2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    polaris_x wrote:
    love the articles talking about how he's x points behind kessel and ovie ...

just waiting for the haters to talk about his whining again ... :lol::lol:

I get hear my fair share of whiners being in the Detroit market. The resident hockey guy on their sports radio show just whines about Crosby when the Wings are playing Pittsburgh...it all stems from Pittsburgh beating them in the cup final and Crosby not shaking hands after the series right on cue. To just hear this guy Is so funny...

Wouldn't surprise me if Crosby stays healthy that he challenges for the scoring title.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Although we will have to put up with the endless crying and whining of Sidney Crosby once again, I'm pleased to see that the worst mustache this side of Mike Ricci has returned triumphantly.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Jason P wrote:
    Although we will have to put up with the endless crying and whining of Sidney Crosby once again, I'm pleased to see that the worst mustache this side of Mike Ricci has returned triumphantly.

best hockey player in the nhl right now ... :lol:
    polaris_x wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

best hockey player in the nhl right now ... :lol:
    Huh? Ricci retired in 2007.
    Caps fired Boudreau ... hired Dale Hunter

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc ... hl-wp18408

horrible move i think ... can't win with a bunch of individuals ... i guess the team first approach didn't fly with the CAPS ...
    Carolina fired Mauriced...replaced by Muller.

I doubt the Caps will ever win with Ovechkin...he's plan and simple selfish...he isn't even in the same league as Crosby.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

lukin2006 wrote:

I doubt the Caps will ever win with Ovechkin...he's plan and simple selfish...he isn't even in the same league as Crosby.

as in kirk muller!? ... peeps have been saying he'd be a great coach ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Yes Kirk Muller

• RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    lukin2006 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Yes Kirk Muller
    Viva la Captain Kirk!!!!!!!!
  • smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    anyone know how long Lehtinen is expected out for?

I picked up Raycroft in my pool for goalie bench help, looks like his stats are dreadful

is there a young goalie in the pipeline in Dallas I wonder
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    smarchee wrote:
    anyone know how long Lehtinen is expected out for?

I picked up Raycroft in my pool for goalie bench help, looks like his stats are dreadful

is there a young goalie in the pipeline in Dallas I wonder

i saw on the Score he might be out 3 weeks
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    boudreau now with the ducks ... carlysle fired ...

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc ... hl-wp18700

wow - talk about not being unemployed for long!
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    NHL approves radical realignment plan

PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. -- NHL officials have approved a radical realignment plan that will give the league four conferences instead of six divisions.

A New Look

Here is the four-conference format approved by the NHL board of governors Monday night. Under the realigned format, which still needs to be officially implemented by commissioner Gary Bettman, every team would play every other club in a home-and-home matchup:

The Board of Governors approved the move Monday at the first day of their meeting. The realignment won't be implemented until NHL commissioner Gary Bettman discusses the new plan with the NHL Players' Association.

"This is not a subject that everybody is going to get their first choice on," Bettman said Monday. "What you try to do is come up with something everybody can live with."

The league needed to make changes to accommodate Atlanta's move to Winnipeg this past summer. They could have switched one team from the Western Conference with the Jets but opted for a more dramatic plan.

There will be two conferences with eight teams and two with seven teams instead of the current format of six five-team divisions. Teams will play five or six intraconference games and home-and-home series with nonconference teams.

"The chance to stay in our time zone the chance to play two Original Six teams lots (Chicago and Detroit) and other very good teams in that conference and the chance to have every team in the league come into our building every year I think is a real positive," said Mark Chipman, chairman and governor of the Jets.

Chipman added there was no acrimony in the discussion that led to the significant change.

"I think it was a matter of everybody trying to make their points but I got the sense that people were acting in the best interests of the league and there was a compelling argument that what was agreed to today was in the best interests of everybody," Chipman said. "You can't satisfy everybody, everybody knew that going in."

Among the teams pleased with the new alignment plan were the Pittsburgh Penguins, whose fears of being separated from cross-state rival Philadelphia allayed with the radical shift.

"It was important to us to stay with long-time rivals. Not just Philly. And I think it was important to us to make sure we maintained the rivalries that we developed over the years and they're very good rivalries and our fans love to hate some of the teams we play against. I'm sure their fans love to hate us too. So we're encouraged by that," team CEO and president David Morehouse said Monday.

"In the end I think this will be a good thing for the league," he said.
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/73212 ... nment-plan

Conference "A"
    Anaheim
    Calgary
    Colorado
    Edmonton
    Los Angeles
    Phoenix
    San Jose
    Vancouver
    Conference "B"
    Chicago
    Columbus
    Dallas
    Detroit
    Minnesota
    Nashville
    St. Louis
    Winnipeg
    Conference "C"
    Boston
    Buffalo
    Florida
    Montreal
    Ottawa
    Tampa Bay
    Toronto
    Conference "D"
    Carolina
    New Jersey
    New York Islanders
    New York Rangers
    Philadelphia
    Pittsburgh
    Washington
    i think as long as every team plays every other team home and away - i'm ok with everything else ... i assume the playoffs will be similar to the nba in that they get rid of the conferences after the regular season?

on another note - what is going on with tampa!? ... roloson is killing my fantasy team ... :)
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Glad they kept the Penguins in the division with the Flyers & NY teams. Good to have the Caps back in the Patrick as well. Hurricanes? well, whatever.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Anybody reading these NYT Derek Boogaard articles? It's some fucked up shit. I've kind of lost my taste for fighting over the years, a little bit.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Anybody reading these NYT Derek Boogaard articles? It's some fucked up shit. I've kind of lost my taste for fighting over the years, a little bit.

yeah ... :(

i've always felt that fighting was needed in the game but i'm starting to think it's a bit old school ... my gf works with people with brain injuries and really from what i know ... we should not be encouraging blows to the head ... same thing with MMA ... i stopped watching that for those reasons ... my good friend's brother had a brain injury for most of his life and he didn't even know it ... battling depression and violent mood swings for a decade before they finally realized he had a tumour in his head likely resulting from a fall or blow to the head earlier in his life ...

there is less and less fighting in the league now anyways ... i mean, for the most part the leafs don't dress a fighter anymore ... i think luke schenn has been in more fights than anyone else ...
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Glad they kept the Penguins in the division with the Flyers & NY teams. Good to have the Caps back in the Patrick as well. Hurricanes? well, whatever.

I like the change. Not that the flyers division needs it, but it should enhance the rivalries even further. The caps may never make the playoffs ever again now that they have to play real teams throughout the year. Caps fans should be OK with that since they can't win playoff series anyway
    The Fixer wrote:

I like the change. Not that the flyers division needs it, but it should enhance the rivalries even further. The caps may never make the playoffs ever again now that they have to play real teams throughout the year. Caps fans should be OK with that since they can't win playoff series anyway

Ha ha - saves them from those 3-1 collapses.

This is really bad news for the Hurricanes and Islanders. Patrick Division is a monster.

Matthew Barnaby arrested for DUI, fired from ESPN, and could be deported. Please take him back Canada! :lol:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/7323426/matthew-barnaby-former-nhl-player-ex-espn-analyst-face-deportation-canada

• EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Matthew Barnaby arrested for DUI, fired from ESPN, and could be deported. Please take him back Canada! :lol:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/7323426/matthew-barnaby-former-nhl-player-ex-espn-analyst-face-deportation-canada
    what a bum. ESPN needs some new hockey analysts anyway.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvn-7HKkQOo

pretty slick goal ... but why karlson didn't rub him out is kinda mind boggling ...
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382340

Kaberle on his 3rd team in under a year, forth if you include the Leafs lol.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:

Well we didn't get any worse.....not a fan of the money though.
    Rygar wrote:
    kenshunt wrote:

He had 2 assists not to bad, i still think he's got talent but i guess Boston and Carolina didn't like the way he plays.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    kenshunt wrote:

He had 2 assists not to bad, i still think he's got talent but i guess Boston and Carolina didn't like the way he plays.
    Good first game. He did not play well in Boston at all so can't blame them for not liking him.
    We'll see, like I said we didn't get any worse. If he plays like crap, well he'll fit right in I guess...
    crosby out indefinitely with concussion like symptoms ...

brutal ... :(
    The NHL a joke, Crosby is out, Giroux is out, yet the bozos running that league refuse to act in regards to head shots.

lukin2006 wrote:
    The NHL a joke, Crosby is out, Giroux is out, yet the bozos running that league refuse to act in regards to head shots.
    My take is that if they do, then they risk exposure to future lawsuits and claims. The NFL is the same way.
    Jason P wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    My take is that if they do, then they risk exposure to future lawsuits and claims. The NFL is the same way.

Who the hell wants to watch a sport when your stars are sidelined...not me. They are already open to lawsuits.

They don't even want to address the issue. But they probably spent hours upon hours debating realignment.

No wonder more people watch bowling than the NHL.