crowd was gonna be a huge distraction from the experience. This was not the case last night. Sure there was some yelling, song requests and other shenanigans, but nothing that really took away from Ed's performance. He seemed very appreciative last night and rewarded us with one hell of a show. So thanks to everyone who was on there best behavior :)

Hope the couple in front enjoyed Smal Town, I sure did.

The show was amazing!! Unfortunately most of the yellers were seated right near me, but still, the best concert I've ever been to hands down.
    Its good to be back!!
  • Options
    TenaciousJ wrote:

I actually video'd his entire answer to that...look for it on YouTube shortly. Meanwhile, someone else shot it too, but I got the whole thing. Here's his; look for mine later: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6y7R9QkIIA&feature=user

I also took the time to transcribe the whole thing:

Q: What are the words to Yellow Ledbetter?

A: What, that song has lyrics? I guess it’s uh, uh, I don’t remember how it goes. They don’t wave, it’s something about they don’t wave. I see them on the front porch, but they don’t wave. This was during the Gulf War, this is Papa Bush. It was about a guy whose brother went to fight in the first Gulf War, and he was kind of an alternative looking guy, like we were, with our shorts and tights and long hair and whatever we had going on. We were activists, and artists, and good young people in Seattle, and smart people (we weren’t ALL drug addicts, you know). And so it was the story about his brother being killed over there, and then he gets a yellow letter in the mail, that says your brother was killed.

And so he tries to take a walk, he’s walking this off in his little suburban neighborhood, and he’s walking it off, his mind’s racing, he doesn’t know what to do, he feels like he can’t take a step without falling into some deep abyss, and he’s walking and walking, and he sees a couple on a porch with an American flag, he waves to them, like, “you’re my brother,” you know. And then the people look at him like, “You f8ucking scumbag.” You know what I mean? Who are you? They don’t know. They don’t know the inside; they judge him by his cover. That’s what the thought was.

Because there have been "third party copyright" complaints on EV videos for this tour, I am tagging all mine with a simple EV. My username is AvsGirl66. Look for them soon.
    Laura in NJ
    4-17-1994 Paramount Theater, NYC
    6-20-1995 Red Rocks (Sponsored By No One tour)
    6-23-1998 Fiddler’s Green, CO
    7-09-2003 MSG NYC
    9-28-2004 Fleet Center, Boston (Vote For Change warmup)
    6-01-2006 & 6-03-2006 E. Rutherford, NJ
    6-25-2008 MSG NYC * 7-07-2008 EV NJPAC
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    I just really wish people would stop yelling out "Eddie!" like he's going to stop the show and ask "Who said that?" and then come over and have a conversation with you...I mean...seriously
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    FrankieJFrankieJ Posts: 602

Because there have been "third party copyright" complaints on EV videos for this tour, I am tagging all mine with a simple EV. My username is AvsGirl66. Look for them soon.

Let us know when you post the vids. :) Thanks.
    GO GIANTS
    GO DEVILS
    7/14/03-PNC NJ ~ 6/1/06-CAA1 NJ ~ 6/3/06-CAA2 NJ ~ 8/5/07-Lolla IL ~ 6/24/08-MSG1 ~ 6/25/08-MSG2 ~ 8/7/08-NJPAC (eV Solo)

"I'm feeling kinda righteous right now...with my Bad@$$-M0therf*ck!n'-Ukulele!"
    -eV 8/7
  • Options
    sweetpotatosweetpotato Posts: 1,278
    petrocs wrote:
    I just really wish people would stop yelling out "Eddie!" like he's going to stop the show and ask "Who said that?" and then come over and have a conversation with you...I mean...seriously

yeah, like the dick a few rows in front of me who kept yelling that, AND smoking. he was drunk, so he was probably the third tier farter, as well.
    "Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States, Barack Obama."

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

"i'm feeling kinda righteous right now. with my badass motherfuckin' ukulele!"
    ~ed, 8/7
  • Options
    yeah, like the dick a few rows in front of me who kept yelling that, AND smoking. he was drunk, so he was probably the third tier farter, as well.

I was in 3rd tier and I thought I smelled something funny dead middle 5th row I was
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    I was in 3rd tier and I thought I smelled something funny dead middle 5th row I was

yeah, this is the second show i've been trapped near an ass cannon. luckily the place was well ventilated.

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

~ed, 8/7
  • Options
    ass cannon.

haha
    Maui I 98 / Camden II 98 / Jones Beach I,II,III 00 / Camden I,II 00 / Philadelphia 03 / Camden I 03 / Mansfield III 03 / Reading 04 / Montreal 05 / Camden II 06 / East Rutherford I 06 / Camden I 08 / NYC I,II 08
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I had a complete douche bag sitting right next to me. I was shaking my leg which is just a habit I have and the guy tapped my shoulder and told me to stop in a very rude manner. He was also dressed like a tool. He hardly even enjoyed the show.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    and to the girl right in front of me with the phone light glaring in my face whiel she text her friend...please dont ever come to another show again
    Shows:
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    The only problem I had was the guy behind me in the grand tier who kept shouting "play footsteps". Granted Footsteps in an awesome song but Eddie wasn't going to play it just because you shouted Out in between every damn song.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    InquisitiveOneInquisitiveOne Posts: 169
    edited March 2010
    mammasan wrote:
    The only problem I had was the guy behind me in the grand tier who kept shouting "play footsteps". Granted Footsteps in an awesome song but Eddie wasn't going to play it just because you shouted Out in between every damn song.

That jerk shoulda been shot... he screamed/requested it about 10x + throughout the night... sooo annoying!
    Post edited by InquisitiveOne on
    "Now when people ask me, where's my favorite place to play, I'll reply, Newark NJ!" -EV (solo '08)
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    That douche shoulda been shot... he screamed/requested it about 10x + throughout the night.... soooo annoying!

It definitely grew tiresome after the third or fourth time. After about an hour of it I was praying that Ed would either play the damn song or tell the guy to shut the fuck up because he wasn't going to play Footstep.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    i was nervous too because of all the comments i've heard ab boston and ny..but the crownd was awesome besides the guy who screamed footsteps..he was right above me...fuckin awesome show
    2006-06-01-East Rutherford
    2008-06-19-Camden
    2008-06-25-MSG 2
    EV
    2008-08-07-Newark

"We're running out of beer too?" EV 6-19-08
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    setlist anyone..?

why the blackout on the setlist??
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    The LoonThe Loon Posts: 23
    locked wrote:
    setlist anyone..?

why the blackout on the setlist??
    I posted a link to it for you above. Hopefully you'll see it. lol
  • Options
    The LoonThe Loon Posts: 23
    FaFaFlunky wrote:
    i was nervous too because of all the comments i've heard ab boston and ny..but the crownd was awesome besides the guy who screamed footsteps..he was right above me...fuckin awesome show
    FaFaFooey, that's BabaBooey. :D
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    uggghhh, this grasshole yelled out footseps at least 15 times, i get it the first time, but the other were just plain stupid. he would have been that dude who, after footsteps was played, start yelling out more songs.
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • Options
    PrlJam27PrlJam27 Colonia, NJ Posts: 346
    mammasan wrote:

yeah, that guy was at both NY shows too. Almost as annoying as the guy at NY2 who kept yelling Hunger Strike.
  • Options
    ass cannon.
    TenaciousJ wrote:
    haha

that was greatness....i've never heard the term 'ass cannon' before, i will forever think of that if i hear one going off. :D
    ...and thank you for making wine nearly make it out of my nose just now from choking. ;)
  • Options
    that was greatness....i've never heard the term 'ass cannon' before, i will forever think of that if i hear one going off. :D
    ...and thank you for making wine nearly make it out of my nose just now from choking. ;)

i aim to please.

which is more than i can say for the stinkmeister.

~ed, 8/7
  • Options
    TiaMijaTiaMija Posts: 597
    I think he said, "he waves to them like, you know, 'My brother', you know."
    instead of
    "he waves to them, like, “you’re my brother,” you know."