Options

Donations=PJ20 Billboard Print Giveaway!!!

3days3days Posts: 1,152
edited January 2012 in The Porch
Congratulations to Sheila0225!!! Sheila0225 is the winner of the mystery runner-up prize. The mystery prize has already been shipped, and should be in Sheila0225's hands very shortly. Word has it that elwayvedder already received the billboard print...

Congratulations to elwayvedder!!! elwayvedder is the winner of the PJ20 Billboard print by MUNK ONE/MAXX242!

Thank you again to everyone for giving so generously. A very diverse group of organizations and causes were recipients of your goodwill. It turned out to be an educational thing for me. I learned about some really great organizations that I knew little or nothing about, via your posts and links. Thank you for that also.

More to come...

Hey Everybody,

In the spirit of the Holiday Season, the band, and the 10C, I'm giving away one of the MUNK ONE/MAXX242 PJ20 Billboard prints. The poster is genuine, signed and numbered out of 200. A runner-up will also be awarded a mystery prize; it could be a fruitcake, it could be an ugly sweater, or it could be something else. You never know, so take a chance!

To enter, all you have to do is:

1. Make a $5 or more donation to ANY charitable organization that you see fit between NOW and 12am central time December 24, 2011...

2. Post the name of the organization on THIS thread...

3. Be able to provide credible proof (receipt, link.. etc) of donation made between NOW and 12am central time December 24, 2011.

Here's how it will work: Each post/donation will be numbered by me. On December 24, 2011, all numbers will go into a hat (or other suitable receptacle). A winner and a runner-up will be drawn. The winners will be announced on this thread, and I will contact winners via pm to establish proof of donation and shipping address. Please read the rules to avoid disqualification...

Rules:

1. One post per $5 or more charitable donation made between NOW and 12am central time December 24, 2011. Multiple entries are welcome, but each post/entry MUST be for a different donation to a different organization per person.

2. Posts MUST be made on THIS thread, and MUST include the name of the charitable organization that you donated to. Please DO NOT post any $ amounts, receipts, or personal info on this thread. If you'd like to shine a little light on the organization(s) that you choose, that's totally cool.

3. The winners MUST be able to provide credible proof of donation made between NOW and 12am central time December 24, 2011. I will contact the winners after the drawing to establish proof of said donation.

4. DO NOT pm your entry. Again, posts must be made on THIS thread.

5. Any breach of the rules will result in disqualification, and an alternate winner being drawn.

Thank you for reading, thank you for donating, and thank you for helping to make things better for others... Cheers and GOOD LUCK!!!

UPDATE 12/18: Thanks to everyone for your kindness and generosity! I've received some pm's with questions, kudos... etc. Sorry to those of you that I haven't got back in touch with yet, but I'm working on it.

If possible, please list all separate donations on separate posts. I'm thrilled that people want to make multiple donations, but I'm afraid that I might accidentally overlook someone's donations if they're all listed within the same post. Those of you who have already posted multiple donations in one post are fine, but please try to list one donation per post from here on out. It will help me keep things better organized.

Some of the questions that I've received have revolved around international entries and shipping. International entries are welcome, and I will pay for shipping to the winners.

Thanks again!

UPDATE 12/22: Awesome everybody, just awesome! A little less than 46 hours to go, and cash is still moving in a great direction. Thank YOU very, very, very much!

Polls are closed. Numbers have been drawn, and winners have been contacted via pm... waiting for verification before announcing the winners.

Not to sound cliched, but I think we're all winners here... so much generosity to so many worthy causes. The remarkable thing is that so many donations were made despite particularly difficult economic times. Thank you to everyone involved.

Will post again to announce the winners, AND with further news...

Happy Holidays!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    This is incredible! :thumbup: I was lucky enough to get the print already, so I won't enter the contest...but you're amazing for doing this and encouraging others to make a difference! Happy Holidays!
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    edited December 2011
    pretty fantastic...
    Post edited by Sawyer on
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    This is incredible! :thumbup: I was lucky enough to get the print already, so I won't enter the contest...but you're amazing for doing this and encouraging others to make a difference! Happy Holidays!

Same here! But it is absolutely amazing that you are doing this contest!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    edited December 2011
    I just made my ASPCA donation.....Thanks for doing this

http://www.aspca.org/
    Post edited by Sawyer on
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Very cool! I missed out on the sale so glad for the chance. Donation made to the Whatcom Humane Society. :)
    http://www.whatcomhumane.org/index.php
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    done....Fight Colorectal Cancer
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    another one...North Shore Animal League
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    I've spread the word for you in the Lost Dogs forum. Again, this is really wonderful of you! :D
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • Options
    SemperFiSemperFi Posts: 136
    http://youtu.be/JJvbZZWt9g4
    On it...Finding a good charity as we speak! Thanks for doing this!
  • Options
    wow, now THAT's generosity!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    WOW!!!!!!!!

I have one also, but this is super generous of you. bowdown.gif
  • Options
    DAMONDAMON Posts: 256
    edited December 2011
    Donated... For all you animal lovers and some thing close to P.J.... Gulf Oil Spill Animal Fund NATIONAL WILDLIFE FUND :mrgreen:

https://online.nwf.org/site/Donation2?d ... tion=form1

Wonderful Idea, but I have one. :mrgreen:
    Post edited by DAMON on
  • Options
    The store where I work has adopted a family in need of presents. The father had passed away this year and the mother is making ends meet but nothing is really left for presents. There is a 5 year old autistic boy, 6year old girl, and 9 year old girl. I am donating 3 new toys off their wishlists, a mega blocks firetruck, and sound activated stuffed dog, and a lifegaurd Barbie set.

Thanks for the chance, this is very generous of you!!
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,051
    Wow, 3days, what an amazing idea and generous offer. Maybe you want to put the following link in your OP?

http://www.pearljam.com/activism/non-pr ... anizations

which is a list of groups and non-profits supported by Pearl Jam (currently or in the past). If anyone can't come up with a charity to contribute to, I recommend picking one of these on this list. Or....being biased....feel free to visit http://www.yellowribbonclub.org (which is on the aforementioned list ;) ) and click the Paypal button to the right as we can use all the help with shipping expenses that we can get.

Thank you 3days...I will be back here with my own donation to post before 12/24.
    -EV
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    I'm going to do a donation, but won't enter. I want another faithful to see this special print.

I'm gonna make the donation cause the OP rocks!

Thank you for the motivation... I'd be making 50 donations if I were you... Cheaper then eBay to buy it.

Increase your odds!
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    If ever a thread needed stickied...
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    Awesome.

We've made lots of charitable contributions recently, but I certainly don't mind making one more.
  • Options
    LandojamLandojam Posts: 163
    very nice of you, we give to Doctors without borders each month.

http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/
    07/22/92 -Bremerton, WA (Lollapalooza) 09/05/93 - George, WA
    12/08/93 - Seattle Center Arena: Seattle, WA 09/16/96 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA
    07/21/98 07/22/98- Memorial Stadium: Seattle, WA 11/05/00 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA
    10/22/01 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA (Groundwork 2001 Benefit)
    12/09/02 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA 03/18/05 – Paramount Theater, Seattle, WA
    07/22/06 –George, WA,
    09/21/09 09/22/09 - Key Arena, Seattle, WA
    09/03/11 09/04/11 Alpine Valley
    12/6/2013 Key Arena, Seattle, WA
  • Options
    done, ALS is something I'm involved with all year, but whats one more donation.

http://www.alsa.org/donate/

Good Luck
  • Options
    Done, toys for tots...What a truely unselfish thing to do with an amazing print, karmas coming back to you on this one...
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Done. Made one to Conquer Chiari. :mrgreen: And just sent 4 huge boxes to the Yellow Ribbon Club. They are on their way Elwayvedder! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    I give to a lot of different charities and sponsor a child from Rwanda. This Xmas a little something extra went to our local SPCA. Thanks for the give away :)

http://www.monctonspca.ca/
  • Options
    jweyersjweyers Lincoln,NE Posts: 364
    Donated...Peoples City Mission......Happy Holidays
  • Options
    ShortyShorty Ontario Posts: 1,160
    I too shall return with my donation. This is what I am talking about - some great people on here. Thanks 3days.
    Your Disciples Are Riddled With Metaphors.

08/21/2009: Toronto, ON
    09/11/2011: Toronto, ON
    07/16/2013: London, ON
    10/12/2013: Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014: Detroit, MI
    05/08/2016: Ottawa, ON
    05/10/2016: Toronto, ON
    05/12/2016: Toronto, ON
    08/20/2016: Chicago, IL
    08/22/2016: Chicago, IL
  • Options
  • Options
    yooperpjyooperpj Posts: 313
    Wow, what a great thing your doing.
    Mine is to my favorite charitable organization.... http://wishlistfoundation.org/
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    Very cool idea. Nothing like "kick-starting" some generosity! ;)
    I too shall return! :lol:
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Wow... spreading the Christmas cheer, I love it!!

I donated to... Starlight Children's Foundation - www.starlight.org.au

Wishing everyone a very merry Christmas and a fun and happy new year!! :D
  • Options
    mcrieckenmcriecken Indiana Posts: 265
    Wow, this is great.. that's really something that'd you'd give this away for free just to get others to do some extra good. Really like the idea of separate donations--spread it around!

Donated to the Greater Boston Food Bank ... http://www.gbfb.org/

My work has done a few charity events there, seems like they're doing good things!

Thanks again for the chance!
    St. Louis, USA 10-05-2004 | Chicago, USA 08-23-2009 | Indianapolis, USA 05-07-2010 | Hartford, USA 10-25-2013 | Lexington, USA 04-26-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-20-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-22-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-18-2018 | Chicago, USA 08-20-2018
  • Options
    Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    Great!! I was unable to get this poster, was at work....

my donation went to....

http://www.sdafoundation.com/
    México 24/11/2011