Sat, Jan 26: No Code @ Philly’s Grape Street!

2»

Comments

• Much More Than ThisMuch More Than This Brooklyn, NY Posts: 765
    SENROCK! wrote:
    so whats up who's attending this show????!!!!!
    Judging by the response on this thread, I should hope it'll be folks who heard of the show via MySpace and direct e-mail. As they say in sports, any reasonable means of putting fannies in the seats. - Tony
  • Judging by the response on this thread, I should hope it'll be folks who heard of the show via MySpace and direct e-mail. As they say in sports, any reasonable means of putting fannies in the seats. - Tony

And don't forget those of us who heard of the show via text message...who may hit up the Grape Street after a sweet folk rock show @ the Electric Factory... :)
    rocknrollgurl = *bee girl* @ www.myspace.com/pearljamgrrl

Everything you've imagined...needn't be stuck in your mind.
  • Your influence is so great that we will hold you personally responsible for any unfurled banners that submit requests in a manner that calls our collective masculinity into question. - Tony

Given that you expressly suggested that very tactic earlier in this thread, I think it would be more appropriate if the band were to hold YOU accountable for any such banners.
    Given that you expressly suggested that very tactic earlier in this thread, I think it would be more appropriate if the band were to hold YOU accountable for any such banners.
    I can't be held accountable for anything, as I'm the fake singer in a fake Pearl Jam band. I call shenanigans! - Tony
    And don't forget those of us who heard of the show via text message...who may hit up the Grape Street after a sweet folk rock show @ the Electric Factory... :)
    We ought to name the artist performing the "sweet folk rock show" and give Ani her due, though with one proviso: If she dares play a Pearl Jam-length show that preempts your appearance at Grape, I'll retroactively rescind all warm sentiments and begin an "ANI SUCKS!" campaign reminiscent of the "BREATH" placards that were prominently displayed during PJ's 1998 U.S. tour. - Tony
  • Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    We ought to name the artist performing the "sweet folk rock show" and give Ani her due, though with one proviso: If she dares play a Pearl Jam-length show that preempts your appearance at Grape, I'll retroactively rescind all warm sentiments and begin an "ANI SUCKS!" campaign reminiscent of the "BREATH" placards that were prominently displayed during PJ's 1998 U.S. tour. - Tony

Oh but she has been known to cancel shows as well. I wonder what people are doing who had tix to the show in Asbury Park? Then again, I haven't been up on my ani news since, ever.
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
    Oh but she has been known to cancel shows as well. I wonder what people are doing who had tix to the show in Asbury Park? Then again, I haven't been up on my ani news since, ever.
    Because the Ani fans I know personally are people who maintain only the highest of hygienic standards, I should resist the temptation to wonder aloud whether the disappointed Asbury Park show-goers found themselves wandering near the Atlantic, where they might have come into contact with the ocean's power-washing capabilities. (Boy, am I glad I fought off that very un-PC urge.) - Tony
  • Oh but she has been known to cancel shows as well. I wonder what people are doing who had tix to the show in Asbury Park? Then again, I haven't been up on my ani news since, ever.

Ugh...I know...she's been sick, the poor girl:(

I sincerely hope she doesn't cancel her show @ the Factory...

I've wanted to see her in that room forever!

But...then again...as there is almost always a bright side to things...

I suppose a cancellation and/or postponement WOULD guarantee a certain rocknrollgurl's appearance at Grape Street...

I suppose a cancellation and/or postponement WOULD guarantee a certain rocknrollgurl's appearance at Grape Street...
    rocknrollgurl might change her mind after reading my last post. Ain't I a stinker (no pun intended)? - Tony
  • I can't be held accountable for anything, as I'm the fake singer in a fake Pearl Jam band. I call shenanigans! - Tony

I'll be the fall guy . . . *if* you play Indifference at one of your upcoming shows. Perhaps the one to take place on my home turf? Consider it.
    ...the plugs that were aired on WMMR yesterday? Friends reported that Pierre Robert and Matt Cord had hooked us up. - Tony
  • ...the plugs that were aired on WMMR yesterday? Friends reported that Pierre Robert and Matt Cord had hooked us up. - Tony

No, I didn't hear...but that is very cool of them to have done that!

They (esp. Matt Cord) mention 5vs1 shows for us all the time:)

We are a lucky city to have such a cool rock station.

No, I didn't hear...but that is very cool of them to have done that!

They (esp. Matt Cord) mention 5vs1 shows for us all the time:)

We are a lucky city to have such a cool rock station.
    ...And this comes from someone who has been an "earwitness" to the sad, steady demise of New York City radio.

Thanks for the update, "gurl". Since my last post a former band mate left me a voicemail saying that Matt Cord mentioned something to the effect of "Five Against One are my boys, but I hear good things about No Code." I couldn't have said it better myself, as 5vs1 are this Eddie wannabe's go-to band for live PJ in the Philly area. In fact, if they were playing a show tomorrow night...uh, well...on second thought, if I entertained the thought, my own "boys" would string me up by my vocal cords and have my successor in place by Sunday. - Tony
  • se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 321
    yeah i heard matt chord say that, around 7:15 last night

Any chance you could play grievance sat night?
  • Just a bump, I'm headin down tomorrow. Give it there no 5against1 but still pretty good. J/K havent seen the real PJ since 2005 lookin forward to the live music.\, kick some ass
  • Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    that was a kick-ass show man.....

animal
    state of love and trust
    even flow
    go
    once
    given to fly
    light years
    daughter
    jeremy
    sad
    corduroy
    rvm
    indifference
    severed hand
    red mosquito
    i got shit
    betterman (with chris booker from q102, formerly from 92.3 krock in ny, and of course those vh1 i love the 90's)
    alive
    yellow ledbetter/little wing

sounds a bout right?

thanks everyone for coming out...see ya soon
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
    HOLT9900 wrote:
    Just a bump, I'm headin down tomorrow. Give it there no 5against1 but still pretty good. J/K havent seen the real PJ since 2005 lookin forward to the live music.\, kick some ass
    Speaking as an admirer and occasional supporter of Five Against One, I'll take it as a compliment! - Tony
    that was a kick-ass show man.....

set 1
    animal
    state of love and trust
    even flow
    go
    once
    given to fly
    light years
    daughter/(like a stone)/(stuff and nonsense)/(another brick in the wall)
    jeremy
    sad
    corduroy
    rvm

set 2
    indifference
    severed hand
    red mosquito
    i got shit
    betterman (with chris booker from q102, formerly from 92.3 krock in ny, and of course those vh1 i love the 90's)
    alive
    yellow ledbetter/little wing

sounds a bout right?

thanks everyone for coming out...see ya soon
    ...if you had distinguished Set 1 from Set 2 and included the Daughter tags! But I'm very un-Eddie-like in my obsession with detail. - Tony
    ...because this is DEFINITELY for you!

No Code would like to express its sincere gratitude to those who attended the band's debut performance at Grape Street Philadelphia on Saturday night. Your boisterous support and high "Pearl Jam literacy" made it one of our most thrilling and memorable stage experiences.

Better yet, the large turnout has merited us an invitation to return to Grape Street as the headliner on Saturday, May 17. (Bands and show times TBA.) We hope you'll mark your calendars and join us once again.

Keep on rockin' in the free world,

Jim, Randy, Rob, Seth & Tony
    No Code: The Pearl Jam Tribute
  • So glad to hear you had a great time & turnout! :)

I am truly an ass for not coming...but in my defense...I wouldn't have been much of an asset to the show, as I was nearly falling asleep by 11:15pm when we were walking back to our car after Ani...

I don't know why I have been SO tired lately!?

Besides that, our friends that we were making the trip with pooped out on us at the last minute. Those fools!

...because this is DEFINITELY for you!

No Code would like to express its sincere gratitude to those who attended the band's debut performance at Grape Street Philadelphia on Saturday night. Your boisterous support and high "Pearl Jam literacy" made it one of our most thrilling and memorable stage experiences.

Better yet, the large turnout has merited us an invitation to return to Grape Street as the headliner on Saturday, May 17. (Bands and show times TBA.) We hope you'll mark your calendars and join us once again.

Keep on rockin' in the free world,

Jim, Randy, Rob, Seth & Tony
    No Code: The Pearl Jam Tribute

...don't tell me you've contracted the dreaded OFD (Over Forty Disease)! Seriously, no worries, "gurl". I've been feeling pretty run-down myself lately, to the extent that I'm not as quick to return fire when my mates diss their aged, ahem, leader. I hope to see you—as well as a few of the boys—on May 17, if not sooner. - Tony
    So glad to hear you had a great time & turnout! :)

I am truly an ass for not coming...but in my defense...I wouldn't have been much of an asset to the show, as I was nearly falling asleep by 11:15pm when we were walking back to our car after Ani...

I don't know why I have been SO tired lately!?

Besides that, our friends that we were making the trip with pooped out on us at the last minute. Those fools!