Options

* Kelly Curtis Q&A Redux *

DriftingByTheStormDriftingByTheStorm Posts: 8,684
edited December 2011 in The Porch
Since I don't feel like scrolling through 33 pages to read a few responses,
I just searched posts by member name.
Since I have to open all of the search items to read the full response,
I figured I'd do everyone else a favor and just post them as I go.

norm wrote:
wow
first question is, what happened? what was the "sabotage"?
kk wrote:
honestly, we do not know. what we do know is that since the alpine/canadian fiasco.. we have sought out the best ticketing company that we could find. we selected a state of the art company called crowd surge. who have have successfully handled massive ticket sales for paul mccartney, rhcp, and foo fighters. they've never had problems like this ever. so, we have a completely different company, system, server, staff in completely different cities.. and we have a very similar problem.... if you have any ideas.. please send our way

Sloth2 wrote:
can the band / management do anything to help those of us who would have got tickets to shows originally, but missed out due to the public on sale sell outs?
kk wrote:
while we wish we could. we have never been able to guarantee tickets to every fan club member. we try and be clear as possible.

Leeze wrote:
Why was there no 10c announcement of the second Manchester show?
kk wrote:
we would never assume that we would automatically get to two shows.... sometimes we don't get there.

titchinello wrote:
what about, those that bought seating tickets is there any chance for an upgrade to better seats. should the 10c have arranged to leave a block empty for this if not??
kk wrote:
we cannot upgrade your seats but we are working on early entry wristband per the post on the pj.com news section

Peasant Tents wrote:
Will the Band add another couple of Fan Club Only Shows? -- that would be sublime and I am sure all would be enormously grateful.
kk wrote:
have not even had time to address this idea yet

boyo79 wrote:
what will Pearl Jam do to make sure events like this week don't happen again?

Why was the 2nd date for Manchester not announced by Pearl Jam?

Will 10C add something to the membership as a way of saying sorry for how they have handled things this week? I.e 30 hours to response to the fans

Thanks

Ian

kk wrote:
you know what...? i am very sorry. but i can't really answer the rest if i don't know or understand what exactly has happened. when and if we do... you will be the second to know.
kc

evo wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to come on and answer our questions.

What assurances did Crowdsurge give that they could cope with the pre-sale?

What evidence to you have that the pre-sale was targeted by an outside party?

Whats the point of paying the annual fee, with one of the major selling points being that we will get tickets before the 'general public' if at the first sign of problems with the pre-sale you ditch it and put all the remaining tickets back to the general sale?

Not really a pre-sale question but why do you never book any shows in Scotland?
kk wrote:
their track record and history is/was outstanding for comparable artist

Better Dan wrote:
Question: Why did it take so long for the 10C to communicate with fans about what was occurring regarding the recent European pre-sale? The fans waited for over 24 hours without hearing anything and Crowdsurge indicated that that they were also waiting for information from Pearl jam's camp.
kk wrote:
it took us that long to get the information ourselves.

veddertown wrote:
Can PJ get over the Ticketmaster debacle from the 90's and move on now? Pre-sales have been disastrous and I don't see why they couldn't leave it to the professionals to handle such affairs? We deserve an organization that can cope with PJ's demand given that it us who put them and keep them where they are now. Do the band know how bad the ticketing fiasco is?
kk wrote:
yes we worked with tm in canada.. it is not an option in all places in the world

joe2468 wrote:
IS THE TICKETING ISSUE FIXED FROM HERE ON OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for the past few years buying tickets through 10c has honestly drove me up a wall ..... and im close to taking my TICKET PURCHASES else where.

THANKS KELLY
kk wrote:
don't blame you.. we all feel the same way. of course we are working on the perfect system.. any ideas? send them along

prl wrote:
- Why sell the tickets all at the same time?

- Knowing how badly the previous ticket sales went, why such a short time frame between the 10C presale and the public sales (giving absolutely no time to fix anything that can go wrong)?

- Why giving only a few days between the announcement of the tour and the presales, not letting people have the time to determine if they can go and make proper plans? (not a new thing happens on every tour)

Thanks for doing this!
kk wrote:
no matter how many shows we put up.. we are still getting a similar amount of traffic... and as of what we know right now.. it is not a traffic issue.. the servers were humming along fine.

Owl wrote:
Hi and thanks for replying to our questions.

Could you please clarify the way 10c members will be entitled wristbands with GA tks bought through the general sale? Will single 10clubber buyers (buying 1 tkt each) be allowed a wristband?

Thank you!
kk wrote:
details for wristbands coming next week per ten club news post.

Better Dan wrote:
Question: Why won't Pearl Jam play The South?

-Signed, a Texan
kk wrote:
never say never

GetALife wrote:
Why was it not possible to hold back the 10c tickets although the public pre-sale started and, additional to that, since they 10c-pre-sale did not work out, hold back an extra amount of tickets from the public pre-sale? Would that have been so difficult? I don't understand why they had to be "thrown" into the public sale.

Second question is related to the general questions here about the info policy...why sending out the update at 1am CET? I was asleep and got notice of the update at 9am when the sale already had started...
kk wrote:
we are dealing with a public on sale following our pre-sale in a very short window…. our fan club pre-sales are not very popular with promoters and therefore there is not a lot of help offered. one of the main reasons… is that SOME ..NOT ALL promoters would love to sell our fan club tickets at a very high price….. this is how pj has been abe to avoid widespread scalping. our goal has always been to get you .. the loyal pj fan the best of anything we have to offer at the best price possible.

spearhead wrote:
Can anything be done for those of us who actually had tickets in our basket, and had entered all the credit card info and were in the process of checking out when the system crashed?
kk wrote:
sorry no.

energyman1 wrote:
Hey Kelly,

It is really nice of you to take the time to do this.

My question is:

Can we go back to post cards and money orders? My guess is no, but maybe this is best, the good old fashion way, kinda like playing a record!

Peace,

Brian
kk wrote:
believe me… this is being talked about very seriously….

joka_fintas wrote:
- Will there be any measures to "compensate" the 10c members that were caught in this nightmare and didn't score any desired tickets for this tour?
kk wrote:
working on ideas..

dunkman wrote:
6. Are the actual band members kept up-to-date with the problems that 'joe public' have went through?
kk wrote:
of course

norm wrote:
have you thought about doing pre sales the way that dave matthews band and phish do theirs?
kk wrote:
with all due respect... phish nor dmb are not big sellers outside the US... where our problems lie today.

Sawyer wrote:
I feel sometimes we are given 1/2 truths about touring info.....like as an American I feel tempted to go to Europe but when I do I know a US tour will be announced. Could this info be given out in a more timely manner? Why in this band's 20th anniversary have they not hit their home city?
kk wrote:
we cannot announce everything at once because we don't alway know what we are doing … once we get through routing, venues, time period , personal schedules.. we move on to the next.. this band has never planned very far ahead.. thus keeping it real and fresh always.. and not one big treadmill obligation….

tremors wrote:
Do you think that the growing rift in many fans' eyes between Pearl Jam / Ten Club is a problem? Isn't this a PJ management issue?
kk wrote:
everything pj is a management issue.. the good or bad...

Sloth2 wrote:
Kelly Curtis wrote:
Leeze wrote:
Why was there no 10c announcement of the second Manchester show?

we would never assume that we would automatically get to two shows.... sometimes we don't get there.

Hang on a minute....

In 2006 I think it was, You announced a 5 show tour of Australia, with 10C tickets to one show in each City.

Melbourne #2 went on public sale with no announcement to the fans, or anyone 10 minutes before Melbourne #1.

Surely you must have some idea...especially with a 12 hour lag in time as was the case with Manchester.
kk wrote:
i have been cocky in the past and it has come back to bite me…..it is a different world out there and money is tight.. again.. i would never presume anything anymore..

JimmyV wrote:
Please address why it took more than 24 hours for 10C to issue any sort of statement regarding the ticketing issue. This is a huge point.
kk wrote:
i am going to say this one more time... we did not know what was happening..we were all working for that 24hrs to find out what was wrong.. and we still don't know.. you know what we know..

Tboz51 wrote:
Was anyone in this lineup a suspect of the sabotage?
nickelback.jpg
kk wrote:
funny stuff

PillowPants wrote:
is it just a case of too much traffic overwhelming the server? whether it be crowdsurge or 10c?

or is it not even known if that is the problem?
kk wrote:
servers were fine.... humming along

Sawyer wrote:
Why don't bands even larger than PJ have these fanclub ticketing problems? (Bruce, Petty, Phish, DMB)
kk wrote:
most of those are Ticketmaster fan clubs. Ticketmaster is owned by Live Nation. nothing wrong with that, but just so you know. our goal was to keep Ten Club independent. we felt there were advantages to that. do these other fan clubs you mention really never have ticketing problems?

RW8297 wrote:
Why are you, after 20 years of doing this, still so badly organized??? You charge us 50$ a year. You should be more responsible for your deeds. Sometimes we feel like you don't care,..
kk wrote:
no way to convince you . but we all really do care.. we all love this band and our jobs.

Hopper wrote:
Mr. Curtis- I appreciate your willingness to listen and respond to the core base...

the ticketing issues did not just suddenly arise with this sale, in fact, there have been issues with ticket sales for several years...the responses from the 10c seem to be "stuff happens"...or no response at all...or, "so many people trying to get a small number of tickets, sorry"...but we are talking about multiple sales, over at least 6 years that have been disastrous...

my questions:

Does the band know about the numerous ticket sale fiascos that have taken place over the past years, and why was it not a concern until now?

Can you and the band implement a more "open" line of communication between the 10c and the fans/forums?...it seems like there is a very strict policy of any release of infomation by moderators...when they are the closest to the fan base and can easily clear up misconceptions and falsities...

How is information passed from band management to 10c management...official press release? email? phone call? snail mail letter?

Who is responsible for updating the website, and why is there no consistency in respect to when items are released and the announment of such releases?
kk wrote:
you are not wrong at all… we have been chasing this thing every year since technology became a player and the primary way people purchase tickets… info comes in at all times and places….. and we have to make sure . depending on what the subject that it is correct and that the band.. the whole band has signed off.. that can be a task in itself...

Duncs wrote:
Is our personal information safe? Do we need to be worried about our credit card information?
kk wrote:
we have been assured by CrowdSurge that your credit card information is secure.

Too many subquotes: Full Question Here
Sawyer wrote:
why would we come up with the ideas? YOU'RE THEIR MANAGER! I'm a school teacher and wouldn't ask you how to teach a good WWI lesson on trench warfare.
kk wrote:
come on… really?

Too many subquotes: Full Question Here
Sawyer wrote:
really...i have receive numerous private messages praising that comment.....thats not our responsibility. We give you a Ulysses yearly so you can make that call boss.
kk wrote:
was not trying to make you mad.. seriously…i was looking for feedback/help…
been interesting everyone.. especially you sawyer.

no question.
kk wrote:
thanks everyone for your time..really appreciated. i know it's late in europe.. i will continue to answer new questions…. that come along..

dunkman wrote:
oh and no offence Mr Curtis... are you suggesting to us, the fans, that the 2nd night has never been discussed with you? Are you suggesting that TM sell the 2nd night out and then dictate to the band that they MUST play a 2nd night?

please do not insult our intelligence... the band, the mgt and all staff would have known about a 2nd night so why could that not have been announced before TM released tickets? I know for a fact that webpages can be set to go live at certain times... i.e. a news item on PJ could have been set to go live at 8.55am UK time this morning with info about the 2nd night.

You're evading the most burning questions. Whilst i'm sure everyone appreciates the fact you are here.. please don't skip the most emotive points.
kk wrote:
let me try again...i can tell I either missed the point of this question or didn't answer it clearly. this is an industry standard, not something specific to the way i do it. there are some cities where i think we might be able to play more than one show, but I don't assume that until after we put the first show up for sale, and we see what the demand is. (there are exceptions to this rule...of course...there are some cities where we know for sure there will be demand for multiple shows so we put them both up at once. but more often i am making the decision in real time.) if the first show sells out and it seems like there is demand for a second show, i will approve for another show to go on sale right after the first one sells out or looks like it is going to.
from now on, we can post on the ten club site right when we approve for another show to be added so that you guys know.

HE ENDED ON MASONIC POST #33
If I was to smile and I held out my hand
If I opened it now would you not understand?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Wow, very nicely done. Thank you.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    phew thank you for doing that
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    nice...good work...question is...how did you add more than 3 quotes to a post?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    nice...good work...question is...how did you add more than 3 quotes to a post?

it's just more than three NESTED quotes per post.
    person A wrote:
    person B wrote:
    [quote=Person C
    OK
    person A wrote:
    person B wrote:
    Person C wrote:
    [quote=Person D
    FAIL

see questions 30. & 31.
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,339
    Thank you very much for the time and efforts put into compiling this summary. Have a good weekend.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    Why did this take you so long to post? I would have appreciated an update that it was taking you longer than expected and it would be available soon.
  • Options
    Thanks for doing that.
  • Options
    Why did this take you so long to post? I would have appreciated an update that it was taking you longer than expected and it would be available soon.

unfortunately it took me longer than expected to figure out that it was taking me longer than expected.
    You know what I know.
    If i find out more, you'll be the first to know.
    -Chad K.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532

unfortunately it took me longer than expected to figure out that it was taking me longer than expected.
    You know what I know.
    If i find out more, you'll be the first to know.
    -Chad K.

I will start a thread about your honesty.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221
    Thanks Drifting...nice work. I missed the session commuting and this saves me from going through 35 pages to read Kelly's answers.
    Kudos to you.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    good work, you could charge a thread viewing fee of say $1 and i would have paid vs sifting through 35 pages of whatev.

kidding of course, nice work, ever resourceful pj fans making something positive, gotta love that.
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
  • Options
    Thank you! :thumbup:
    September 15, 1998 Mansfield MA/ August 29, 2000 Mansfield, MA/ June 11, 2008 West Palm Beach, FL/ July 2, 2012 Prague, Czech Republic/ July 4, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ July 5, 2012 Berlin, Germany/ September 21, 2012 Pensacola, FL/ July 16, 2013 London, ON, Canada/ July 19, 2013 Chicago, IL/ October 12, 2013 Buffalo, NY/ October 25, 2013 Hartford, CT/ November 23, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 24, 2013 Los Angeles, CA/ November 26, 2013 Oakland, CA/ November 29, 2013 Portland, OR/ November 30, 2013 Spokane, WA
  • Options
    Thanks for this. I'm not sure kk understands how the dmb/phish ticketing systems work. I believe it is the best system out there and 10c can still do it as an independent company
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Thanks
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    RFTC wrote:
    good work, you could charge a thread viewing fee of say $1 and i would have paid vs sifting through 35 pages of whatev.

kidding of course, nice work, ever resourceful pj fans making something positive, gotta love that.
    Damn, I saw this thread just after I'd waded through the 33 page one! :o Nice work. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    For the record, I have been a fan of this band since the very beginning, and first joined the fan club in early 1992. I have been seeing this band since I was 13 in 1993 (and only cause Lolla was rained out the 2nd day at Jones Beach in '92) and I fucking love them. I've seen PJ in 20 countries, and I love them, but I'm fucking done. This is what I read when I sort through Kelly's posts.... Kick me out of the Ten Club... whatever, but I'm sorry, this is ridiculous. If I wasn't so sick of the bullshit I'd keep my mouth shut.

"we have sought out the best ticketing company that we could find"

but we haven't tried MusicToday or ArtistArena. Instead, we went with the cheapest company possible, because it worked for Paul McCartney who sells tickets for 4x as much as we do and has an audience of 40-70 year olds and is therefore the same as us. Oh and Phish and DMB aren't popular outside the US, so the fact that Music Today has been successfully handling their shows in the US (where they are just as popular, if not more so than Pearl Jam is in Europe) means that they are a bad example

"their track record and history is/was outstanding for comparable artist"

Unless you're talking about Dave Matthews Band and Phish, who have been doing this whole thing better than us for 15 years. Then you're talking about people like Paul McCartney and Bruce Springsteen, who we think we're comparable to, but aren't even fucking remotely close.

"don't blame you.. we all feel the same way. of course we are working on the perfect system.. any ideas? send them along"

Again, unless you're sending along Music Today, who never fucks up, but charges us an extra .02 cents per ticket, and there's no fucking way Ed will give in to that fascist bullshit.

"we are dealing with a public on sale following our pre-sale in a very short window…. our fan club pre-sales are not very popular with promoters and therefore there is not a lot of help offered. one of the main reasons… is that SOME ..NOT ALL promoters would love to sell our fan club tickets at a very high price….. this is how pj has been abe to avoid widespread scalping. our goal has always been to get you .. the loyal pj fan the best of anything we have to offer at the best price possible."

Unless, of course, you mean our limited edition merchandise, which we know we don't produce enough of, and have no problem with you paying $1000 for a $75 backpack which could easily have made 250 more of. Oh, and we pay MSG and it sells out in 30 seconds? We know ticket brokers own the regular MSG ticketing system, but whatever man, not my fuckin' problem.

"with all due respect... phish nor dmb are not big sellers outside the US... where our problems lie today."

Again, we think we are bigger than Phish and DMB, despite the fact that their tours make more money per show than ours.

"we cannot announce everything at once because we don't alway know what we are doing … once we get through routing, venues, time period , personal schedules.. we move on to the next.. this band has never planned very far ahead.. thus keeping it real and fresh always.. and not one big treadmill obligation…."

We only claim to plan far ahead when we are talking about how much we care about fans in a certain city to mollycoddle them. In reality, we only give a fuck about where we can make the biggest profit. HAHAHAHAH FUCK YOU SOUTH!

"most of those are Ticketmaster fan clubs. Ticketmaster is owned by Live Nation. nothing wrong with that, but just so you know. our goal was to keep Ten Club independent. we felt there were advantages to that. do these other fan clubs you mention really never have ticketing problems?"

Ten Club is so independent that you save the same amount of money of fees through our fan club as the "Ticketmaster fan clubs" WE ARE DOING YOU A FAVOR YOU FUCKING INGRATES.

"let me try again...i can tell I either missed the point of this question or didn't answer it clearly. this is an industry standard, not something specific to the way i do it. there are some cities where i think we might be able to play more than one show, but I don't assume that until after we put the first show up for sale, and we see what the demand is. (there are exceptions to this rule...of course...there are some cities where we know for sure there will be demand for multiple shows so we put them both up at once. but more often i am making the decision in real time.) if the first show sells out and it seems like there is demand for a second show, i will approve for another show to go on sale right after the first one sells out or looks like it is going to.
    from now on, we can post on the ten club site right when we approve for another show to be added so that you guys know."

So what I'm saying is that in the past when we've done the exact same fucking thing in cities like Boston, New York, Philadelphia, and Seattle where we've never once failed to sell out a show is... we just never know.
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    Thanks for pulling this together. It saved a lot of people a lot of time reading.
  • Options
    abhijeetabhijeet Posts: 303
    Thanks for this. I'm not sure kk understands how the dmb/phish ticketing systems work. I believe it is the best system out there and 10c can still do it as an independent company

I think that message to take from this is that as an independent company they have less leeway with concert promoters, and consequently less leeway with pre-sales and such. It's not surprising, they're a business, but nowhere near the scale of TM/LN.
    Seattle 2009-09-21
    Alpine Valley 2011-09-03, 2011-09-04
  • Options
    echoing everyone's thanks for putting this together and saving our eyes from falling out before we waded through everything!
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323
    Thanks for doing this, most appreciated...... I think it was an interesting Q&A ultimatley spoiled by bickering.
    "My body's nobody's body but mine"
  • Options
    larisimolarisimo Global Cosmopolitan Posts: 45
    Thanks DriftingbytheStorm. That was really cool of you to do.
    "He who forgets...will be destined to remember..." +100 PJ shows...
  • Options
    Mamasan80 wrote:
    Instead, we went with the cheapest company possible, because it worked for Paul McCartney who sells tickets for 4x as much as we do and has an audience of 40-70 year olds and is therefore the same as us.

I suddenly felt extremly old being grouped together with my father... :|

/Over Forty And Feeling Sporty
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    I wonder if the promoters are launching denial of service attacks so they can get the 10club tickets back to sell at retai prices?
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • Options
    AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    As far as Kelly waiting until he has info before he posts something, I don't think he understands, we don't necessarily want to know exactly what is wrong or what the cause is, we want an acknowledement that there is something wrong, the 10club is aware and what decisions might be considered. Alpine valley was rough as well, I was hitting f5 18 hours before we really knew anything.
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,926
    Ta.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,746
    Question 24. Seriously?
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    Mamasan80 wrote:
    For the record, I have been a fan of this band since the very beginning, and first joined the fan club in early 1992. I have been seeing this band since I was 13 in 1993 (and only cause Lolla was rained out the 2nd day at Jones Beach in '92) and I fucking love them. I've seen PJ in 20 countries, and I love them, but I'm fucking done. This is what I read when I sort through Kelly's posts.... Kick me out of the Ten Club... whatever, but I'm sorry, this is ridiculous. If I wasn't so sick of the bullshit I'd keep my mouth shut.

"we have sought out the best ticketing company that we could find"

but we haven't tried MusicToday or ArtistArena. Instead, we went with the cheapest company possible, because it worked for Paul McCartney who sells tickets for 4x as much as we do and has an audience of 40-70 year olds and is therefore the same as us. Oh and Phish and DMB aren't popular outside the US, so the fact that Music Today has been successfully handling their shows in the US (where they are just as popular, if not more so than Pearl Jam is in Europe) means that they are a bad example

"their track record and history is/was outstanding for comparable artist"

Unless you're talking about Dave Matthews Band and Phish, who have been doing this whole thing better than us for 15 years. Then you're talking about people like Paul McCartney and Bruce Springsteen, who we think we're comparable to, but aren't even fucking remotely close.

"don't blame you.. we all feel the same way. of course we are working on the perfect system.. any ideas? send them along"

Again, unless you're sending along Music Today, who never fucks up, but charges us an extra .02 cents per ticket, and there's no fucking way Ed will give in to that fascist bullshit.

"we are dealing with a public on sale following our pre-sale in a very short window…. our fan club pre-sales are not very popular with promoters and therefore there is not a lot of help offered. one of the main reasons… is that SOME ..NOT ALL promoters would love to sell our fan club tickets at a very high price….. this is how pj has been abe to avoid widespread scalping. our goal has always been to get you .. the loyal pj fan the best of anything we have to offer at the best price possible."

Unless, of course, you mean our limited edition merchandise, which we know we don't produce enough of, and have no problem with you paying $1000 for a $75 backpack which could easily have made 250 more of. Oh, and we pay MSG and it sells out in 30 seconds? We know ticket brokers own the regular MSG ticketing system, but whatever man, not my fuckin' problem.

"with all due respect... phish nor dmb are not big sellers outside the US... where our problems lie today."

Again, we think we are bigger than Phish and DMB, despite the fact that their tours make more money per show than ours.

"we cannot announce everything at once because we don't alway know what we are doing … once we get through routing, venues, time period , personal schedules.. we move on to the next.. this band has never planned very far ahead.. thus keeping it real and fresh always.. and not one big treadmill obligation…."

We only claim to plan far ahead when we are talking about how much we care about fans in a certain city to mollycoddle them. In reality, we only give a fuck about where we can make the biggest profit. HAHAHAHAH FUCK YOU SOUTH!

"most of those are Ticketmaster fan clubs. Ticketmaster is owned by Live Nation. nothing wrong with that, but just so you know. our goal was to keep Ten Club independent. we felt there were advantages to that. do these other fan clubs you mention really never have ticketing problems?"

Ten Club is so independent that you save the same amount of money of fees through our fan club as the "Ticketmaster fan clubs" WE ARE DOING YOU A FAVOR YOU FUCKING INGRATES.

"let me try again...i can tell I either missed the point of this question or didn't answer it clearly. this is an industry standard, not something specific to the way i do it. there are some cities where i think we might be able to play more than one show, but I don't assume that until after we put the first show up for sale, and we see what the demand is. (there are exceptions to this rule...of course...there are some cities where we know for sure there will be demand for multiple shows so we put them both up at once. but more often i am making the decision in real time.) if the first show sells out and it seems like there is demand for a second show, i will approve for another show to go on sale right after the first one sells out or looks like it is going to.
    from now on, we can post on the ten club site right when we approve for another show to be added so that you guys know."

So what I'm saying is that in the past when we've done the exact same fucking thing in cities like Boston, New York, Philadelphia, and Seattle where we've never once failed to sell out a show is... we just never know.

Phish and DMB are nowhere near as popular in Europe as Pearl Jam, fact!

You conveniently left out the Foo Fighters who could be classed as a similar act in stature to PJ with fans of a similar age. Their tours are probably bigger these days, I think that's a huge factor here, PJ just don't play enough shows to satisfy demand.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    demetrios wrote:
    Question 24. Seriously?

It made him laugh, what is wrong with that?

Thank you Drifting....

Very selfless act of you.
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    Yeah thanks for doing this buddy. I couldn't keep my eyes open last night going through all this! Was hoping someone would do this.. Cheers and happy Christmas everyone.
  • Options
    Thanks for this.
    amongstthewav.es
    2006 - Leeds Festival
    2007 - London
    2009 - Manchester / London
    2010 - Berlin
    2012 - Manchester I / Manchester II / EV Manchester