Options

FT: Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

sctt_perrysctt_perry Posts: 224
edited January 2012 in Lost Dogs
I want to trade My Pumpkins Mellon Collie vinyl album It is the original UK pressing. The only draw back is that there is some humidity damage to the sleeve and its a bit wavey on the edge. Serioouse PM's can send me there Cell Phone number and I can txt pictures.

I am searching for
LO2L
Rearview
Lost Dogs

All on vinyl and I dont care if there opened just dont want chiped up vinyl
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    Someone jump on this, I know many are in search of this.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,184
    My vinyl holy grail - and 2nd favourite LP of all time. Can't bring myself to break up my complete PJ vinyl set for it though..
    *sighs*
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    You should think about which LPs are harder to get and more expensive. If its gonna be the pumpkins do it, if it's the PJ don't.
    My vinyl holy grail - and 2nd favourite LP of all time. Can't bring myself to break up my complete PJ vinyl set for it though..
    *sighs*
  • Options
    sctt_perry wrote:
    I want to trade My Pumpkins Mellon Collie vinyl album It is the original UK pressing. The only draw back is that there is some humidity damage to the sleeve and its a bit wavey on the edge. Serioouse PM's can send me there Cell Phone number and I can txt pictures.

I am searching for
    LO2L
    Rearview
    Lost Dogs

All on vinyl and I dont care if there opened just dont want chiped up vinyl
    If your going to offer lo2l you need to add some other stuff, I've seen that album go go $75
  • Options
    Are you sure you want to trade the MCIS vinyl? It's a beautiful artifact. I got mine back in the day.

Some advice: you may want to mention whether your copy is numbered or not. The first pressing was numbered. A near-identical second pressing was issued but was not numbered. There's a little box on the cover with a number on it for the first pressing. On the second pressing, the box is there, but is blank. Serious collectors will want to know whether your copy is numbered or not, as it may make a difference to whether they want it or not. Just a thought.
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,783
    Just curious. What number is your edition?
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    Mine, or the OP's? Mine is in storage in Australia (I'm from there) but I live in Dublin now. I don't remember what number mine is. I know the first pressing was supposed to be limited to 5000 copies. Whether the record company stuck to that number for the first pressing I don't know. I don't know how many of the second pressings were made as they were unnumbered.
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.
  • Options
    Mine, or the OP's? Mine is in storage in Australia (I'm from there) but I live in Dublin now. I don't remember what number mine is. I know the first pressing was supposed to be limited to 5000 copies. Whether the record company stuck to that number for the first pressing I don't know. I don't know how many of the second pressings were made as they were unnumbered.

Ehhh I'm so skeptical with this vinyl... There are so many fakes.

Not saying OP's is at all and good luck trading that baby. Someone will take you up VERY soon I'm sure.
  • Options
    Are you sure you want to trade the MCIS vinyl? It's a beautiful artifact. I got mine back in the day.

Some advice: you may want to mention whether your copy is numbered or not. The first pressing was numbered. A near-identical second pressing was issued but was not numbered. There's a little box on the cover with a number on it for the first pressing. On the second pressing, the box is there, but is blank. Serious collectors will want to know whether your copy is numbered or not, as it may make a difference to whether they want it or not. Just a thought.
    Its the UK press so its not numbered. Its bar-coded and legit just not the numbered us edition
  • Options
    Scott's legit & this LP is the real deal. ;)

Not saying OP's is at all and good luck trading that baby. Someone will take you up VERY soon I'm sure.
  • Options
    Scott's legit & this LP is the real deal. ;)

I have also heard good things.
  • Options
    It is one of the most beautifully packaged LP's I own. Triple vinyl and an all-round amazing package. Put together with love and care. Machina is the same way. Adore was good, too, as it was in mono and Side 4 is blank.

When the Pumpkins were good, they were awe-inspiring. I miss those days.
  • Options
    sctt_perry wrote:
    Its the UK press so its not numbered. Its bar-coded and legit just not the numbered us edition

There was ONLY a UK press. There was no US pressing. There was no official pressing from any country other than the UK. There was a first UK pressing with a numbered white box on the front. There was a second UK pressing with a blank white box. Everything else is a bootleg even with a "legit" barcode. Bootleggers try to deceive you by passing everything off as official and authentic. No white box = Bootleg.

This is the info for the real deal
    http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?page=COLLDETAILS&item=1100

This is the info for the black vinyl bootleg
    http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2117

This is the info for the yellow vinyl bootleg
    http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2322

This is the info for the red vinyl bootleg
    http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2321
  • Options
    Listen to mirrorboxer. It's exactly what I said. The box is there with a number in it on the front (first pressing) or the box is there on the front but empty (second pressing). Both of these are legit.

I remember getting the first pressing on its initial release and being delighted as it was one of the 5000, and then seeing the re-press with the empty box and feeling a bit cheated by the whole thing.
  • Options
    OP, could you post a pic of the front cover sleeve? If the little box is there, either numbered or blank, yours is the real deal. I did not actually know bootlegged versions of this LP existed until this thread. Interesting.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331
    OP, could you post a pic of the front cover sleeve? If the little box is there, either numbered or blank, yours is the real deal. I did not actually know bootlegged versions of this LP existed until this thread. Interesting.

Yah, I was actually in my local record store and saw several new copies of mellon collie on vinyl for 69.99.

I was superstoked because I'd never seen one before. When things are too good to be true, then generally are. I took a picture with my phone and investigated when I got home. I came to the same conclusion you did. They were fakes. They have to have a box on the front (lower right cornerish)). There were two different pressings. Some are numbered, some aren't, but they all have the box for the numbering regardless.

If I had a spare PJ vinyl, I'd consider trading it. But to leave my PJ collection incomplete, I just couldn't do it.

They just reissued gish and siamese dream on vinyl. I'm guessing Mellon Collie will be next?
  • Options
    Zod wrote:

Yah, I was actually in my local record store and saw several new copies of mellon collie on vinyl for 69.99.

I was superstoked because I'd never seen one before. When things are too good to be true, then generally are. I took a picture with my phone and investigated when I got home. I came to the same conclusion you did. They were fakes. They have to have a box on the front (lower right cornerish)). There were two different pressings. Some are numbered, some aren't, but they all have the box for the numbering regardless.

If I had a spare PJ vinyl, I'd consider trading it. But to leave my PJ collection incomplete, I just couldn't do it.

They just reissued gish and siamese dream on vinyl. I'm guessing Mellon Collie will be next?

They're working on the melancholy reissue now
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • Options
    Damn auto correct
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • Options
    I only have Siamese Dream on vinyl, still sealed. I love that album, it's easily in my top 5 all time.

I didn't realise MCIS was so sought after.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    I didn't realise MCIS was so sought after.
    Me, neither. They're also re-releasing the "Aeroplane Flies High" boxed set. Hope it's different to my original.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,783
    I have a copy of the "bootleg" on black vinyl.
    I think it's sounds great!
    And costs Hundreds less!

If you just want to listen, it's what's on the Menu... ;)

Collectors need not apply! :)
    Wait I am a collector :oops:

What I saved on this I bought a
    Black/Silver Capitol Records S/T Blind Melon
    and still had time to write this post! ;)

Good luck on your search bud!
    Bump that!!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    I only have Siamese Dream on vinyl, still sealed.

Why is it still sealed? :)