Options

Need some friendly advice...

jmeluginjmelugin Posts: 34
edited November 2011 in Lost Dogs
I, unfortunately, am being forced to part with some of my vinyl collection (due to some unexpected bills). For sale I have:

(all 1st printings)
Ten, Vs, Vitalogy, No Code, Yield, Binaural, Riot Act, Avacado, Backspacer, Lost Dogs, LO2L, LO10L, Into the Wild (w/ No More), and Eukele Songs.

All are opened, but in great condition. I am super reluctant to sell these, but desperate times call for...you get the picture.

Any advice on the best way to sell these (as a set or separate), and hopefully get them to a good home, would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    I would say separately would be the way to go. Alot of people looking for vinyl have bits and pieces and aren't looking to buy the whole collection in one shot. I'd say if you split it up, you'd be able to sell most if not all of these pretty easily if the price is right. If you don't want to split it up, you could try ebay, might have better luck there.
    And if you want a good home for a couple of these, look no further than this guy:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=174341
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    The best way would be assign prices and sell them here.

I would buy Avocado and Lost Dogs. I'd love to spin those!
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    if you need money, sell them individually on ebay to get the most you can. it's great to be able to share and deal here, but when you're in a financial pinch, you need to do what's best for your wallet.

that said, ten/vs/vitalogy/backspacer/loxl/uke songs might not get as much attention, so you may be able to sell on here what they would go for on ebay or near that. frankly, i'd just keep backspacer/loxl/uke songs since they're still readily available and probably not worth the effore to list.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    My friend mfc2006 has been trying to complete his collection. You should get in touch with him.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    this is the place to sell them, look at the board, there are some who are looking for Avocado, Lost Dogs, Benaroya, No code and so on, PM them...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    Thanks to everyone for the advice. Will prob do a little bit of it all. You guys have been helpful!
  • Options
    EZ1221C wrote:
    I would say separately would be the way to go. Alot of people looking for vinyl have bits and pieces and aren't looking to buy the whole collection in one shot. I'd say if you split it up, you'd be able to sell most if not all of these pretty easily if the price is right. If you don't want to split it up, you could try ebay, might have better luck there.
    And if you want a good home for a couple of these, look no further than this guy:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=174341

Definitely get in touch with that guy.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    JK36392JK36392 Posts: 840
    im looking to buy riot act
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    AndySlash wrote:
    if you need money, sell them individually on ebay to get the most you can. it's great to be able to share and deal here, but when you're in a financial pinch, you need to do what's best for your wallet.

that said, ten/vs/vitalogy/backspacer/loxl/uke songs might not get as much attention, so you may be able to sell on here what they would go for on ebay or near that. frankly, i'd just keep backspacer/loxl/uke songs since they're still readily available and probably not worth the effore to list.

What he said. I fully support keeping it within the family but if you're in a financial pinch, do what you need to do to maximize your return. Legally, of course, don't go dealing drugs or anything :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SwBkRn44SwBkRn44 Posts: 232
    Sell them here. I'd buy Binaural or LO2L. Can't do both right now but would definitely buy one of them. Good luck to you.
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,017
    Just checking in and seeing if you have any of these records left. I'm looking for Binaural, Riot Act, LO10L and Lost Dogs. Thanks!

Ryan
    jmelugin wrote:
    I, unfortunately, am being forced to part with some of my vinyl collection (due to some unexpected bills). For sale I have:

(all 1st printings)
    Ten, Vs, Vitalogy, No Code, Yield, Binaural, Riot Act, Avacado, Backspacer, Lost Dogs, LO2L, LO10L, Into the Wild (w/ No More), and Eukele Songs.

All are opened, but in great condition. I am super reluctant to sell these, but desperate times call for...you get the picture.

Any advice on the best way to sell these (as a set or separate), and hopefully get them to a good home, would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago