Options

Selling items to pay for nursing school, More Items Added

Satans Red MosquitoSatans Red Mosquito Posts: 763
edited December 2011 in Lost Dogs
Going to nursing school and need to sell some stuff to raise some funds for school. All items are 5 dollars shipping inside USA and willing to ship iternationally but buyer is responsible for cost.

White Backspacer still in shipping box - 175
Eddie Vedder hardbound songbook (still in bubblewrap, looked thru it once) - 150
1998 knoxville poster (mint) - 200
2010 st louis ap poster 50/100 - 100
Pearl Jam Twenty Hampton Print Alpine Poster - 75
Pearl Jam Twenty LP - 225
Shows Attended
2008 - Bonnaroo
2009 - Chicago 1
2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
2012 - Music Midtown Festival
2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    is that the going rate for the songbook??

wow... how did i totally miss that one? was it up for sale long?

and what is it?
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

and what is it?

It's this guy: http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail_related.asp?id=1347
  • Options

and what is it?

That is definitely NOT the going rate on the songbook. I'd say closer to $150 based on the last couple that went on ebay. I know this because I want it, yet still can't even pay that price...
  • Options

and what is it?

That is definitely NOT the going rate on the songbook. I'd say closer to $150 based on the last couple that went on ebay. I know this because I want it, yet still can't even pay that price...

I just checked ebay last night and the last one sold for 325
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    Good luck with the sale, saw some people looking for that Knoxville print on here
  • Options
    ahill721ahill721 Posts: 2,071
    How did you get the Knoxville poster originally? I know that this poster has been duplicated and sold on ebay, and it is not the actual poster but a knock off. I am interested in this, but just curious if there is a chance this may be a duplicate.
  • Options

and what is it?

I just checked ebay last night and the last one sold for 325

There doesn't seem to be that high of a demand for the most part. I watched one a week ago that never sold at $180, was relisted and just sold. But kudos if you can sell it for $275 but I think it's a high price on here.
  • Options
    Bump
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    ahill721 wrote:
    How did you get the Knoxville poster originally? I know that this poster has been duplicated and sold on ebay, and it is not the actual poster but a knock off. I am interested in this, but just curious if there is a chance this may be a duplicate.
    I assume you are talking about that seller who also continually sold the Birmingham and Atlanta 98 posters as well.
    I was suspect of those as well. I read somewhere that they werent fakes, and they did appear from the pics to be real. But the seller did have alot of those posters for sale.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    ahill721 wrote:
    I assume you are talking about that seller who also continually sold the Birmingham and Atlanta 98 posters as well.
    I was suspect of those as well. I read somewhere that they werent fakes, and they did appear from the pics to be real. But the seller did have alot of those posters for sale.
    I contacted that seller on ebay and he told me he had worked at a few of the the southern PJ shows on the 1998 tour and had stacks of those previously rare posters -- he claimed he had no idea folks wanted them so badly. If you need one he seems to be a legit guy to get one from... although I have no proof that they are authentic. His story, however, is believable.
  • Options
    Bump
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Bump one last time.
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Check your PM's.
  • Options
    all items still available
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Bump for added items.
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    $225 for PJ20 vinyl? C'mon man. Take it to eBay.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    DAMONDAMON Posts: 256
    Just got one for 130 on ebay....
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

Yikes!! Is it worth that much already? I guess mines only worth $60 because I opened it & have already played it twice! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    I'm surprised people will pay more than $80 at this point without checking with their local record shops. Silly

mfc2006 wrote:

Yikes!! Is it worth that much already? I guess mines only worth $60 because I opened it & have already played it twice! :D
  • Options
    No offense, but did you JUST realize that you were going to nursing school? I find it hard to believe that someone who needs money for nursing school had the cash to buy the PJ20 vinyl. Unless, said person just wanted to FLIP IT!

Shame....
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Flipping is created by the people in charge of merchandise for the band...is it really that hard for the band to make plenty of posters from the pj20 weekend foe everyone? the deluxe bluray? the pj20 vinyl? why limit it? unless you are trying to create a market that increase the price of said items! I've been after the night 2 Alpine valley poster since the concert...I always seem to be a tad late when it comes to getting it...all I want to do is hang it on my wall...yet at the weekend people were allow to buy stacks of them...why did they not make it worthless for people who had bought so many by just putting them for sale and keep ample supply? unless you encourage flipping! I have heard that from people that this stuff goes on sale like that so only the hard core fan gets merchandise? really? some of us have jobs! can't be checking the website every hour? or can get to computer all the time. Why not give notice?

End of rant....
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Flipping is created by the people in charge of merchandise for the band...is it really that hard for the band to make plenty of posters from the pj20 weekend foe everyone? the deluxe bluray? the pj20 vinyl? why limit it? unless you are trying to create a market that increase the price of said items! I've been after the night 2 Alpine valley poster since the concert...I always seem to be a tad late when it comes to getting it...all I want to do is hang it on my wall...yet at the weekend people were allow to buy stacks of them...why did they not make it worthless for people who had bought so many by just putting them for sale and keep ample supply? unless you encourage flipping! I have heard that from people that this stuff goes on sale like that so only the hard core fan gets merchandise? really? some of us have jobs! can't be checking the website every hour? or can get to computer all the time. Why not give notice?

End of rant....

I couldn't agree more!
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    $225!?!?!?!?! WOW! Good luck with those prices. I don't see them selling.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    sheila0225 wrote:
    $225!?!?!?!?! WOW! Good luck with those prices. I don't see them selling.

They are getting that and more on ebay...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    glorifiedmeglorifiedme indiana Posts: 85
    Dirty Tom wrote:
    No offense, but did you JUST realize that you were going to nursing school? I find it hard to believe that someone who needs money for nursing school had the cash to buy the PJ20 vinyl. Unless, said person just wanted to FLIP IT!

Shame....

I couldn't agree with this more!! Seriously, $925 (the total of your asking prices) is not going to put you through nursing school, it will probably not even buy your books... Your asking prices are ridiculously high- yes, there could potentially be someone out there who might have the money for it, but chances are slim...Obviously, since you posted them on here, you want these items to have a loving, PJ friendly home OR perhaps you think that a die-hard fan might pay big bucks for these items if they missed out on purchasing them when they first came out. However, some of your pricing is not at all reasonable- yes, there are these same items going for outrageous amounts on ebay, BUT THIS ISN'T EBAY... I know you paid a heck of a lot less for ALL of these items, and it's ok to try to make a buck, but this is getting ridiculous. If you want to get the prices you set, you should probably try to sell them somewhere else. just sayin.
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today...

6/27/1998, 10/08/2000, 5/16/2006, 6/29/2006, 8/23/2009, 8/24/2009, 5/07/2010,(EV)-6/29/11, (EV)-7/01/11, (PJ20)-9/3/11, (PJ20)-9/4/11....
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Dirty Tom wrote:

Shame....

I couldn't agree with this more!! Seriously, $925 (the total of your asking prices) is not going to put you through nursing school, it will probably not even buy your books... Your asking prices are ridiculously high- yes, there could potentially be someone out there who might have the money for it, but chances are slim...Obviously, since you posted them on here, you want these items to have a loving, PJ friendly home OR perhaps you think that a die-hard fan might pay big bucks for these items if they missed out on purchasing them when they first came out. However, some of your pricing is not at all reasonable- yes, there are these same items going for outrageous amounts on ebay, BUT THIS ISN'T EBAY... I know you paid a heck of a lot less for ALL of these items, and it's ok to try to make a buck, but this is getting ridiculous. If you want to get the prices you set, you should probably try to sell them somewhere else. just sayin.

I agree 100% with all of the above. If you were going to nursing school you shouldn't have even bought the PJ20 vinyl. Just saying.