Worst phone call EVER!!

whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
So I was getting ready for work today.. and got the worst phone call ever! I got a call from a pysician in Overland Park ( Shawnee Mission Medical Center) to tell me that my sister was in their care after having been assaulted and raped in a local park.. I have tried all day to call her and let her know I love her and am pulling for her.. I even took some time off of work from next month to go back out to Kansas to see her, and be sure that she's ok.. but still what a horrible call to get.. Please pray for her, and send her some good vibes..She's had such a horrible year.. first the divorce, then her doggie gets killed by a train, and now this..Man.. what a shitty day..I really want a beer but I have to maintain sobriety...Please pray for her..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    That is horrible and my heart goes out to her, you, and your family.
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    So I was getting ready for work today.. and got the worst phone call ever! I got a call from a pysician in Overland Park ( Shawnee Mission Medical Center) to tell me that my sister was in their care after having been assaulted and raped in a local park.. I have tried all day to call her and let her know I love her and am pulling for her.. I even took some time off of work from next month to go back out to Kansas to see her, and be sure that she's ok.. but still what a horrible call to get.. Please pray for her, and send her some good vibes..She's had such a horrible year.. first the divorce, then her doggie gets killed by a train, and now this..Man.. what a shitty day..I really want a beer but I have to maintain sobriety...Please pray for her..

Oh my God. She is definately in my thoughts. This is horrible...sad...disgusting. What is wrong with people sometimes. :(
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    This news makes me so sad. I am sending prayers, love, light and hugs that she recovers the best she can.

I don't understand why people have to hurt other people. :(
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Wow....
    Thoughts & prayers are with you & your sister...:(
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • InsideManInsideMan Posts: 261
    My thoughts are with you and your sister.
    2009: Philly 3 & 4
    2010: Newark, MSG I
    2011: EV Philly
    2012: Philly MIA
    2013: Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Philly 1 & 2, Baltimore
  • jg1988jg1988 Posts: 181
    i will keep her in my thoughts, i am truly sorry to hear about this. i think many will agree many pjers have had a bad week thus far gauging the posts.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    {{{HUGS}}}

wishing your sister the best, stay strong for her...she needs you to be her rock.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • tdbljatdblja Posts: 2
    Second by second, minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day. Stay clean however you can. The last thing anybody needs now is you not being you right? This system is horrible and alot of people are too. I'm sorry for what's happening in your lives right now but remember you have ALOT of support - you and your family are not alone, we're all with you. Stay clean and clear and be there for each other.

with love and pj,
    Tree :D
  • My thoughts are with you and your sister
  • 78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    Stay strong for your sister.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    It is horrible that anyone has to go through this. I hope your sister has amazing luck in 2012.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    I'm so sorry this happened to your sister. No one should have to go though this.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    (((((hugs))))) and {{{{{healing vibes}}}}} to your sister. Stay strong and sober WH! Be good to yourself and don't let this dirt-bag be the cause of even more heartache.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    What an f-ing scum bag! Sorry to hear this mate, hope she can be strong and put this crap behind her.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
    Aero83_ wrote:
    Loulou wrote:
    What an f-ing scum bag! Sorry to hear this mate, hope she can be strong and put this crap behind her.

haha, totally....do they spell gullible in australia the same way as in the u.s.?
    Would you post something like that on a wide-open rock and roll message board?!?

Explain your hostility please. Do you have some sort of personal beef with the OP? Otherwise, as your mother probably taught you, if you don't have anything nice, or in this case supportive, then don't say anything at all.
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    My thoughts are with your sister, you and your family. Hang in there and stay strong. There is a long road of healing ahead.
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,292
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to your sister. Stay strong for her - she needs you more than ever now.
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Aero83_ wrote:
    Loulou wrote:

haha, totally....do they spell gullible in australia the same way as in the u.s.?
    Would you post something like that on a wide-open rock and roll message board?!?

Explain your hostility please. Do you have some sort of personal beef with the OP? Otherwise, as your mother probably taught you, if you don't have anything nice, or in this case supportive, then don't say anything at all.
    trollers gonna troll
  • iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    That's awful. Hope things start getting better soon.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
    conman wrote:
    Aero83_ wrote:

trollers gonna troll

True :roll: I shouldn't have risen to the bait ;)
  • LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Aero83_ wrote:
    Loulou wrote:

I might be gullible mate but this Australian doesn't demean people for no reason either.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Thank you for all your support..and prayers..And as for the jerk who is entertained by being an asshole, I am simply asking for support from from my "extended family" for support from people who have heard from me about this sister for years..she knows I tell these guys everything..as for a link.. you serious!?!?!? you think I'm gonna post her name on here when there's people like YOU on this board..
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    I'm so sorry to hear this...I'm very close to my sister so I can imagine how tough this is for you. I hope that she's ok...she's very lucky to have a sister like you that cares about her so much!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • dugangsxrdugangsxr Covington KY Posts: 670
    Man, sorry to hear that. I will keep her in my prayers tonight.
    Paul D.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    oh wow, I am so sorry for you both.
    that has to be almost as bad as it gets, hoping that she will be OK.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    this makes me angry and extremely sad all at once.

keeping her in my thoughts, for sure. stay strong !!!
    xoxoxox

and-
    I hope they catch this mother fucker :evil: :evil:
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    We live in a sick and twisted world with nothing but sicking people. I'm so sorry for what you and your sister are going through. Although justice may not ever be served that low life piece of shit will get what's coming for him. Best luck to your sister's road to recovery. My thoughts and prayers go out to you guys!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Aero83_ wrote:
    I think you're full of shit. Got a link??

Are you kidding me?? There is so much I want to type but I will restrain because I'm better than that. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    DS1119 wrote:
    Aero83_ wrote:
    I think you're full of shit. Got a link??

Are you kidding me?? There is so much I want to type but I will restrain because I'm better than that. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
    troll.